ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>ELVIS (2022)
O.city 12:27 PM 02-17-2022

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:22 PM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
I went thru Graceland about 5 years ago. Not that I was a fan, more like it was a bit of Americana to take in. I gotta say, the Elvis business is still employing a LOT of people, generating a lot of money. The house itself is Sooo 1970s and much smaller than you might think. The tour did not include the throne room where he died.
The film showed him deeply devoted to his mama, and his pops to be weak willed, in other words, ripe for an opportunist like the Colonel to control. It didn't show Elvis strong enough to cast Parker aside. Who knows what's true. Tom Hanks, under a ton of latex, gave a very creepy portrayal.
I read the estate pulls in $500 million in royalties and the use of his image.
[Reply]
scho63 10:33 AM 09-18-2022
Just saw this on HBO two days ago and loved it. Just an awesome way to present the story, the visuals were great, the acting fantastic, flowed well and the best part: learning how Tom Parker was a first class schister.

Add in Elvis' uncontrollable spending and it was a perfect storm.

Most people think Elvis was much older when he died.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:49 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Just saw this on HBO two days ago and loved it. Just an awesome way to present the story, the visuals were great, the acting fantastic, flowed well and the best part: learning how Tom Parker was a first class schister.

Add in Elvis' uncontrollable spending and it was a perfect storm.

Most people think Elvis was much older when he died.
I thought he was in his late 50s. Turns out he was just fat and looked like shit.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:15 PM 09-22-2022
I went to Graceland abiut 10 years ago. During a weekday in the summer. Place was a total zoo with cars and busses everywhere. I remember telling my wife “look at all these reetards” and then it hit me.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:06 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I went to Graceland abiut 10 years ago. During a weekday in the summer. Place was a total zoo with cars and busses everywhere. I remember telling my wife “look at all these reetards” and then it hit me.
Did you eat a PB/Jelly and Bacon/Banana Sandwich there?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:19 AM 09-23-2022
BBQ joint in the strip mall where his 737 sits. It was ok, like $14 person which was pricey back then
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:40 AM 09-25-2022
I don't know much about Elvis but I enjoyed this one. Pretty sad story, as is usually the case with these musicians.

Has there ever been a massive celebrity musician who just did his thing, enjoyed his millions, and didn't live a life marred by drug abuse, a rough childhood, mismanagement, early death, etc.?

In any case, I had a good laugh pretty early on with this one..

Elvis Stan: *plays Elvis record*

Rando: "That sounds like negro rhythms!"

Elvis Stan: "Yep! But with a country influence!"

Sleazy agent: "They'll never let a negro on stage in Louisiana"

Elvis Stan: "That's the thing.. he's white!"

Sleazy agent: "He's..... *seeing dollar signs*..... white...."
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:44 AM 09-25-2022
On a related note, these musician biopics are usually really enjoyable.

Ray, Bohemian Rhapsody, Elvis. I haven't seen Rocketman but I imagine it was pretty good as well.

I didn't know a damned thing about any of those guys prior to watching.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:55 AM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
On a related note, these musician biopics are usually really enjoyable.

Ray, Bohemian Rhapsody, Elvis. I haven't seen Rocketman but I imagine it was pretty good as well.

I didn't know a damned thing about any of those guys prior to watching.
Rocketman sucked, it was a musical. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up