ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Clark Hunt pictured with Patrick Mahomes and agent in Houston...
pugsnotdrugs19 11:41 AM 02-05-2017

Here’s a picture of Chiefs owner Clark Hunt and a (possible) first round QB https://t.co/tPzyaSuFfQ

— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) February 5, 2017

Could mean something, could mean nothing, but it sure looks good from where I'm sitting...
[Reply]
Black Bob 04:25 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Vince Young had a big national championship performance too....

I'm not letting one game gloss over the issues that Watson has. He could overcome them, but I'd be skeptical to say the least if the Chiefs take him.
Watson is a leader. He's lead a ton of comebacks. Vince you did the same in the championship but, he also did terrible on the wonderlick for example. Didn't he score a six?

Watson graduated High a School and College early. There are so many differences man. They aren't the same player. Maybe physically? But mentally? I compare Watson to Russell Wilson.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:54 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
Watson is a leader. He's lead a ton of comebacks. Vince you did the same in the championship but, he also did terrible on the wonderlick for example. Didn't he score a six?

Watson graduated High a School and College early. There are so many differences man. They aren't the same player. Maybe physically? But mentally? I compare Watson to Russell Wilson.
Watson's ceiling IMO is Mariota. A lot of similarities there. If he falls in the right system and is surrounded with the right pieces, I think he could be that type of QB.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:57 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Spit on it before you polish it boys.

Save some for Alex as he leads the CHIEFS next year...
...to a season devoid of a playoff appearance.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:00 PM 02-05-2017
Watson's ceiling IMO is Mariota. A lot of similarities there. If he falls in the right system and is surrounded with the right pieces, I think he could be that type of QB.
I'm more than happy to take a guy with the poise and guts to win and coach him up, then a talented guy who's average in the clutch. I agree on the Mariota comparison. But I think Watson brings in a 4Q mentality that Mariota didn't (Mariota, on the other hand, was more NFL ready).

The Chiefs' system would be great for him. Reid took two freelancers, Vick and McNabb, and made the system work for them. He can do it for Watson. And having Alex Smith under contract for only 1-2 more years is ideal because it gives time to develop.

I'm cool with either Watson or Mahomes. But I just see an "it" factor in Watson that can't be coached. The guy is fearless in the 4Q.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:05 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I'm more than happy to take a guy with the poise and guts to win and coach him up, then a talented guy who's average in the clutch. I agree on the Mariota comparison. But I think Watson brings in a 4Q mentality that Mariota didn't (Mariota, on the other hand, was more NFL ready).

The Chiefs' system would be great for him. Reid took two freelancers, Vick and McNabb, and made the system work for them. He can do it for Watson. And having Alex Smith under contract for only 1-2 more years is ideal because it gives time to develop.

I'm cool with either Watson or Mahomes. But I just see an "it" factor in Watson that can't be coached. The guy is fearless in the 4Q.
Talk about a 180 turn. Might be worth watching on a weekly basis.
[Reply]
hometeam 05:07 PM 02-05-2017
The majority of NFL personnel people have 3rd round grades on Watson, and 2nd round grades on Mahomes. He's the better prospect imo.
Source?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:29 PM 02-05-2017
I would be happy with ANY of the current prospects.

That said, I like Mahomes and Trubiski the best out of this year's offerings, with Chad Kelly as a UDFA option as Bray was.
[Reply]
threebag 05:57 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
...to a season devoid of a playoff appearance.
I will take that bet.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:08 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
I will take that bet.
My CP betting ended with sending RNR off to the Land of Forgotten Shame.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:13 PM 02-05-2017
Someone should let that Mahommes kid that the Chiefs don't draft QBS
to actually ever play. Just in case he wasn't already awar
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:35 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Talk about a 180 turn. Might be worth watching on a weekly basis.
All you need to do is put together a few good games at the end of the season. Eli is a normal regular season QB, but was a killer in 2 playoff runs in the 4Q. Maybe he doesn't shine until games become critically important. I just look at back to back years where his 4Q performance wasn't just good, it was off the charts in the biggest game of the season.
[Reply]
Go Royals 07:45 PM 02-05-2017
Someone photoshop this to have Clark holding a Chiefs jersey for Mahomes
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:06 PM 02-05-2017
Yes please make this happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Dayze 08:06 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by Go Royals:
Someone photoshop this to have Clark holding a Chiefs jersey for Mahomes
Or, holding a participation award.