ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFLPA initiates investigation into concussion protocols after Tua injury
tk13 03:37 PM 09-25-2022
This didn't take long.

NFLPA has told the NFL that it wants to initiate a review of the concussion protocols in light of Tua Tagovailoa’s return to today’s game in Miami, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 25, 2022

#Tua will be ruled out for @MiamiDolphins vs @BuffaloBills.
Outward signs of head injury means ruled out even if clears the concussion protocol. pic.twitter.com/Lj2AKO5D1A

— David J. Chao - ProFootballDoc (@ProFootballDoc) September 25, 2022

[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:00 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
It would be great to see a Myth Busters type analysis of different playing surfaces and forces on the brain from striking the surface.

I’m sure that’s had to be done already. I’m interested to see if the whip tackle gets penalized or a fine.

That tackle is dangerous because of the force the head has against the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:02 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
any new news?

They took a scan of his head.
Nothing showed up.

[Reply]
wazu 12:13 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I’m sure that’s had to be done already. I’m interested to see if the whip tackle gets penalized or a fine.

That tackle is dangerous because of the force the head has against the ground.

Right. You're supposed to tackle him nice and slow so he can get the pass off while you do.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:18 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The Dolphins staff discussing Tua’s status for next week:

Bob Belcher is awesome.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:19 PM 09-30-2022
Wow, just saw this. Ouch, hard hits...
[Reply]
fan4ever 12:29 PM 09-30-2022
Tua's going to have a short career.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:36 PM 09-30-2022

Tricky part: NFL concussion protocol doesn't classify Sunday's "stumbling" & "falling" as "no go" symptom in itself. Policy says it's only "no go" if team physician & Unaffiliated Neurological Consultant determine "instability to be neurologically caused." Doctors said it wasn't. https://t.co/TBsbSKLu8b

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) September 30, 2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:38 PM 09-30-2022
That just seems strange to me. How could you rule out 100% that the stumbling and falling isn't neurological in that short of an amount of time like we saw on Sunday?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:45 PM 09-30-2022
Oh no he's braindead.

McDaniel said he and Tua sat together on the plane and watched MacGruber during the flight home, and that Tua laughed throughout the movie

— Marcel Louis-Jacques (@Marcel_LJ) September 30, 2022

[Reply]
allen_kcCard 12:46 PM 09-30-2022
The pessimist in me says that this is going to screw us over somehow. Something like new impact sensors in helmets being quickly introduced that can flag a concussive impact occurring and Mahomes is going to drop his helmet on the sidelines and trigger it and get pulled out of the superbowl or something.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:52 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Oh no he's braindead.

This reminds me, and I know I've shared this story here before, of being in a trauma ER next to a construction work who took a half gainer off a roof. Guy was talking and laughing with the doctor all normal. Doc told him he had a severe concussion but would be okay and that a nurse would come by to take him to a more suitable room for observation.

Soon as the doc left this guy called someone who I presumed was a loved one, broke down sobbing like a baby and told whomever on the other end that he was at the hospital and the doctor told him he had an untreatable cancer and that he was really scared. The person on the other end was all wailing like wtf?!?! It was nuts.

Point being dudes egg was beyond scrambled yet carried on a convo with the doctor like they were catching up at TGIFridays.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:56 PM 09-30-2022
I don't know, I think sensors in helmets might actually be a good idea for long term health.

If it can reduce CTE, wouldn't that be a good thing?

I've also wondered if they couldn't come up with a helmet that absorbs more force.

Helmets prevents skull fractures but they don't provide as much cushioning as some people think.

Yea, bubble helmets would look silly for a season and then everyone would totally get used to them and maybe impacts from head hitting ground could be reduced.
[Reply]
notorious 12:58 PM 09-30-2022
Next time the opposing team does a tombstone piledriver on Mahomes 5 seconds after he throws the ball there won’t be a flag but he’ll be removed for concussion protocol.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:10 PM 09-30-2022
That just seems strange to me. How could you rule out 100% that the stumbling and falling isn't neurological in that short of an amount of time like we saw on Sunday?
You can't. That's why when Mahomes had a NECK injury but displayed outward signs of a concussion, they held him out.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 01:15 PM 09-30-2022
Idk. Is there a neck/spine condition that can mimic a concussion? Re-watching both incidents has me questioning how significant the head impact was. 2nd incident looks like he threw himself backwards. Made no attempt to brace himself... almost like he was going limp before he hit the ground.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up