ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Backup QB: Clayton Tune
kcbubb 08:40 PM 03-12-2023
Tune as one of the best athletes at qb. He’s got a good arm and is a multi year starter. He’s a long shot but I’d take him in the 5th or 6th. High upside with his arm and athletic ability. Take a look at the YouTube highlights at the bottom.

COLLEGE
Houston
HOMETOWN
CLASS
Carrollton, TX
Senior
HEIGHT
6’ 2 1/2’’
WEIGHT
220 lbs
ARM
31 3/8’’
HAND
9 3/8’’

Combine Results

40-Yard Dash 4.64
10-Yard Split 1.55
Vertical Jump 37.5’’
Broad Jump 10’ 2’’
3-Cone Drill 6.89
20-Yd Shuttle 4.25

https://youtu.be/LUydPxGQcbs
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:48 PM 03-12-2023
Dorian Thompson-Robinson would be another I would target.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:17 PM 03-12-2023
Jaren Hall and Max Duggan as day 3 guys look intriguing. Both seem like Andy Reid projects to me.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:44 PM 03-12-2023
I definitely like Tune. He's probably my favorite backup QB candidate. He's got pretty good accuracy and good zip on the ball and very good athleticism.

I'm not too high on this QB crop outside the top 5 (Stroud, Young, Levis, Richardson, Hooker).

The only other ones I like are Holton Ahlers, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Aidan O'Connell, and Tim DeMorat. O'Connell and DeMorat lack zip on their passes. I'd probably draft O'Connell in the 7th and hope he can have a Drew Brees ascension in arm strength because he's really accurate and smart... kinda like Brees. I just couldn't take him earlier than that. DeMorat is probably a UDFA guy I'd maybe bring in and tinker with on the PS for a year and see what I could get from him but that's about it. I kind of like Dorian Thompson-Robinson enough to probably take a stab at him in like round 6. He's a bit more run-first than I like but he has some tools to work on. Ahlers is probably a 6th round guy for me. Tune is a 5th round guy for me.

The rest suck ass IMO.
[Reply]
kcbubb 06:59 AM 03-13-2023
Tune’s combine numbers are amazing. Anthony Richardson has shot up with his combine but tune has been over looked.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:03 PM 08-21-2023
Tune and DTR have both looked good. I’m just not very excited about our backups.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 08:58 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Tune and DTR have both looked good. I’m just not very excited about our backups.
What has Buechele not shown you that you would need to see to be excited?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:10 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Hell, Gabbert has looked the part of a quality veteran backup as well.

The QB room is just fine.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:03 AM 08-28-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
I’m not sure. He’s looked good at times. I was just thought tune showed some real ability and wished we had a backup like that. It’ll be interesting if he gets some playing time in the season…
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:32 AM 08-29-2023
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
I’m not sure. He’s looked good at times. I was just thought tune showed some real ability and wished we had a backup like that. It’ll be interesting if he gets some playing time in the season…
:-) our backups have looked fine. Tune won't amount to dick.
[Reply]
kcbubb 05:05 PM 09-03-2023
I’ve changed my mind. I based my comments off the cardinals preseason game. Gabbert looked solid against the browns.
[Reply]
Up