ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kelce cementing his HOF status
RunKC 11:02 AM 12-01-2019
Fastest TE in history to get 450 receptions and 6,000 yards. Needs 167 more to get 1,000 yards and become the first TE in history to get 1,000 receiving yards in 4 straight years.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:30 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Again, when did I ever deny that kelce has a good chance of being the most productive tight end of all time? That doesn’t mean he’s more physically gifted as a receiver than Gonzalez. That doesn’t mean you can ignore that gronk was productive while also being an extraordinarily good blocker.
No. It means I dont have to give one actual fuck if Gronk was an extraordinarily good blocker when I say Travis Kelce is the best TE the game has seen.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:34 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
No. It means I dont have to give one actual **** if Gronk was an extraordinarily good blocker when I say Travis Kelce is the best TE the game has seen.
Then you are a homer who isn’t taking the debate seriously

I have every reason to hate gronk and kelce is easily one of, if not my absolute, favorite chiefs of all time. But there isn’t a shadow of a doubt that gronk is in the conversation for GOAT at TE.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:37 AM 10-03-2022
The Most impressive Gronk Stat to me: 92 TD's in 143 Games played. That's pretty incredible.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:40 AM 10-03-2022
The only reason there is competition is because Kelce doesnt have the years accumulated yet. He is the best TE to ever suit up without question.
lol.. Come on, dude. I love Kelce as much as the next guy but there is quite clearly some question.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:42 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
lol.. Come on, dude. I love Kelce as much as the next guy but there is quite clearly some question.
Like I said, the only question is longevity. Kelce has six 1,000+ yard seasons in a row and is on pace for 1,300 this year. The next best TE only has 4 in their career. If those other guys were so unstoppable then what the fuck is Kelce?
[Reply]
tredadda 11:52 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Otter:
Every game I watch I realize how much of a pillar Kelce is to this team. He is Patrick's foundation.

We're a luck fanbase right now. :-)
He was always more important to this offense than Hill. When Mahomes absolutely had to make a play he always defaults to Kelce.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:59 AM 10-03-2022
Like I said, the only question is longevity. Kelce has six 1,000+ yard seasons in a row and is on pace for 1,300 this year. The next best TE only has 4 in their career. If those other guys were so unstoppable then what the fuck is Kelce?
Oft-injured, playing with terrible QBs, or from an era in which TEs didn't consistently post 1,000 yard seasons.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:00 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
He was always more important to this offense than Hill. When Mahomes absolutely had to make a play he always defaults to Kelce.
I'd love to see the numbers because I always thought it was about 50/50.

I can remember many got-to-have-it moments in which Mahomes went to Hill.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:03 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'd love to see the numbers because I always thought it was about 50/50.

I can remember many got-to-have-it moments in which Mahomes went to Hill.
I imagine some stat head out there has those numbers. I would be interested as well because it looks like from the eye test it’s Kelce more often than not.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:31 PM 10-03-2022
Mark Andrews is an elite blocker who is also plenty good as a receiver. Kelce is an elite receiver who is plenty good as a blocker. Again I’m taking kelce every day of the week but Andrews absolutely belongs in the conversation

That is always going to be a hard conversation point when you’re comparing him to a guy like gronk who was elite on both levels. Kelce is a better receiver but gronk is a hall of fame level blocker.
Andrews had 2 catches for 15 yards Sunday. He is really good generally but he aint Kelce.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:02 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Andrews had 2 catches for 15 yards Sunday. He is really good generally but he aint Kelce.
Oh yeah, of course I understand that. Kelce is a potential GOAT while Andrews is a guy who just wants to be in the conversation for now. As a homer I would easily take kelce over Andrews. But understandably there are people who believe blocking plays a critical role when evaluating a tight end and that’s where an outsider will press any of us on why they prefer gronk. I obviously am a huge fan of kelce but gronk has every right to be considered the best too. Both exceptional and complete players in very different ways.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:11 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Dude saved someones life at a restaurant by giving them the Heimlich. He can be as big of a douche as he wants if he csme to someones aide like that.
Was it a hot girl by any chance?

In all seriousness, to answer someone's question, Gonzalez did two things better than Kelce.

One was running people over. Kelce is big but doesn't usually bulldoze anyone. Defenders bounced off Gonzalez constantly. He wanted to punish tacklers.

The other skill is catching the ball in traffic. Gonzalez had better hands, better leaping ability, and a superhuman will to take the ball away from others. There's countless highlights of him catching TDs with two or three defenders all over him. He was special.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:55 PM 10-03-2022
I think people forget how unstoppable Gonzalez truly was. He was a physical freak. He was carrying offenses on his back where guys like huard and thigpen and cassel were constantly throwing him prayer balls.

None of this is to say kelce isn’t physically amazing. He is easily among the best of the best on ability alone. But sorry on physically ability alone if you step out of kc you’ll get plenty of understandable debate about if he is the most physically gifted of all time. And that’s why he is in my opinion criminally underrated when it comes to any GOAT discussion. I believe it is the combination of everything that in my mind puts him in the conversation for best of all time.
It's nuts to me that we're going to act like Kelce isn't an incredible contested catch guy. Moreover, what Kelce does in space is absolutely insane and yes, gets back to his innate athletic ability.

