ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 37
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
Saccopoo 06:34 PM 10-20-2014
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
Update on Diggs.

Not very high on Diggs.
You might not be, but he absolutely fits with what both Reid and Dorsey look for in a receiver. To a "T."
[Reply]
kccrow 08:24 PM 10-20-2014
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
You might not be, but he absolutely fits with what both Reid and Dorsey look for in a receiver. To a "T."

I think you're crazy... You'll be all over his ass when he runs in the 4.3's at the Combine. :-) Kid is a playmaker, absolute dynamite in space (ala Jamaal Charles), and makes some very tough grabs even in traffic.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 08:44 PM 10-20-2014
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I think you're crazy... You'll be all over his ass when he runs in the 4.3's at the Combine. :-) Kid is a playmaker, absolute dynamite in space (ala Jamaal Charles), and makes some very tough grabs even in traffic.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285132
[Reply]
kccrow 09:01 PM 10-20-2014
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285132
You did a 2015 mock in July? Pass that shit. :-)

I'm prepped to put Diggs in the #1 slot too.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 09:49 AM 10-26-2014
Cooper laid waste yesterday

Originally Posted by :
Alabama's Amari Cooper goes out every week and shows his explosive playmaking ability. It's no surprise that he took his production to a record-breaking level Saturday at Tennessee, racking up 224 yards to surpass Julio Jones' mark for most single-game receiving yards by a Crimson Tide receiver.

He's able to find an extra gear, as he showed on his first catch of the game, going 80 yards for a touchdown. At 6-foot-1, he doesn't have the height of A.J. Green or Jordy Nelson, but Cooper's smoothness reminds me of Green's, and I've said before that Cooper's route-running reminds me of Nelson's.

The wide receivers that have been the most consistent and dominant this season are Cooper and West Virginia's Kevin White, who was held to less than 100 yards for the first time this season Saturday (3 catches for 27 yards and a TD). It seems like they're the top contenders for the Biletnikoff Award, given annually to college football's top wide receiver, and Cooper might have taken the lead Saturday.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...on-of-aj-green
[Reply]
OldSchool 07:48 PM 10-30-2014
Seeing Parker play against Florida States' tremendous DBs, there is no way that he isn't going to go in the top 15 in the draft. Way too much physical potential coupled with dominant production on the field.
[Reply]
OldSchool 07:58 PM 10-30-2014
That said, our best bet is now Kevin White and Jaelen Strong.

Sammie Coates, even if he tests well, may also be a possibility because of how raw he is. He'll probably slip like Patterson did in the draft.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:21 PM 10-30-2014
That said, our best bet is now Kevin White and Jaelen Strong.
:-)
[Reply]
OldSchool 03:00 AM 10-31-2014
Originally Posted by :
Louisville senior WR DeVante Parker had eight receptions for 214 yards in Thursday's 42-31 loss to Florida State.
Excuse NFL scouts for salivating. Against a talented secondary featuring potential first-round CB P.J. Williams, Parker thrived, averaging 26.8 yards per catch (including a 71-yard reception). He missed the first seven games of the season with a broken foot, but has made up for lost time immediately, hauling in 17 receptions for 346 yards (he had 55 receptions for 885 yards and a UL-record-tying 12 touchdowns last year). Boasting a 4.39 forty, a 10-foot, 10-inch broad jump, an 80-inch wingspan, and a ridiculous catch radius, the 6-foot-3, 208-pound Parker is a future first-rounder. Rotoworld ranks Parker as the No. 2 draft-eligible receiver, behind Oklahoma's Dorial Green-Beckham.
Oct 30 - 11:43 PM
Holy hell, that's crazy good production against two likely top 50 picks in the 2015 draft in Darby and Williams.

Even though he was out for most of the year, Parker could potentially leapfrog Cooper to be the first WR taken in the draft. He has superior measurables and is a bigger threat in the redzone while still possessing dominant deep ball ability and is also great in the open field. He is also better at making contested catches due to his physical dominance.
[Reply]
OldSchool 03:34 AM 10-31-2014
These poor DBs had absolutely no chance, just like we have nochance of getting Parker because he had to play so well once he got back healthy.

[Reply]
RunKC 08:45 AM 10-31-2014
610 just said Dorsey was at the Louisville/FSU game last night.

Lots of players to look at
[Reply]
OldSchool 02:07 PM 10-31-2014
Would you trade up for Parker? Dorsey was probably there for the Parker and Williams matchup.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:58 PM 10-31-2014
Would you trade up for Parker? Dorsey was probably there for the Parker and Williams matchup.
I'd trade up quite high for Parker, absolutely.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 09:51 AM 11-01-2014
Originally Posted by :
Arizona State redshirt junior WR Jaelen Strong's contributions led to two key touchdowns against Washington on Saturday, wrote CBS Sports' Rob Rang.
Strong's matchup against Huskies' CB Marcus Peters will be broken down by scouts all the way up until the spring draft. "The 6-foot-4, 212 pound redshirt junior sparked ASU's scoring with a 16-yard touchdown in front of Peters in the second quarter," Rang wrote. "Though it didn't get his teams points directly, Strong's fourth quarter catch on a deep post also proved critical. For a player with his lanky build, Strong showed very impressive balance and quickness to shake Peters for 23 yards on the route, setting up the Sun Devils' game-winning score."

It has been reported that Strong will declare for the spring draft. Oct 26 - 9:56 PM
rotoworld

[Reply]
RunKC 11:45 AM 11-01-2014
Owen Daniels and Jarrett Boykin in FA and La'El Collins to solidify the OL rd 1 and rashad greene in rd 2 for a nice receiving threat.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 37
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up