ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The D, nine points in the last two games
HemiEd 06:09 PM 01-15-2019
Deon Sanders just totally dissed the Chiefs d on the NFL network. Clearly proving, he has been lazy and not kept up.

We have seen this numerous times this season like the reference to Derrick Johnson by old whats his name.

The lady moderator tried to bring up recent performance but she said the d gave up 13 to the Colts.

Anyway, the special teams gave up 7, so that 6 on the D for 9 total in the last two games.

How do you feel about the progress of the Defense and what has enabled it?

:-)
[Reply]
Rausch 02:38 AM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
We're just not used to seeing Dee Ford and Justin Houston healthy at the same time, Chris jones lost a bunch of weight off season and became an athletic monster. We brought in new pieces to start the year and now they are understanding their roles. Sorenson is back to game speed and I would bet Berry shows up now. The stars have aligned.
If we win this week Berry will have another 2 weeks to get healthy for the SB. You can bet your ass he'll play in that one...
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 05:28 AM 01-16-2019
If the D keeps up their recent play we're pretty much unstoppable IMO

Sent from my ZTE Axon 7 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:07 AM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Does the Raiders game count?

Those guys were checked out already....
Actually it was their last game of the season and players were auditioning for their jobs next year with Gruden. They should have been loose and relaxed.

NFL players are Pros so I seriously doubt if they were "checked out already."
[Reply]
Aspengc8 07:38 AM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
fewer missed tackles and blown coverages are the two biggest reasons
FYP

It's been a nice combination of better gap integrity, players being where they are supposed to not missing tackles. Nothing else has changed, the players are showing up now. Yeah, Scandrick and Parker out of the lineup helps, as well as LESS defensive holding & PI calls.
[Reply]
old_geezer 08:33 AM 01-16-2019
I was watching an interview with Andy Reid yesterday and he was gushing about how great of a defensive scheme Sutton had devised for the Colts. Be prepared for another year of Sutton as DC. :-)
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:02 AM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Does the Raiders game count?

Those guys were checked out already....
Does the Colts game count? I mean, they were only one of the hottest teams entering the Playoffs and apparently had an OL that was impenetrable........yeah
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:19 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
I was watching an interview with Andy Reid yesterday and he was gushing about how great of a defensive scheme Sutton had devised for the Colts. Be prepared for another year of Sutton as DC. :-)
If his defense plays like they did against the Colts for the next two games I'm ok with that. I guess. :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:21 PM 01-16-2019
Is this the first time we've ever had 100% Houston for the playoffs?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 02:23 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
If his defense plays like they did against the Colts for the next two games I'm ok with that. I guess. :-)
Win the superbowl and I don't care what they do.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:24 PM 01-16-2019
I feel...hungry?
[Reply]
kysirsoze 02:25 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
If we win the Superbowl he can hire Greg Robinson back for all I care.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:29 PM 01-16-2019
Tackling has been a big difference these guys are making tackles that 4 weeks ago weren't.

Also Justin Houston is beasting needs quarterback flesh to feed him. Flesh for the beast.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:30 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Win the superbowl and I don't care what they do.
While I am of the same mind, he's not coming back. He's going to retire.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:31 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Tackling has been a big difference these guys are making tackles that 4 weeks ago weren't.

Also Justin Houston is beasting needs quarterback flesh to feed him. Flesh for the beast.
Justin Houston has nearly 70% of his sacks since the beginning of December. He's playing his best football right freaking now.

And as good as he's played most of the year, so is Chris Jones.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:39 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Justin Houston has nearly 70% of his sacks since the beginning of December. He's playing his best football right freaking now.

And as good as he's played most of the year, so is Chris Jones.
That's why i've been preaching Houston is a beast. He is hungry for quarterback flesh. Tom Brady is the next meal.

Jordan Lucas is playing good i give him kudos for putting in work and playing good. Something to be said about developing our young players.

Chris Jones dick is going be down Tom Brady throat.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up