ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Need Recommendations on a new Tablet...
Mr_Tomahawk 07:10 PM 01-16-2019
I am in need of a new tablet for the occasional field work I do for my employer. I say new because I have had a bad string of luck with refurbished desktops/notebooks in the past.

This doesn’t need to be the Ferrari of tablets....I basically just need to be able run OneNote and use a stylus on it...anything else is just extra. I also would like something smaller than a sheet a paper (less than an 8.5x11 screen).

So for all you tech heads out there...what are some economical options.

Fuck the Patriots.

Xoxo,
Tomahawk
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 06:28 PM 01-31-2019
Still haven’t found anything (less than $200)...
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 06:44 PM 01-31-2019
Anyone with an iPad mini 4?

This really isn’t under my $200 budget....but I just may have to carry a stylus around too.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:13 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Anyone with an iPad mini 4?

This really isn’t under my $200 budget....but I just may have to carry a stylus around too.
Just make sure to get a version that is updatable. I bought a cheapy reman ipad mini for my daughter and it was old enough it wouldn't update IOS and several apps wouldn't load because IOS was not up to date.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 07:35 PM 01-31-2019
What is the difference between the Microsoft Surface Pro and Microsoft Surface Go?
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:52 PM 01-31-2019
Cuneiform tablets are the most collectible.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 07:54 PM 01-31-2019
Kinda narrowed down to a mini 4 or surface go....

Colleague just got the new iPad Pro. He is going to show me it tomorrow. That’ll probably send me over the edge...
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:22 PM 01-31-2019
What is the difference between the Microsoft Surface Pro and Microsoft Surface Go?
Go is smaller and cheaper. Basically laptop vs chromebook.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:23 PM 01-31-2019
Kinda narrowed down to a mini 4 or surface go....

Colleague just got the new iPad Pro. He is going to show me it tomorrow. That’ll probably send me over the edge...
I have a Surface Pro 4 and an iPad Pro. As a tablet, I much prefer the iPad.

I'd like the Surface Pro a lot more if it didn't run Windows but if you want that kind of thing, the Surface Pro runs full blown Windows 10, it's a laptop in a tablet's body.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 10:46 PM 02-04-2019
So the conclusion....for now.

One of our project managers “retired” a month or so ago. All our project managers use surface pros for the most part. Well I was talking to our IT person about my interest in having a tablet of sorts for the field. He paused and then went over to a pile of electronic parts sitting on a table and pulled out the retired PM’s surface and said “just use this, it’s just collecting dust.”

I purchased a stylus...but expensed it.

It’s shows some wear from the previous user, but free is free!

Hoping this does the trick.

Oh and my colleagues IPad Pro is damn nice too!
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:51 PM 02-04-2019
They make gorilla glass screen protectors. Probably be a good investment.

And get a case. I linked one earlier in the thread.
[Reply]
Inspector 10:56 PM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
What, no love for this tablet?

This is what I have.

With one of those big fat pencils.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 10:51 AM 02-05-2019
So the conclusion....for now.

One of our project managers “retired” a month or so ago. All our project managers use surface pros for the most part. Well I was talking to our IT person about my interest in having a tablet of sorts for the field. He paused and then went over to a pile of electronic parts sitting on a table and pulled out the retired PM’s surface and said “just use this, it’s just collecting dust.”

I purchased a stylus...but expensed it.

It’s shows some wear from the previous user, but free is free!

Hoping this does the trick.

Oh and my colleagues IPad Pro is damn nice too!
Excellent conclusion to the dilemma.
Definitely get a case for it, because if the glass cracks on that bad boy, you are screwed.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up