ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 44
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:21 AM 03-10-2017
unless after next season alex throws for 4500 yards and they sign him to an extension. at that point kc is fucked. :-)
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 05:03 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
i actually have no doubt they will draft a qb that falls to them, or move up a few spots like denver did last year for lynch.
they will not wait till round 3 for alex's replacement. :-)
I'm sure he WANTS to draft a QB. However, I have no faith in him to successfully play the draft game and land the guy we want. I'm expecting someone to jump in front of us or something else to go wrong.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 05:14 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
I wouldn't get too worked up for a QB in the 1st people
I think it's next year.
You are just gonna piss yourselves off and we will have another Geno Smith situation.
It's not fun.
Even next year we likely won't be in position for the top guys and we'll be desperate because we absolutely HAVE to get a guy next year. I'd rather Dorsey not put us in a desperate situation, because inevitably he will get outplayed trying to maneuver in the draft.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:49 AM 03-10-2017
Music to my ears but next years prospects are better. Unless Dorsey is in love with one I don't think he'll do it. Watson won't happen, he'll be gone but Mahones could happen and he's got that certain something I like. He stays alive and makes plays Big Ben style.
[Reply]
ILChief 06:26 AM 03-10-2017
I'm trying not to get my hopes up. There is definitely more smoke about us drafting a qb than I can remember. Worried we are gonna draft a DL to replace pie. I want qb and RB in rounds 1 and 2. We have ignored skill positions early in the draft for far too long
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:20 AM 03-10-2017
Its a good year for a trade up the only real starting job up for grabs on either side of the ball is ILB and CB2 and we have decent depth in many areas.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:13 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
If the Chiefs think there is a franchise QB in this draft, they must pay the piper and go get them. It makes or breaks you.
I'll take break me for $1,000, Alex
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:26 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
they will not wait till round 3 for alex's replacement. :-)
Why not? Surely, even a day 3 QB pick (much less rd 3) would outperform Smith and his 15 TDs.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:32 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its a good year for a trade up the only real starting job up for grabs on either side of the ball is ILB and CB2 and we have decent depth in many areas.
What's the status on Mauga? As much as we like to complain about him being not very athletic, he is much more solid than the backups that had to play last year.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:32 AM 03-10-2017
I think this year is the best chance we have had to draft a QB high. The Alex situation and the fact that the Chiefs are playoff contenders they are going to have to trade up to get a high pick to get a QB. Dorsey isn't planning on going 2-14 next year. They are nearing the end of the AS era and they know it. So the pressure to get the next QB is there more than ever. I think they are aware that this is the best time since we got AS for two more years. It would be good to get a guy now to learn before he's push out on the field. I think it's likely guys. I feel it.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:36 AM 03-10-2017
I think there is so much buzz around the Chiefs and a QB for several reasons but the main one is that it just makes so much sense. If the Chiefs don't it's because they really just are incompetent or they just really don't like anyone in this draft.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:37 AM 03-10-2017
Trade with TN for the 18th pick, puts us ahead of Houston & Denver and take the best QB on the board. Let him sit for a season, sell a million jerseys, let him start in 2018, rule the world.
[Reply]
wazu 08:40 AM 03-10-2017
Stop doing this to yourselves. Alex will be the starter in 2018. Abandon hope. Focus on other things in your life that are actually worth your energy.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:44 AM 03-10-2017
^ that
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:45 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Trade with TN for the 18th pick, puts us ahead of Houston & Denver and take the best QB on the board. Let him sit for a season, sell a million jerseys, let him start in 2018, rule the world.
YES! Profit!!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 44
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up