ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>More evidence that Chiefsplanet is "different" when it comes to the Chiefs...
htismaqe 11:17 AM 01-16-2019
There's something about being "hardcore", we've always known it I guess. When things are bad with the team, this place can be almost unbearable for sure. But is it really always that CP is just more "negative" than the average fan?

I was listening to 810 this morning, especially them talking with Brooke Pryor from the Star. I seems to me that a slight (or maybe higher) majority here not only like the Patriots matchup and think they can win but WANT the Patriots matchup - you know, the old adage "to be the best, you have to beat the best".

From listening to the radio this morning (granted, it was only a couple of hours) it sure sounded to me like nobody wanted them to face the Patriots. The tone seemed more about the easiest path to the Super Bowl and being somewhat intimidated by the thought of facing Tom Brady.

For me, I see both sides of it. They are a dynastic team. He is one of the greatest QBs every - arguably the greatest. But really when it come down to it, does it matter? Nobody thought they could beat the Colts or the Curse. And yet they did.

The Chiefs are going to win this Sunday. Mark it down. And when they do, NOBODY will be able to say "but it was the Chargers. You didn't have to play the Patriots".

It's time for a new dynasty! It starts THIS SUNDAY!
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:58 AM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If the Saints win, I could take some solace in the fact that I really like Drew Brees.

If the Rams win, I'll hope their plane crashes heading back to LA. Ideally it lands right in the Mississippi river and they all die within sight of the arch (and I don't even like the city of St. Louis - I just enjoy irony).

So that makes my preferred opponent easy - gimme the team that I can at least take a little comfort in losing to if the worst should come to pass. The Rams...man, fuck them.
I can get behind that. I definitely hate the Rams more than I hate the Saints.
[Reply]
HemiEd 12:00 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Let me put it this way:

I have all this "fan baggage" built up from 30 years of frustration and failure. Patrick Mahomes walked up to me after the game last week and said "may I take your bags, sir?"

It feels like THAT.
It sure does, very well said. :-)
[Reply]
EyePod 12:00 PM 01-16-2019
So, my sports eagerness has ebbed and flowed over life, as many hobbies have. But the Chiefs have always been my sweet spot.

After a while, ya'll were sickening. Probably somewhere in the Matt Cassel/Pioli years is when I left.
Went over to ArrowheadPride, and it was a refreshing community - definitely more positive. But then it got to be too positive. And then it was only news and no community.

And so I've come back. Over the years, I've stopped by a few times, met up with another planet guy at the Ravens game a few years back, and overall, the same names are here. That's a cool deal.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for all the fish.
[Reply]
Best22 12:00 PM 01-16-2019
I wanted the best matchup. New England seemed like the best matchup for us, not the Chargers

And why should we be scared of New England? Good team who stinks in the road. It will be a tough game but I expect KC to win. We’re the best team in the AFC, and it’s been that way all year
[Reply]
EyePod 12:01 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If the Saints win, I could take some solace in the fact that I really like Drew Brees.

If the Rams win, I'll hope their plane crashes heading back to LA. Ideally it lands right in the Mississippi river and they all die within sight of the arch (and I don't even like the city of St. Louis - I just enjoy irony).

So that makes my preferred opponent easy - gimme the team that I can at least take a little comfort in losing to if the worst should come to pass. The Rams...man, **** them.
A sunsetting Drew Brees is like the best possible Alex Smith. This is eye opening.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:06 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by wazu:
Anytime I’m at a gathering with CPers it’s noticeable that the Chiefs or even general NFL discussion is on another level.

In most of my life it feels like when I’m talking Chiefs I am trying more to keep it surface, politely nod at primitive or bad takes.

But it’s sometimes really refreshing to talk Chiefs with others who are weird like me.

[Reply]
wazu 12:33 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

I love that he’s holding a French horn. French horn players think they’re such hot shit.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:35 PM 01-16-2019
They’re the crowd cheering the Fisher pick.

CP is the guy with his arms crossed.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:38 PM 01-16-2019
:-)

I love that he’s holding a French horn. French horn players think they’re such hot shit.
Well, it is French
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:41 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by EyePod:
A sunsetting Drew Brees is like the best possible Alex Smith. This is eye opening.
A sunsetting Tom Brady looks like a less mobile Alex Smith.

Bill Belichick is a goddamn wizard, man. I'm just in awe of his ability to have that team ready regardless of what they run up against. The talent matchup here truly isn't close but BB alone could easily give us a fight.

And Reid is one of the 10 best NFL coaches of all time, IMO, and I'm STILL worried about BB de-pantsing him. That's how ridiculously good Belichick is.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:41 PM 01-16-2019
But it’s sometimes really refreshing to talk Chiefs with others who are weird like me.
Hence why I always invite Clay. No one makes me feel so...normal. :-)
[Reply]
Jimkcchief88 12:43 PM 01-16-2019
To be the best you have to beat the best so at some point we had to see the Pats. If we ain’t scared the players have to itching to avenge the close loss to the Pats earlier this season. Then I want the Scrams for the Lombardi trouphy and governors cup. Is there still a cup now that the Rams are in DC?
[Reply]
bobbything 12:44 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by The Pest:
I can get behind that. I definitely hate the Rams more than I hate the Saints.
I like Goff but can't stand the rest of that team. There's something about McVay. I don't trust anyone who meticulously maintains a beard to the level that he does.
[Reply]
Valiant 01:07 PM 01-16-2019
The best 4 teams are playing. I want the team to get revenge and destroy the pats in our house.

Time to show the world.
Last week, curse broke.
This week, let's change the guard of the AFC.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:10 PM 01-16-2019
In 1993 when KC had to play Buffalo in Buffalo in brutal cold, the Bills knocked the day living shit out of a geriatric Joe Montana. Once he was out of the game, they cruised. Just sayin'....not a bad strategy on a old QB in frigid weather.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up