ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Nzoner's Game Room>** 2023 Sporting Kansas City Thread **
|Zach| 08:38 PM 12-22-2022
Schedule has been released. The St. Louis team is now in the league and we play them 3 times. Lots of attacking power on this team with Agada, Russell, Salloi, and hopefully a healthy Pulido and Kinda.

Players In

M - Nemanja Radoja (10/26/22 - free transfer)
D - Graham Zusi (12/2/22 - free agent)
D - Andreu Fontas (12/2/22 - free agent)
M - Roger Espinoza (12/2/22 - free agent)
F - Stephen Afrifa (12/21/22 - draft)
D - Chris Rindov (12/21/22 - draft)

Players out

D - Nicolas Isimat-Mirin (11/15/22 - option declined)
D - Kaveh Rad (11/15/22 - option declined)

[Reply]
|Zach| 08:23 PM 11-16-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Everything I said about Vermes is still 100% accurate, but how the season played out definitely saved his ass. Sounds like the board was going to Seattle to fire him earlier in the season and that performance saved him. We’ll see if he tries to play Kyrie Shelton at LB now that Logan is injured. When we’re fully healthy and can play his system he’s a great coach. When he has to adjust from his only system he knows he’s probably the worst coach in the league. He constantly tries to fit square pegs in tiny holes. I’m happy we beat our rival, but let’s not act like Vermes is the best coach around again either. He has some huge weaknesses.
Vermes told them when his players are healthy this is a good team and to judge him based on that.

Low and behold.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:28 PM 11-16-2023

- 15 goals and six assists in all competitions
- Second in MLS with four multi-goal matches
- The first player in MLS history to score 10 goals after missing his team's entire previous season

Your 2023 @MLS Comeback Player of the Year: @alanpulido https://t.co/0ZFb5PFkNf pic.twitter.com/faHFyeHqtl

— Sporting Kansas City (@SportingKC) November 15, 2023

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 03:03 AM 11-17-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Vermes told them when his players are healthy this is a good team and to judge him based on that.

Low and behold.
:-):-):-) “Judge me when things are going as well as they can be, not when I have to make actual coaching adjustments” definitely sounds like a Vermes statement.
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:27 AM 11-17-2023
:-):-):-) “Judge me when things are going as well as they can be, not when I have to make actual coaching adjustments” definitely sounds like a Vermes statement.
Man, I know you are fresh off booing Brady Cook and your sports mind is second to none but you can't lose 3 DP players in a salary cap league like MLS and expect to be "ok" that is not coaching adjustments that is that talent of your team not being able to play soccer.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 03:47 AM 11-17-2023
Man, I know you are fresh off booing Brady Cook and your sports mind is second to none but you can't lose 3 DP players in a salary cap league like MLS and expect to be "ok" that is not coaching adjustments that is that talent of your team not being able to play soccer.
There’s a difference between being ok and completely inept. Peter re-signed Shelton and continued to try and fit him into the starting 11. Peter left this team without any depth at forward even though we’re overstocked with midfielders. That’s why we were the worst offensive team in MLS history to start the season. Most other coaches/GM’s wouldn’t have left the cupboard so bare with a striker coming off an injury like Peter did.
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:50 AM 11-17-2023
There’s a difference between being ok and completely inept. Peter re-signed Shelton and continued to try and fit him into the starting 11. Peter left this team without any depth at forward even though we’re overstocked with midfielders. That’s why we were the worst offensive team in MLS history to start the season. Most other coaches/GM’s wouldn’t have left the cupboard so bare with a striker coming off an injury like Peter did.
The depth at forward got injured as well. Agada spent a ton of time hurt.

How deep do you really think MLS teams are? Do you watch this league? Do you think third string depth at forward is a normal thing?

I am sorry man you are just flailing here. I know you think he should have coached his way out of losing all our best players and hey that's an opinion. I am fine not taking yours very seriously. Come what may!
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:51 AM 11-17-2023
The best thing about seeing the team how it is when not completely wiped out by injuries is that its a window that is not really closing. Lots of locked up talent that has a lot of soccer in front of them. Next year will be fun regardless of the outcome of this post season.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 05:02 AM 11-17-2023
The depth at forward got injured as well. Agada spent a ton of time hurt.

How deep do you really think MLS teams are? Do you watch this league? Do you think third string depth at forward is a normal thing?

I am sorry man you are just flailing here. I know you think he should have coached his way out of losing all our best players and hey that's an opinion. I am fine not taking yours very seriously. Come what may!
Theres a huge difference between 3rd string MLS depth and ****ing Khiry Shelton. I’m completely fine with the board dunce not taking my opinions seriously, though. :-)
[Reply]
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Up