ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2023 First Round Mock 3.0
kccrow 08:16 AM 03-16-2023
I didn't come away liking my last one too much, and I don't think anyone else did either. I'm releasing another a little early. Not giving any breakdowns so feel free to ask for elaboration on something.

01. Carolina Panthers (f/CHI) - QB C.J. Stroud, Ohio State
02. Houston Texans - QB Bryce Young, Alabama
03. Indianapolis Colts (t/ARI) - QB Anthony Richardson, Florida
04. Arizona Cardinals (t/IND) - ER Will Anderson, Alabama
05. Seattle Seahawks (f/DEN) - ER Tyree Wilson, Texas Tech
06. Detroit Lions (f/LAR) - RB Bijon Robinson, Texas
07. Las Vegas Raiders - CB Christian Gonzalez, Oregon
08. Atlanta Falcons - CB Joey Porter Jr, Penn State
09. Chicago Bears (f/CAR) - OT Paris Johnson, Ohio State
10. Philadelphia Eagles (f/NO) - S Brian Branch, Alabama
11. Tennessee Titans - WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State
12. Houston Texans (f/CLE) - ER Nolan Smith, Georgia
13. Green Bay Packers (t/NYJ-Rodgers) - ER Myles Murphy, Clemson
14. New England Patriots - OT Broderick Jones, Georgia
15. Green Bay Packers - DE Keion White, Georgia Tech
16. Washington Commanders - QB Will Levis, Kentucky
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - LB Trenton Simpson, Clemson
18. Detroit Lions - DT Calijah Kancey, Pittsburgh
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - OT Anton Harrison, Oklahoma
20. Seattle Seahawks - OL Peter Skoronski, Northwestern
21. Los Angeles Chargers - RB Jahmyr Gibbs, Alabama
22. Baltimore Ravens - CB Devon Witherspoon, Illinois
23. Minnesota Vikings - WR Jordan Addison, USC
24. Jacksonville Jaguars - CB Deonte Banks, Maryland
25. New York Giants - WR Quentin Johnston, TCU
26. Dallas Cowboys - TE Michael Mayer, Notre Dame
27. Buffalo Bills - ER Lukas VanNess, Iowa
28. Cincinnati Bengals - TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah
29. New Orleans Saints (f/SF) - WR Jalin Hyatt, Tennessee
30. Philadelphia Eagles - OG O'Cyrus Torrence, Florida
31. Kansas City Chiefs - OT Darnell Wright, Tennessee
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:12 PM 03-16-2023
I'd prefer we nab Carter or Breese in this scenario, I suspect they both go in the 1st still, but this feels pretty realistic to me.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:27 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I'd prefer we nab Carter or Breese in this scenario, I suspect they both go in the 1st still, but this feels pretty realistic to me.
I'm still having a hard time seeing Carter as a draftable prospect. If he goes undrafted he could go back to Georgia and re-enter for 2024. It might be best for him and let this legal shit clear up. I mentioned in another thread somewhere that if he doesn't go in the top 6 it will be telling. I kind of think it's that or he doesn't get drafted. On the field, he's absolutely a top 6 player. I mean, maybe he slips a little but it would still be top 10. I don't know. If Detroit and Philly don't take a shot at him with 2 first-round picks, what would you think his chances of getting drafted are? I don't think I'd attend the draft in person if I were him. If you put him in, it probably pushes an edge rusher down the board in my opinion.

Bresee seems to be crashing down boards into the 30s and I think it's legit. He's missed quite a bit of time. An ACL, a shoulder. He's not that great as a pass rusher either. I don't think you take a guy that's been hurt too much and doesn't rush the passer all that well in the 1st round. I think he's out. Maybe a team with a need at 3-4 DE reaches for him like GB or MIN. After that, NO might be the last chance for him to hit the 1st. Not enough there for me though. I think I'd wait for a guy like him. I've soured on this guy alot too. I like Benton, Dexter, and Pickens over him. That would probably push him into the 3rd round range for me. I don't know what NFL teams think, maybe they are higher on him.

