ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 52
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Chief TE Travis Kelce
TribalElder 06:43 PM 04-26-2013
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...lce?id=2540258

OVERVIEW
In high school, Kelce was a three sport star, but his best sport was always football. He was a three-year letter winner at quarterback, and earned All-Lake Erie League honors after totaling 2,539 yards of total offense and 31 total touchdowns as a senior. Kelce’s uncle Don Blalock played football at Purdue and grandfather Don Blalock played football at Ohio. Travis is the younger brother of former Cincinnati Bearcats and current Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce.

In his first year on campus, Travis redshirted. In his redshirt freshman year, Kelce participated in 11 games as the tight end. He caught one pass for three yards. Kelce also played some quarterback, strictly in a Wildcat role. He logged eight carries for 47 yards and two touchdowns. Kelce did not play in 2010, as he was suspended for a violation of team rules. Upon his return in 2011, Kelce caught 13 passes for 150 yards and two touchdowns. In his senior season, Kelce put himself on the NFL prospect map, as he caught 45 passes for 722 yards and eight touchdowns. He was selected to the All-Big East first team for his play.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Kelce has an ideal tight end frame. Athletic for his size, with great strength, and the ability to stretch the field vertically. Very physical run blocker, generates power from the lower half, and will move defenders off the ball. Plays with leverage. Wide catching radius, can adjust and make the difficult catch. Tough to bring down after the catch. Light feet, and has lined up in numerous different positions.
WEAKNESSES Suspended for an entire season for violating team rules. Only one season of production. Doesn't have blazing speed. Not a tremendously explosive athlete. Doesn't come out of his breaks all that well.
NFL COMPARISON Rob Gronkowski
BOTTOM LINE Kelce has been a tremendous run blocker throughout his career for the Bearcats, but really elevated his game as a receiver in his senior season. He isn't a tremendous athlete, but he does a lot of things very well. It's a deep tight end class, but Kelce's play suggests that he should be highly sought after.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:17 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
What a shameful thread. :-)
This may be the worst post in the history of Chiefsplanet

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
He's a functioning alcoholic, so about that bad.

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:21 AM 01-22-2024
Kelce looked like he got 10 years younger yesterday . I don’t know what they did to him but keep doing it!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:08 PM 01-22-2024
seven catches Sunday to pass Jerry Rice as the all-time leader in postseason receiving
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 12:09 PM 01-22-2024
LOL...this was a good read
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:24 PM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Kelce had 7 catches for 71 yards on 10 targets.

2 bad drops. 1 drop/miscommunication with Mahomes on the first play of the game.

Kelce catches those passes that we expect him (or anyone really) to catch, and he has an incredible game. Probably 9 for 100+ with maybe a TD.

That’s vintage Kelce. It’s happening next week.
Boom. I fucking nailed that one.
[Reply]
FringeNC 12:30 PM 01-22-2024
Hope not.

Michele Tafoya's Sources Have Her Expecting Travis Kelce To Retire This Offseason https://t.co/9eK8ZFy4y0 pic.twitter.com/C1LSxt2K4J

— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) January 22, 2024

[Reply]
Smed1065 12:43 PM 01-22-2024
Wow more idiots than me.:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:46 PM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Hope not.

He's already said that he's not.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:53 PM 01-22-2024

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:55 PM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Hope not.

If you believe something/anything posted by the idiots at barstool, that's on you.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 05:19 PM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
I didn’t get past reading the first two pages at the beginning of this thread and the comments are Gold! lol
This thread is absolutely gold if you start from the beginning. I mean it's full of some of the hottest takes in the history of Chiefs Planet.

With all of that - the reason that Travis looks like he reverse aged IMO is simply the knee injury he sustained at the start of the season. And that he decided to push through it the rest of the year. Once he was able to basically rest for around 2 weeks or so, it got better.

The last two games he's looked just like his old self. He's not slowing down.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:33 PM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
This thread is absolutely gold if you start from the beginning. I mean it's full of some of the hottest takes in the history of Chiefs Planet.

With all of that - the reason that Travis looks like he reverse aged IMO is simply the knee injury he sustained at the start of the season. And that he decided to push through it the rest of the year. Once he was able to basically rest for around 2 weeks or so, it got better.

The last two games he's looked just like his old self. He's not slowing down.
I don't think the average fan has ANY idea what a single NFL game does to the human body. NOBODY out there is "healthy" and injuries can have profound effects.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 06:20 PM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I don't think the average fan has ANY idea what a single NFL game does to the human body. NOBODY out there is "healthy" and injuries can have profound effects.
John Welbourn is one of my best friends, and he's had me on his podcast many times. I've actually gotten him to go into this a lot, but basically by the end of the season you're just walking hamburger meat.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 06:54 PM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Tony G played another 5 years on strength and guile.
that's not it entirely. TG extended his career by switching to a vegan diet.
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 09:40 PM 01-22-2024
Mahomes/Kelce surpassed Brady/Gronk for TDs in playoff games with 16, but I didn't hear that they did it in SIX LESS GAMES! Brady/Gronk couldn't put up as many given 360 minutes more of football together. Crazy.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 52
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Up