ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFLPA initiates investigation into concussion protocols after Tua injury
tk13 03:37 PM 09-25-2022
This didn't take long.

NFLPA has told the NFL that it wants to initiate a review of the concussion protocols in light of Tua Tagovailoa’s return to today’s game in Miami, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 25, 2022

#Tua will be ruled out for @MiamiDolphins vs @BuffaloBills.
Outward signs of head injury means ruled out even if clears the concussion protocol. pic.twitter.com/Lj2AKO5D1A

— David J. Chao - ProFootballDoc (@ProFootballDoc) September 25, 2022

[Reply]
srvy 09:10 PM 09-30-2022
What else would cause disorientation and stumbling like paralysis? Could a pinched nerve do that or something with the spinal cord? If it's not a concussion then it seems to me he needs some extensive testing to see what's going on.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:12 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It's never the employee's fault. It's 2022 man. How can you even insinuate such a thing. It's always the big businesses fault
It's miraculous that you manage to tread the RedDawg waters without actually being RedDawg.

Impressive, really.
[Reply]
srvy 09:18 PM 09-30-2022
Would the hospital have released him without doing a cat scan or something?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:39 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Go fist yourself.
I don't Belize I will.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:43 PM 09-30-2022
I wish for the way i feel tua would retire. I don't like the reality that one more will probably effect him for life
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:02 PM 09-30-2022
Tua look like a gay Asian, Dolphins look like Dahmer and the NFL look like the police
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:14 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So the possible conclusion here is that he passed the protocol and the team decided to put him back in.

If so, then it IS on the team. He may have cleared the protocol but there still has to be some common sense applied.
100% this. There's no way the staff should let him play that Thursday night game after what happened on Sunday.
[Reply]
srvy 10:34 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
100% this. There's no way the staff should let him play that Thursday night game after what happened on Sunday.
Why? Player passed the protocol and players play with injuries all the time. Independent Dr passed him and the player wanted to play. Explain to me why the coaching staff would go against players' wishes who have been cleared by an independent doctor.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:00 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Why? Player passed the protocol and players play with injuries all the time. Independent Dr passed him and the player wanted to play. Explain to me why the coaching staff would go against players' wishes who have been cleared by an independent doctor.
Hate to agree with srvy, but if a guy is medically cleared, well...he's medically cleared. What people at home think about his condition is kind of irrelevant. If the team is not able to trust medical professionals who are experts on the issue in question, then what's the point of any of this?

If you're not going to trust expert doctors to clear a guy, then you're pretty much just advocating for a rule that says if we see your head hit the ground, you're out for that game and the next, end of story.
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:12 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Do we actually have confirmation that he passed the concussion protocol, or is it possible that he never entered the concussion protocol?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:19 PM 09-30-2022
Hey, these gladiators are there to entertain us, they are part of an entertainment industry, let's make no mistake, it's all about what you can do for me "now", nothing else. And perhaps he doesn't want to be an Eric Berry? :-)
[Reply]
SupDock 11:24 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Hate to agree with srvy, but if a guy is medically cleared, well...he's medically cleared. What people at home think about his condition is kind of irrelevant. If the team is not able to trust medical professionals who are experts on the issue in question, then what's the point of any of this?

If you're not going to trust expert doctors to clear a guy, then you're pretty much just advocating for a rule that says if we see your head hit the ground, you're out for that game and the next, end of story.
Agree. I don’t really blame “The Dolphins” here.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:12 AM 10-01-2022
I've always wondered just how independent you can be when you are paid by the people you are supposed to be independent of?

The injury to Mahomes in the playoff game didn't look very severe at the time however based on what we saw, he was injured. He was wobbly and unsteady. Later, he said he was fine to go back in however the Chiefs coaching staff would not put him in. And this was in a playoff game.

The lack of concern over Tua's health is alarming to me. The coach said something to the effect later of: He's fine, it was just a concussion... WTF?

Business don't care about the employees... They are raw materials to be used up and replaced. After all, it's not really your job, it's theirs. You are just filling it for now.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 05:48 AM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Definitely, it’s just a lot tougher to catch all cases when the patient is attempting to mislead you.

I’m shocked he returned last week at half, and it’s hard to imagine who signed off on that.

Dr Chao immediately tweeted there was no way he comes back, just based on his behavior after the hit. Yet he came back.

I’m also of the opinion, that to protect their decision, they could not have held him out this week. otherwise, how do you explain him going back in the game last week
So Dr Chao diagnosed him and then let him on the field? If the doctor you're quoting didn't actually examine him, then their opinion is irrelevant.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 07:05 AM 10-01-2022
he's going to end up getting fuckin paralyzed on the field
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up