I have White going in his place but even with him, I'm unsure where he should go. His production ascension over the last couple of seasons is absolutely 1st round caliber but he's going to turn 25. Teams rarely take 25-year-old players in the 1st round. It happens, but it doesn't happen often. Fortunately, he plays a position that you see guys go into their mid-30s.

Overall, this is a really hard group of players to project. The wildcard that makes this one difficult is Bijon Robinson. Man, he's so good. But what team will value a RB like him and take him? He's got some qualities of some really good RBs of the past, especially LaDainian Tomlinson. But I see some others I've listed in the past like Willis McGahee and Deuce McAllister. That's some relatively high praise to be honest. He's the best back I've watched in a long, long time coming out. If I ever said with absolution to draft a RB in the 1st, he's the guy. I think Detroit should take him at #6. If they don't, then Atlanta should at #8 even though they have a solid runner in Allgeier. Robinson just hits you different. Allgeier is a fine back, hell I took him for my Alternate Reality team last year. He's not Robinson. Why in the hell shouldn't Philly take him? They have a nice backfield with Gainwell and Penny but man would he destroy worlds there. Would Jerry sell his soul to go up to 5 for him thinking he's getting the next Emmitt? It'd be a big dick swing and probably cost them their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and a 1st next year. They don't have a ton of needs and Jerry loves his team to have a strong running game. Going to be interesting. That one player swings the draft in several directions depending on where he goes.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 04:24 PM 03-16-2023
lol I like Robinson too if he falls to us, the talent is just too much to pass on.

In general, I'm looking out for a top talent slipping within range.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 05:09 PM 03-16-2023
As an outsider, I'm fascinated to see what the Bears do. They need DL help desperately, but I think the top 10 value will be gone by the time they draft. Next up is OL help.

I have the Bears in the CP mock. I ended up going with Peter Skoronski giving them an answer at RT or RG (their two biggest OL areas of need). Braxton Jones at LT was a 5th rounder, so the talent is questionable, but he scored top 10 at LT last season in some key metrics including Pass Block win rate. Consensus online seems to be that they don't need LT... But I debated myself why not take a shot on at landing an elite LT like Paris Johnson or Broderick Jones, and then slide Braxton to RT. I can't go back and change the CP mock, but 48 hours and I'm leaning your direction: should have taken the LT.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 05:10 PM 03-16-2023
I do think the Bears take Jalen Carter at 9 of he's there, regardless of legal troubles or pro day results.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:28 PM 03-16-2023
Ok, I like the Darnell Wright pick but, question, what would it cost us to move up to 24 or 25 to take the TE of choice between Mayer or Kincaid? My thought is maybe we get our RT either before the draft or after June 1 cuts.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:28 AM 03-17-2023
I also probably prefer OT Anton Harrison or DE Isaiah Foskey in this scenario...

My Board:
-DT J Carter
-RB B Robinson
-OT A Harrison
-DE I Foskey
-WR Z Flowers
-OT D Jones
-DT B Breese

Wow! Those are some really incredible options! I would love to get any one of these guys!

...can I trade back with SEA for #37 & #51 and get 2 of them? lol
[Reply]
tmax63 07:21 AM 03-17-2023
Carter pled No Contest and his troubles will be cleared up. 12 months probation, $1000 fine, 80 hours community service. He'll definitely go 1st rd now.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:11 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Carter pled No Contest and his troubles will be cleared up. 12 months probation, $1000 fine, 80 hours community service. He'll definitely go 1st rd now.
Surprising lay down by the courts. A plea of no contest on his end isn't an admission of guilt, he gets really nothing but a slap. By the account of his attorney, the investigation did not yield evidence that would have allowed them to charge him with manslaughter or vehicular homicide. I'm truly questioning why they even went for a token conviction here.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:58 PM 03-17-2023

Let's do this!
[Reply]
Up