ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Observations from my easy chair.
oldman 05:08 AM 10-03-2022
OL (minus Brown) were money last night and it showed with CEH's 92 on the ground and Pacheco adding another 63. Only 1 trick play was needed to score and that was due to the interior 3 owning the Bucs line. A little Martyball is a good thing.

The zebras let the players determine the outcome of the game. We got away with a couple. Clark was clearly in the neutral zone when the Bucs were called for too many guys on the field and Jones might have been called for roughing the passer. Tommyboy was chirping all night long but didn't get a favor. Did anyone notice if he committed battery on a defenseless Ipad?

CEH's TD reception will surely make the highlight reels this week. Just Patrick being Patrick.

The only thing I can bitch about was the unnecessary INT in the 4th. It was 3rd and 5 and PMII either missed or ignored a wide open McKinnon in the left flat. That would have kept the drive alive and we wouldn't have had to listen to Collinsworth yapping about Brady.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:17 AM 10-03-2022
I thought Mahomes played with an intensity that we haven't really seen for a while. And it is infectious to the rest of the team. If that passion stays for the rest of the season, look out!
[Reply]
Monticore 06:12 AM 10-03-2022
Big takeaways from the media so far , TB o and Brady were great and the bucs D was really bad because of there difficult prep week .
[Reply]
scho63 06:32 AM 10-03-2022
Overall a great game that we needed after that egg we laid last week.

My only complaints:
-OBJ slow as hell getting into his blocks and guys are going around him at will
-Frank Clark's only "highlight" was jumping offsides
-Hardman not being used at all in offense
-Mahomes missed WIDE open guys 3 times for sure and possibly more. Not sure why. The Hatdman route that was a sure walk-in TD was glaring.

Sneed was a beast.
CEH and Pacheco great 1-2 punch.
Bolton's side to side play was great.
Kelce made great catches and was a huge reason we won.
Everyone got in on the action.

Overall a really great team win
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:36 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
The zebras let the players determine the outcome of the game. We got away with a couple.
Pretty fair game by the zebras, although the Bucs got away with a couple as well:

-Phantom hold on a CEH first down in the final minutes of the Q4.
-No intentional grounding on Brady at one point.
-That Thornhill hit in the endzone on Evans should not have been called.

Originally Posted by :
The only thing I can bitch about was the unnecessary INT in the 4th. It was 3rd and 5 and PMII either missed or ignored a wide open McKinnon in the left flat. That would have kept the drive alive and we wouldn't have had to listen to Collinsworth yapping about Brady.

Yeah, this pass was disappointing. Sometimes Pat just has those WTF moments (like every other QB ever).
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:39 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Bolton's side to side play was great.

Anyone notice that Bolton mentions his high school rather than MU during his first drive introduction?
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:40 AM 10-03-2022
We need more from the pass rush. The defense has a few things to shore up.
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:45 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We need more from the pass rush. The defense has a few things to shore up.
That was probably the most disappointing thing to me last night. Our front 4 just couldn’t generate much. Clark is such a non-factor right now. It’s pretty painful to watch him play.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:05 AM 10-03-2022
Mahomes looked to have 2 mistakes last night. But 2000 right decisions. So I'll take it.

Maybe a little cleanup could go about of it though.

Missing Mecole for an easy TD because he didn't even look his way is more than a lack of trust. He still needs to go through his reads while still reading what the defense gives you. This isn't just a trust issue, ego's at play here too.

And the INT was trying to play hero ball when McKinnon was open and when he just needed to play more efficiently with what the defense was giving him.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:47 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Pretty fair game by the zebras, although the Bucs got away with a couple as well:

-Phantom hold on a CEH first down in the final minutes of the Q4.

-No intentional grounding on Brady at one point.

-That Thornhill hit in the endzone on Evans should not have been called.

Yeah, this pass was disappointing. Sometimes Pat just has those WTF moments (like every other QB ever).
I really think he expected JJSS to flatten his route, but JJSS drifted instead, giving the defender an open shot at the ball.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:51 AM 10-03-2022
The comments all week about the OL suddenly forgetting how to block were pretty funny.

“They were really good last year and are a year more experienced but they suck ass because they weren’t great vs the Colts!”

Pass blocking by the tackles isn’t perfect, but we knew that coming in.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:54 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The comments all week about the OL suddenly forgetting how to block were pretty funny.

“They were really good last year and are a year more experienced but they suck ass because they weren’t great vs the Colts!”

Pass blocking by the tackles isn’t perfect, but we knew that coming in.
It may be that Smith was just hurt worse than we thought and now he's healthy.
[Reply]
Red Beans 08:00 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Mahomes looked to have 2 mistakes last night. But 2000 right decisions. So I'll take it.

Maybe a little cleanup could go about of it though.

Missing Mecole for an easy TD because he didn't even look his way is more than a lack of trust. He still needs to go through his reads while still reading what the defense gives you. This isn't just a trust issue, ego's at play here too.

And the INT was trying to play hero ball when McKinnon was open and when he just needed to play more efficiently with what the defense was giving him.
I'm starting to get the feeling that Mecole is not long for this team. We're going to see a new WR core next year. JSS and Mecole will probably be gone.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:01 AM 10-03-2022
The Hardman miss is concerning. To me, this is such a lack of faith in Hardman to run the correct route and be where he's supposed to be, that pre-snap, Mahomes has already decided he's not getting the ball.

Hardman has been in this system way too long to be this bad at the receiver position. The guy should have been a lock for WR 1 with that speed, and time in the system.

Still, Mahomes needs to read the entire field, just for the simple fact that even a broken clock is right twice a day, and Hardman was hilariously wide open for a td.
[Reply]
tmax63 08:08 AM 10-03-2022
You got to remember TB12 gets rid of the ball in about 1.4 seconds. Nobody gets a good pass rush on him. The pass rush still needs work but against Brady no pass rush looks very good.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Up