ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Observations from my easy chair.
oldman 05:08 AM 10-03-2022
OL (minus Brown) were money last night and it showed with CEH's 92 on the ground and Pacheco adding another 63. Only 1 trick play was needed to score and that was due to the interior 3 owning the Bucs line. A little Martyball is a good thing.

The zebras let the players determine the outcome of the game. We got away with a couple. Clark was clearly in the neutral zone when the Bucs were called for too many guys on the field and Jones might have been called for roughing the passer. Tommyboy was chirping all night long but didn't get a favor. Did anyone notice if he committed battery on a defenseless Ipad?

CEH's TD reception will surely make the highlight reels this week. Just Patrick being Patrick.

The only thing I can bitch about was the unnecessary INT in the 4th. It was 3rd and 5 and PMII either missed or ignored a wide open McKinnon in the left flat. That would have kept the drive alive and we wouldn't have had to listen to Collinsworth yapping about Brady.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:00 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
MVS has a couple of drops but he also had a couple of stellar catches last night too. Given his contract, it's highly unlikely they let him go after this season.
We'll see. He had one go through his arms in the endzone and dropped one that hit him right in the numbers in the RZ. Kelce's reaction to the RZ drop was interesting.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:01 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
We'll see. He had one go through his arms in the endzone and dropped one that hit him right in the numbers in the RZ. Kelce's reaction to the RZ drop was interesting.
The one in the end zone was touched by TWO different defenders. He could have still caught it but I'm not putting that on him when both the LB and DB got a hand on it in flight.

The other drop was just a tough break.

If you're going to ding him for those, you have to acknowledge that the long play in the first half was an impressive stab at the ball to bring it in.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:03 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
What we saw last night is exactly who this guy is. He's going to get open downfield and make plays, and he's going to drop balls that make you say WTF. With that contract, you just accept that "it is what it is" and move on.
If you keep him year 2, you keep him year 3. Only real out is this next year.

Just need to let the season play out.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:05 AM 10-03-2022
The one in the end zone was touched by TWO different defenders. He could have still caught it but I'm not putting that on him when both the LB and DB got a hand on it in flight.

The other drop was just a tough break.

If you're going to ding him for those, you have to acknowledge that the long play in the first half was an impressive stab at the ball to bring it in.
IIRC it was one, who barely had any effect on the ball. And it went through MVS's hands and arms. Just need to own it.

Tough break or not. You have to make those catches that hit you in the numbers.

Very impressive. Wish they would have him and wish he could stretch the sideline like that more.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:33 AM 10-03-2022
IIRC it was one, who barely had any effect on the ball. And it went through MVS's hands and arms. Just need to own it.

Tough break or not. You have to make those catches that hit you in the numbers.

Very impressive. Wish they would have him and wish he could stretch the sideline like that more.
It actually was tipped by two defenders. The first slightly broke the spiral en route, and the second was right in front of MVS. A tip right in front of you is really hard to catch since you have almost no time to react. So I don't blame him for that one.

The other drop was horrific, but I'll hope it was a learning experience.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:48 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It actually was tipped by two defenders. The first slightly broke the spiral en route, and the second was right in front of MVS. A tip right in front of you is really hard to catch since you have almost no time to react. So I don't blame him for that one.

The other drop was horrific, but I'll hope it was a learning experience.
I'll have to go back to look to verify myself, but I was certain it went through one set of hands and then hit MVS right in the bread basket. It was an unfortunate drop, one I bet MVS wishes he had back as well.

The second drop even Andy was visibly upset. Which is a rarity. He better learn from it. The whole thing was weird. Kelce was upset. Mahomes had to pull him off the field. Who knows what was going on there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:50 AM 10-03-2022
I'll have to go back to look to verify myself, but I was certain it went through one set of hands and then hit MVS right in the bread basket. It was unfortunate drop, one I bet MVS wishes he had back as well.

The second drop even Andy was visibly upset. Which is a rarity. He better learn from it. The whole thing was weird. Kelce was upset. Mahomes had to pull him off the field.
He had one bad drop. I'm simply not going to get on him about dropping a pass that two defenders touched before it got to him.

He had two really nice grabs that could have easily been incomplete.

I don't know, feels like we're picking nits here.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:53 AM 10-03-2022
He had one bad drop. I'm simply not going to get on him about dropping a pass that two defenders touched before it got to him.

He had two really nice grabs that could have easily been incomplete.

I don't know, feels like we're picking nits here.

I'm not getting on him. Mistakes will need to be addressed and cleaned up. That's it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:56 AM 10-03-2022
I'm not getting on him. Mistakes will need to be addressed and cleaned up. That's it.
Why you picking on him, though? Justin Watson had a similar drop. CEH had the most egregious drop of the season, let alone last night's game.

I mean, why single out MVS when he was actually really good last night?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:07 AM 10-03-2022
Why you picking on him, though? Justin Watson had a similar drop. CEH had the most egregious drop of the season, let alone last night's game.

I mean, why single out MVS when he was actually really good last night?
If I was picking on him I would highlight the penalty he had as well. But that is just being tacky.

No issue with me CEH saying he needs to make those catches. CEH needs to make those catches that hit him in the hands. Only thing I could say about it was it was a little high for mightymite, but he still needs to make that catch last night. At least he is making the catches in the end zone though.
[Reply]
notorious 10:10 AM 10-03-2022
JJSS dropping a perfectly thrown pass in the 4th quarter pissed me and Andy off pretty bad.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:13 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
The Hardman miss is concerning. To me, this is such a lack of faith in Hardman to run the correct route and be where he's supposed to be, that pre-snap, Mahomes has already decided he's not getting the ball.
Yep. That's how it seemed. He doesn't usually miss somebody that wide open.

I feel kinda bad for Hardman there. But he's got to step up and then he'll look his way more.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:15 AM 10-03-2022
At this point you have to start relegating Hardman to punt returner and more of a gadget role. Watson should get the lions share of snaps with skyy getting more and more. Hardman is just taking up space at this point. Mahomes more than anything needs guys smart enough to be in the right places and Watson can at least do that. Skyy can eventually bring that but in the meantime he brings a short yardage wiggle none of our WRs have.

I still believe we need to bring in a WR1 if we can. Doesn’t have to be too 10-15. We are an excellent offense but right now we are that close to being back to our terrifyingly awesome stage again. And the change isn’t that difficult. But our offense right now is plenty scary.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:16 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
JJSS dropping a perfectly thrown pass in the 4th quarter pissed me and Andy off pretty bad.
I think you are thinking of the catch that MVS had hit him the numbers at the 5 with 10:55 left in the 4th. Other than that I don't remember Andy being pissed any other time last night.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:17 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
The Hardman miss is concerning. To me, this is such a lack of faith in Hardman to run the correct route and be where he's supposed to be, that pre-snap, Mahomes has already decided he's not getting the ball.

Hardman has been in this system way too long to be this bad at the receiver position. The guy should have been a lock for WR 1 with that speed, and time in the system.

Still, Mahomes needs to read the entire field, just for the simple fact that even a broken clock is right twice a day, and Hardman was hilariously wide open for a td.
Possible Hardman warn the wrong route and nobody was supposed to be out there .
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up