ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 30
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>DJ Moore to Chiefs?
KingPriest2 11:05 PM 10-02-2022
Rumors are coming out he wants out of Carolina. And one of the teams coming up are the Chiefs

What’s your thoughts?
[Reply]
kccrow 02:01 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Once they fire and blow out the staff (they will sooner than later, they're terrible and Rhule will go back to college) they can cut Mayfield and that's when the firesale would theoretically start.
Probably will happen, not sure it does until the offseason.

Would love to get DJ Moore though. Young, reliable 1200 yd receiver under contract for this +3 is a solid get.
[Reply]
O.city 02:02 PM 10-03-2022
Say theoretically, we wanted to trade for McCaffrey. How would the money work out?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:07 PM 10-03-2022
Would JIMP.

Still ain't gonna happen.

DJ Moore is criminally underrated - honestly one of the best in the league, IMO. A top 15 guy at the very worst. He also has 3 extremely palatable years left on his deal. He'd be a HELL of an acquisition.

But if you're the Panthers, why would you eat about $20 million in dead cap over the next two seasons without getting a massive return? You'd have to get at least the 1st round pick that AJ Brown got back. And even then I'm not sure that's enough.
[Reply]
O.city 02:07 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Probably will happen, not sure it does until the offseason.

Would love to get DJ Moore though. Young, reliable 1200 yd receiver under contract for this +3 is a solid get.
I think they do it sooner than later, Rhule will want the Wisconsin or equal job. And they're terrible.

Moore would be a huge get though. Dude is so good and would wreck in this offense.
[Reply]
O.city 02:08 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Would JIMP.

Still ain't gonna happen.

DJ Moore is criminally underrated - honestly one of the best in the league, IMO. A top 15 guy at the very worst. He also has 3 extremely palatable years left on his deal. He'd be a HELL of an acquisition.

But if you're the Panthers, why would you eat about $20 million in dead cap over the next two seasons without getting a massive return? You'd have to get at least the 1st round pick that AJ Brown got back. And even then I'm not sure that's enough.
He'd need to go scorched earth and demand a trade.

And I'd give up a first if I were a team, the Chiefs can't though. They're gonna need that to go get a LT likely.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:08 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
They don't eat his guaranteed salaries in future years.

They only eat the bonuses already paid (i.e. signing bonus) so they'd be on the hook for $19.5 million.

His salary is minimal this year, which would be advantageous to KC.

The snag for Carolina really would only be that they have not accounted for 14.625 of that 19.5 on this year's cap and they only have 10.1 million in space with nobody they can restructure to take on the 4.5 million balance. About the only thing they could do is also trade or cut Mayfield.
I think that $14.5 or so hits next year, does it not? Only this season's bonus money hits this year - the remainder hits next year.

So they accelerate a bit to this year, but it's an amount already included in their pool. The remainder hits on next year's cap, IIRC.
[Reply]
O.city 02:09 PM 10-03-2022
Go look at the Saints cap next year and going forward. They pretty much have to move someone and or cut some people.

See if they'd move Kamara
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:10 PM 10-03-2022
He'd need to go scorched earth and demand a trade.

And I'd give up a first if I were a team, the Chiefs can't though. They're gonna need that to go get a LT likely.
I'd probably do it anyway. That's among the few guys I'd give up a 1st for. Because he comes with a good contract and long-term control.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:11 PM 10-03-2022
Go look at the Saints cap next year and going forward. They pretty much have to move someone and or cut some people.

Oh. O.City is back.

For a minute there I thought you were talking about giving up draft picks to acquire productive players in the prime of their careers with reasonable contracts.

Now you're back to normal, looking for redundant, expensive and declining guys with flashy names.
[Reply]
O.city 02:11 PM 10-03-2022
I'd probably do it anyway. That's among the few guys I'd give up a 1st for. Because he comes with a good contract and long-term control.
The OBJ situation just lingers over them.

If that were settled, yeah, go get that guy. You could let JJSS walk (or stay I dont' care) and plug Moore into....well anywhere. He's good.
[Reply]
O.city 02:12 PM 10-03-2022
Oh. O.City is back.

For a minute there I thought you were talking about giving up draft picks to acquire productive players in the prime of their careers with reasonable contracts.

Now you're back to normal, looking for redundant, expensive and declining guys with flashy names.
I mean, he was just a 1k yard 10 td player last year. Did the cliff already hit?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:15 PM 10-03-2022

Kamara?!? WTF would we do with Kamara? Whose carries is he going to get? McKinnon?
[Reply]
O.city 02:16 PM 10-03-2022
Long term play, Moore is about as good of a pickup as you'll find.

They need more pass rush, but I don't know who's out there for that.
[Reply]
O.city 02:18 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Kamara?!? WTF would we do with Kamara? Whose carries is he going to get? McKinnon?
Let Andy figure that out.
[Reply]
O.city 02:18 PM 10-03-2022
If the Colts continue to suck ass, Ngakoue would be an option.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 30
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up