ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>WR Deandre Hopkins?
Couch-Potato 09:30 AM 12-26-2022
I saw a few articles suggesting that the Cardinals might trade Deandre Hopkins this offseason. They've only won 4 games this year, might need to cash in and rebuild. Many believe he'd end up in NE after Bill Belichick flirted with him on the sidelines recently, but I'm wondering if he wants to play for a winning team at some point in his career. Others, like the Giants are speculating he could be had for a 2nd RD pick, which means if we were interested it would likely cost us a 2nd + an additional pick.

Hopkins contract salary is for $19.5m & $15m over the next two years, even if you paid JuJu $20m you'd still only be paying $10m more than Tyreek's contract for both. Hopkins missed 6 games, and JuJu has missed 1, but JuJu is only 160 yards ahead of Hopkins, both with 3 TDS and 11 yards per catch, so he hasn't lost a step. Hopkins also plays on the outside, and we could really use a tall outside WR, plus he's a phenomenal deep threat.

I think it'd be really interesting to explore a Deandre Hopkins trade this offseason with all those extra picks, for maybe a 2nd & 5th(?), to hopefully pair him with JuJu. Let Hardman, Watson AND MVS ($8.5m next year & $11.5m the following) walk.

Imagine rolling that Tyreek trade into the greatest passing attack we've ever had, and then blowing THAT offense out of the water the following year!

TE Kelce - Stalwart Goat TE
WR Hopkins - Tall Star Outside Deep Threat
WR JuJu - Big & Tall Slot Star
WR Toney - Fast & Crazy Agile Gadget / Returner
WR Moore - Chain Mover, grows into highly reliable route runner & pass catcher
WR Ross - Surprise Talent, has 2 year to learn from Hopkins
WR Rookie - New Blood
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:06 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Looking at that statement of being more flexible in it's full context. He is talking about being flexible in not taking a top of the market deal. So 27-30 million is top of the market. He will make nearly 20 million aav the next 2 years, so lets split the difference between the 2 and assume that is what he wants. Does that seem reasonable? Does 24 million per year sound reasonable to you to pay Hopkins?
Yes. But can we please ask him to just take $20m in KC so we can ensure he wins a SB?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:20 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Yes. But can we please ask him to just take $20m in KC so we can ensure he wins a SB?
You could.

But do you really want to offer a 31yr old WR 20 million per year?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:25 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Whatever he wants is irrelevant I don't see how a team would trade + extend him for the money he wants at his age. If the compensation is met it comes down to would he want to stay in AZ or not?
Or he could keep hanging out in Dallas.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:27 AM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Veach wouldn't get rid of a young and about to hit his prime LB for a washed WR that's going to maybe play half the season if he's lucky
You're pretty confident he wouldn't get rid of a LB that's in the final year of his contract and likely won't be re-signed next year? I mean, he might not, but I wouldn't eliminate the possibility. Depends on who he's getting for that investment.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 06:19 PM 03-15-2023
I had a thought - The Chiefs letting JJSS go for (11/year aav, 8/yr gty'd )would be criminal - if they don't have a plan. I wonder if they don't plan to make a move for Smith-Njigba if he falls into the late teens/early twenties. Not only are the names eerily similar, so are their play styles.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:00 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I had a thought - The Chiefs letting JJSS go for (11/year aav, 8/yr gty'd )would be criminal - if they don't have a plan. I wonder if they don't plan to make a move for Smith-Njigba if he falls into the late teens/early twenties. Not only are the names eerily similar, so are their play styles.
I'm also hoping that there's a plan in place already making JuJu expendable, but hard to imagine that's a draft pick because there's not much certainty we'll get the guy we want.
[Reply]
kevrunner 04-14-2023, 08:40 PM
This message has been deleted by kevrunner.
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up