ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
staylor26 10:48 AM 02-27-2023
Man, every time I watch this guy I can't help but think he would be fantastic in this offense. I know TE in the 1st isn't an option for many on here, and I doubt it happens, but he might be the best TE in this class and has the upside to be a top 3 TE in the NFL in a couple years.

Andy loves his YAC guys, and Kincaid is really fucking good after the catch. Kelce and Kincaid would be a cheat code in the middle of the field.

Of course, you could say the same thing about Mayer and Musgrave. Any one of the top 3 TEs would have the rest of the NFL collectively shitting their pants.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:51 AM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
How is Mayer's fit with our offense? I ask because I was able to get him in a PFN mock, though I think he's gone in the late teens / early twenties.

I think he plays like Gronk in that he is just physically imposing and dominant with solid hands. I feel like its a different style than Kelce.

Do Andy/Patrick just prefer a guy who excels at getting separation that much more than a possession guy?
I see him as a Jason Witten type.

Good player you want to have but not wow.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:33 AM 03-08-2023
Too collegey.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:04 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Zack Kuntz put on a show at the combine today. Just posted about it in the Combine thread on the main Lounge.

But... basically gives you Darnell Washington's advantage (size, speed, uncommon agility and speed for size) with better leaping ability and explosiveness, and has been used in a variety of ways as a pass game weapon.

Needs to work on his blocking, but otherwise a better fit for KC than someone like Washington.
This is the kind of 2nd day pick I'd rather see than a 1st rounder (or really even a 2nd) on a TE.

He's a little older so that will impact his growth curve in all probability. It will also probably push him into the late 3rd.

He's a tall dude, fast and agile. But he's green and he doesn't have a lot of runway in front of him. He wasn't super-productive in college and he'd definitely need to add some weight to be anything more than a Mikael Ricks sort of novelty item.

But that's what 3rd and 4th round picks are for, IMO.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:05 PM 03-10-2023
Ok, hands down, this IS the Kelce replacement at TE. I would be willing to make this selection my #1 priority no matter what the cost. He is incredible.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:20 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Thoughts on Darnell Washington?

Darnell Washington posted the second fastest 20-yard shuttle among *ALL* WRs and TEs

The only faster time was Jaxon Smith-Njigba's 3.93

Washington weighs 71 pounds more than JSN

https://twitter.com/nfl/status/16321...kwVVahNBMPqdzA

https://twitter.com/jontweetssports/...kwVVahNBMPqdzA
"Black Gronkowski"
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:36 AM 03-12-2023
If you want the Kelce replacement and are willing to wait a year or two for him to fully get there....it's this kid.

[Reply]
Bowser 10:44 AM 03-12-2023
He looks exactly like Kelce in that vid. If you'd have told me that was Kelce's college highlights, I'd believe you.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:45 AM 03-12-2023
I just don't know where you draft him. Do you move down from 31 and take him near the top of the 2nd? Trade up from 63? He isn't going to make it to us at 63.
[Reply]
JPH83 10:46 AM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If you want the Kelce replacement and are willing to wait a year or two for him to fully get there....it's this kid.

Kincaid moves MUCH more like Kelce imo. Musgrave could be incredible, but it is speed and size. It's not YAC or route running or finding soft spots or body control or really anything like Kelce. I think it's completely possible Musgrave ends up a better player because Kincaid isn't particularly athletic, but he plays much more like Kelce I reckon.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:56 AM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I just don't know where you draft him. Do you move down from 31 and take him near the top of the 2nd? Trade up from 63? He isn't going to make it to us at 63.
Move up from 63? We have draft capital in the later rounds....
[Reply]
RunKC 01:25 PM 03-18-2023
Perfect year to get a TE to help give Kelce more breathers as he gets older.

I like this guy in the 4th rd. Really good si3 and speed.

At #Michigan Pro Day, Luke Schoonmaker improved his vert to 35.5 and (per @TonyPauline) ran between 6.85-6.95 in the 3-cone

Those numbers make him the 2nd most athletic TE in 2023 class and 6th most athletic in the last decade.

He's in top-tier in a strong TE class. #ShrineBowl pic.twitter.com/2eSYsqpIdR

— Eric Galko (@EricGalko) March 18, 2023

[Reply]
Stryker 08:01 PM 03-18-2023
Sorry but when I watch both Musgrave and Kincaid highlights, well I see Kelce looking in the mirror and seeing Kincaid's reflection. I would move up in the draft to either 24 (Jacksonville) or 25 (Giants) or 26 (Cowboys) to snag this player. It would look good for KC, Clark should be happy and yada yada! Do it Veach! :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up