ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Taking an Offensive Player in Round 1
kccrow 03:52 PM 01-08-2019
What would be your thoughts if the Chiefs passed on taking a defensive player in round 1?

What would be your prerequisite offseason prior to the draft to make this okay with you? Is it sign a DB? Etc.

I've been toying with the idea a bit. My thoughts were sign a CB in FA then use the 1st round pick to get an OG like Lidstrom or a WR like Campbell.

I've also had the idea bouncing in my head about the what if scenario of a good TE falling to KC in round 2, such as San Jose State's Josh Oliver. Feel free to comment on that as well.
[Reply]
Chargem 12:18 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The issue with the 2nds is that they're going to be at the absolute back ass end of the 2nd. It's not as if they have one of them at the top of the round, which would be nice.

I wonder if one of those 2nds could be turned into the next Mitch Morse, if they've decided to move on from him. That's usually a nice sweet spot to find some nice OL.

They need an ILB with Ragland being a free agent, if he would stay for reasonable price I'd keep him. He's not great but I can't think they were as bad as they showed thru this season right?
I wouldn't mind a center in the 2nd if it falls that way, especially if the 1st goes on defense.

Also, Reggie is not a free agent. He's locked in next year for $1.2m cap hit.

Originally Posted by O.city:
One area I think the Chiefs need to dip their toe is the pick swap for a player. Seems to be some market inefficiency there
I'm not sure about that. I think there are some good deals to be had on swapping picks for players but it normally leads to landing guys with higher cap hits, I'm not sure the Chiefs can play that game with their cap situation.
[Reply]
O.city 12:23 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I wouldn't mind a center in the 2nd if it falls that way, especially if the 1st goes on defense.

Also, Reggie is not a free agent. He's locked in next year for $1.2m cap hit.

I'm not sure about that. I think there are some good deals to be had on swapping picks for players but it normally leads to landing guys with higher cap hits, I'm not sure the Chiefs can play that game with their cap situation.
Not necessarily for high profile players.

Look at what the Pats did to get their current LT. Drop a few spots in say the 5th round.

That's something the Chiefs could look at on draft day.
[Reply]
Bump 06:30 PM 01-15-2019
depends on whats available. If there is some stud WR or lineman and all of the defensive backs would be considered reaches, go for the stud. I'd rather not reach in the first couple of rounds TBH.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up