ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mahomes' NFL comparison.
Direckshun 10:22 AM 03-10-2017
Tribusky reminds me of Pennington/Alex Smith.
Kizer reminds of me Josh Freeman.
Watson reminds me of Russell Wilson.

Mahomes is tougher...

I think Mahomes' floor is Geno Smith. Anybody have a good comparison for what his ceiling is?
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 10:50 AM 03-18-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I tend to agree. Not worth a 1st with the talent that should be available. Mahomes is 1-2 years away from competing for a starting job. Lots to like about him, but his penchant to bail the pocket and air-raid background turns me off.

Every one of these top 4 qb prospects this year are so double-edged sword.....
Of the 4, I think Trubs is the only guy that is worth a top 20 pick. Only real issue for him is the short resume.

Still guessing 3 get selected first rd.. and Mahomes is not one of them.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:59 AM 03-18-2017
The Dark Peniight
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:29 PM 03-31-2017
https://youtu.be/OX22m9txxUM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:41 PM 03-31-2017
I'm curious. If we didn't take Mahomes in the first, would we have a chance to trade-up for him in the 2nd?
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:15 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I'm curious. If we didn't take Mahomes in the first, would we have a chance to trade-up for him in the 2nd?

The dude is going to be drafted before we get a chance at him at 27.

If we really want him, we have to trade up in the 1st
[Reply]
kccrow 01:22 PM 04-02-2017
All I know is that the QB grades are all over the board. Several teams rumored to be looking at some of these guys that pick in the top 13 could very well be looking at them at the top of round 2/trade up into end of round 1 as well. Basically we have no idea. Scouts all seem to think that most of these guys aren't going top 15.

We'll have to see. If I had to guess a sequence of earliest QB picks, it's Trubisky at 6 to the Jets, Watson at 12 to the Browns, Kizer at 13 to the Cards, Mahomes at 23 to the Giants, and Webb at 25 to the Texans.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:23 PM 04-02-2017
There's no way that many teams are passing on the top end defensive talent to draft these kinds of QBs.

There's a better chance of only 1 or 2 going in the first than 5.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 05:12 PM 04-02-2017
A contrarian's take on Mahomes and the hype he has been garnering. Don't shoot the messenger:

http://presnapreads.com/2017/04/02/p...ure-of-upside/
[Reply]
-King- 08:13 PM 04-02-2017
A contrarian's take on Mahomes and the hype he has been garnering. Don't shoot the messenger:

I agree 100% with this.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 11:02 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
There's no way that many teams are passing on the top end defensive talent to draft these kinds of QBs.

There's a better chance of only 1 or 2 going in the first than 5.
Logical minds would agree with you but, you know people like blaine gabbert, johnny football, jake locker et cetera, prove that GMs will fuck up their franchise to try to save their own skin
[Reply]
Coogs 05:08 AM 04-03-2017

There surely is some tape of him making good fundamental throws out there too. No way he throws for that many yards and TD's, and is mentioned as a top prospect if all of his throws/decisions are like these 7 or 8 examples.
[Reply]
-King- 01:44 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
There surely is some tape of him making good fundamental throws out there too. No way he throws for that many yards and TD's, and is mentioned as a top prospect if all of his throws/decisions are like these 7 or 8 examples.
Watch his Oklahoma tape. 88 attempts and you can count on two hands the number of times he actually sets his feet and steps into a throw.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Coogs 02:16 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
Watch his Oklahoma tape. 88 attempts and you can count on two hands the number of times he actually sets his feet and steps into a throw.
Posted via Mobile Device
734 yards with 5 TD's and 1 INT. Even with 10 or less, sets his feet and steps into his throws, he had to be doing something right.
[Reply]
-King- 06:21 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
734 yards with 5 TD's and 1 INT. Even with 10 or less, sets his feet and steps into his throws, he had to be doing something right.
Yeah he had 88 attempts and played big 12 defenses. That's what he did right.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
buddha 03:20 PM 04-04-2017
Mahomes is a black QB so he compares to Geno Smith?

I don't think he compares to Geno at all. His arm strength and ability to throw on the move is much better. He is still very raw, but I could see him being ready in two years.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up