ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Need Recommendations on a new Tablet...
Mr_Tomahawk 07:10 PM 01-16-2019
I am in need of a new tablet for the occasional field work I do for my employer. I say new because I have had a bad string of luck with refurbished desktops/notebooks in the past.

This doesn’t need to be the Ferrari of tablets....I basically just need to be able run OneNote and use a stylus on it...anything else is just extra. I also would like something smaller than a sheet a paper (less than an 8.5x11 screen).

So for all you tech heads out there...what are some economical options.

Fuck the Patriots.

Xoxo,
Tomahawk
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:12 PM 01-16-2019
Nothing made by Amazon.
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:15 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Nothing made by Amazon.
Is that who makes the Kindle? Because yeah, they suck. My wife has gone through like 4 of the fucking things.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:30 PM 01-16-2019
I really like my surface pro, but if all you're doing is One Note, that is outside of what you'd want to spend I guess. It's essentially a sheet of paper.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:32 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Is that who makes the Kindle? Because yeah, they suck. My wife has gone through like 4 of the fucking things.
Yep. Have to use a workaround to even get the Google Play Store since it's basically an Android tablet installed with enormous amounts of bloatware.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:44 PM 01-16-2019
Are you gay?
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 07:52 PM 01-16-2019
Lenovo Tab 4.

Anyone familiar with those? I’ve never heard of them but they have good reviews and come loaded with Microsoft Office apparently.
[Reply]
srvy 07:53 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I really like my surface pro, but if all you're doing is One Note, that is outside of what you'd want to spend I guess. It's essentially a sheet of paper.
We get issued surface pros at work they seem rock solid but I think they are pricey. Also what are the condition in the field? If its just walking from car to conference or meeting an IPad would work. We use in environmental conditions Panasonic ruggedized toughbooks that can handle snow cold dust and rain. They are built to US military specs and handle drops with ease. I believe I read Apple is going to offer a ruggedized Ipad soon.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 07:55 PM 01-16-2019
Dell XPS 13.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:57 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
We get issued surface pros at work they seem rock solid but I think they are pricey. Also what are the condition in the field? If its just walking from car to conference or meeting an IPad would work. We use in environmental conditions Panasonic ruggedized toughbooks that can handle snow cold dust and rain. They are built to US military specs and handle drops with ease. I believe I read Apple is going to offer a ruggedized Ipad soon.
I bought a UAG case for mine, and odds are I'm in worse conditions than he is.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:58 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Lenovo Tab 4.

Anyone familiar with those? I’ve never heard of them but they have good reviews and come loaded with Microsoft Office apparently.
Complaints from a google search are it runs an old version of android, poor camera quality, and no dual band wifi.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:01 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You might want to check out the Surface Go from Microsoft. Lot cheaper than a surface pro. The "Go" is a brand new to the lineup. I've been using a Surface Pro for 2 years and love it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/su...%3aoverviewtab
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:05 PM 01-16-2019
I’m in the architectural field. So I can be anywhere from a black tie conference room to outside in the elements getting covered with fly ash.

Just looking for something that I can take notes on or sketch on that immediately goes to the cloud and loaded to our local server for others at my office to view. Hence the the OneNote and Stylus.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:07 PM 01-16-2019
I’m in the architectural field. So I can be anywhere from a black tie conference room to outside in the elements getting covered with fly ash.

Just looking for something that I can take notes on or sketch on that immediately goes to the cloud and loaded to our local server for others at my office to view. Hence the the OneNote and Stylus.
Sounds like the Lenovo Tab 4 should do the job for you, then. Comes with what you need and is cost efficient.
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:08 PM 01-16-2019
Lenovo Tab 4.

I currently have a Lenovo laptop and it's a POS. Wasn't cheap either. I'll never buy anything with that brand name on it again.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up