ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFLPA initiates investigation into concussion protocols after Tua injury
tk13 03:37 PM 09-25-2022
This didn't take long.

NFLPA has told the NFL that it wants to initiate a review of the concussion protocols in light of Tua Tagovailoa’s return to today’s game in Miami, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 25, 2022

#Tua will be ruled out for @MiamiDolphins vs @BuffaloBills.
Outward signs of head injury means ruled out even if clears the concussion protocol. pic.twitter.com/Lj2AKO5D1A

— David J. Chao - ProFootballDoc (@ProFootballDoc) September 25, 2022

[Reply]
Skyy God 06:14 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Any chance that the "back injury" designation was to avoid the concussion protocol entirely?
1,000,000%
[Reply]
BWillie 06:22 PM 09-30-2022
I find it hard to believe anyone with the Dolphins intentionally tried to circumvent the concussion protocol. Dont you go through independent doctors? Its possible its not even the Dolphins or NFLs fault.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:25 PM 09-30-2022
Its all about the money

Tua needs to retire before he is McMahon

And the coach and staff at the dolphins need to pay

Sick bastards all
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:40 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Dolphins were wrong in this situation but it’s also true that Tua is a broke dick… can’t stay healthy.

Dolphins would be crazy to have future plans with him as their QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 06:46 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Somebody on social media posted a GIF this morning that showed him going "out" before he hit the ground.
I wish I could find it. I've been looking all over twitter and youtube, everyone thinks he was violently slammed to the ground. I haven't found a different opinion yet
[Reply]
MagicHef 07:27 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I find it hard to believe anyone with the Dolphins intentionally tried to circumvent the concussion protocol. Dont you go through independent doctors? Its possible its not even the Dolphins or NFLs fault.
It would be a career ender now with all the media attention, but I don’t see another reason to list it as a back injury.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 07:32 PM 09-30-2022
make this forum automatically parse twitter links:

https://twitter.com/KingJosiah54/sta...68603895083008
[Reply]
SupDock 07:36 PM 09-30-2022
Honestly, Tua probably misled the professionals. He has a lot to lose by sitting. The Dolphins have tried to shop him several times.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:54 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Honestly, Tua probably misled the professionals. He has a lot to lose by sitting. The Dolphins have tried to shop him several times.
It's never the employee's fault. It's 2022 man. How can you even insinuate such a thing. It's always the big businesses fault
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:02 PM 09-30-2022
Come on, those protocols are based on the assumption that players are going to try and game things to get back on the field.

If Tua could just 'mislead' professionals, the protocol would be pretty worthless.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:06 PM 09-30-2022
I don’t think they intentionally tried to circumvent protocol.

I do think they believe the bare minimum passing grade is enough to justify playing a guy.

I also believe the back injury is going to be used as an excuse to sit him this coming week so they can sit him without admitting he probably had a concussion.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:25 PM 09-30-2022
Possibly. But it is also possible they knew he was being misleading as well.

What doctor will sign off on him to go back on the field after what we saw last night? Would you want to be the one?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:27 PM 09-30-2022
It's never the employee's fault. It's 2022 man. How can you even insinuate such a thing. It's always the big businesses fault
It's also the business's responsibility to protect it's assets and interests and what benefit they may be to the business in the future.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:35 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Come on, those protocols are based on the assumption that players are going to try and game things to get back on the field.

If Tua could just 'mislead' professionals, the protocol would be pretty worthless.
There are definitely objective components, but if, for instance he said that his back locked up causing him to stumble, and he passed other tests, he may have circumvented the protocol.

If he said he his head hurt, it probably doesn’t matter that he passed the protocol because of his stumbling after.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:37 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
It's also the business's responsibility to protect it's assets and interests and what benefit they may be to the business in the future.
Definitely, it’s just a lot tougher to catch all cases when the patient is attempting to mislead you.

I’m shocked he returned last week at half, and it’s hard to imagine who signed off on that.

Dr Chao immediately tweeted there was no way he comes back, just based on his behavior after the hit. Yet he came back.

I’m also of the opinion, that to protect their decision, they could not have held him out this week. otherwise, how do you explain him going back in the game last week
[Reply]
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up