Gonzalez does NOT house that catch that Kelce made for the first score Sunday. That agility and immediate ability to get upfield at speed just doesn't happen. Oh sure, Tony probably makes the catch but he doesn't catch it, get upfield, eat up that much space and then hurdle the damn safety to get clean into the end zone.

Kelce is the evolutionary version of Tony G. He's the same guy...but better. Gonzalez was one of the very first of the new breed of TEs who could move in space, overpower smaller defenders and abuse LBers. But the LBers he was abusing were Marvcus Patton and not Devin White.

I'm sorry but you're just wrong here. Travis Kelce is very probably the most athletically gifted TE in history. He's physical, he's agile, he's fast, his hands are elite. He's fearless in traffic and smart in space.

There's literally not a single goddamn thing he doesn't do amazingly well. And he does it in part because he's a very smart football player but the league has been FULL of smart football players. He's not elite because he's smart - he's elite because he's smart AND among the most physically gifted players to ever play the position.

This is crazy. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here but it's not worth the trouble. If you're trying to build the guy up by making some bizarre underdog story out of the guy and claim he's a lunchpail player who gets more with less or something - you're just wrong. This guy has gifts unlike anything the position has ever seen. And yes, he puts them to their highest and best use, but that's why he's a damn HoFer and not some flash in the pan.

You take Kelce's physical tools and eliminate his football savvy and you probably get...i dunno - Jimmy Graham? Take his brains and eliminate his tools and you get...uh...Ben Coates?

In either event, trying to diminish the exceptional physical gifts Travis Kelce brings to the table to make him some sort of lunch pail grinder story is just asinine. There has never been a peak that approaches Travis Kelce. His top end strafes anyone that's ever done this before.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:32 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's nuts to me that we're going to act like Kelce isn't an incredible contested catch guy. Moreover, what Kelce does in space is absolutely insane and yes, gets back to his innate athletic ability.

Gonzalez does NOT house that catch that Kelce made for the first score Sunday. That agility and immediate ability to get upfield at speed just doesn't happen. Oh sure, Tony probably makes the catch but he doesn't catch it, get upfield, eat up that much space and then hurdle the damn safety to get clean into the end zone.

Kelce is the evolutionary version of Tony G. He's the same guy...but better. Gonzalez was one of the very first of the new breed of TEs who could move in space, overpower smaller defenders and abuse LBers. But the LBers he was abusing were Marvcus Patton and not Devin White.

I'm sorry but you're just wrong here. Travis Kelce is very probably the most athletically gifted TE in history. He's physical, he's agile, he's fast, his hands are elite. He's fearless in traffic and smart in space.

There's literally not a single goddamn thing he doesn't do amazingly well. And he does it in part because he's a very smart football player but the league has been FULL of smart football players. He's not elite because he's smart - he's elite because he's smart AND among the most physically gifted players to ever play the position.

This is crazy. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here but it's not worth the trouble. If you're trying to build the guy up by making some bizarre underdog story out of the guy and claim he's a lunchpail player who gets more with less or something - you're just wrong. This guy has gifts unlike anything the position has ever seen. And yes, he puts them to their highest and best use, but that's why he's a damn HoFer and not some flash in the pan.

You take Kelce's physical tools and eliminate his football savvy and you probably get...i dunno - Jimmy Graham? Take his brains and eliminate his tools and you get...uh...Ben Coates?

In either event, trying to diminish the exceptional physical gifts Travis Kelce brings to the table to make him some sort of lunch pail grinder story is just asinine. There has never been a peak that approaches Travis Kelce. His top end strafes anyone that's ever done this before.
Who said he wasn’t hall of fame gifted? Who said he was a mediocre player who just worked hard? Your words, not mine.

We are talking about a really, really high bar when you’re talking GOAT and you’re acting like it’s offensive to say that the other guys in that conversation are really damn good too. Gonzalez and gronk were considered GOAT until kelce established himself and threw his hat in the ring.

I know gonzo rubbed people the wrong way. But he earned his right to be in that convo. There are things kelce can do that gonzo can’t. But vice versa too. Gonzo excelled across eras even when he was old and defenses adjusted to the tight end. Gonzalez was an insanely good jump ball and red zone target, and he did it while carrying absolutely lousy receivers and qbs for much of his career. Including in an era when qbs were heaving up prayer balls to him as our offensive strategy. That doesn’t mean kelce can’t do that. They are gifted in different ways. But we don’t need to undermine gonzos talents to prop up kelce. And if anyone brings this noise outside the kc bubble they’ll get laughed out of the room if they suggest gronk isn’t heavily in this conversation. I don’t think it does us any favors to walk in to these discussions with a distorted view of the competition. It’s not that kelce can’t do these things at a high level. But we are talking about calling him the most physically gifted tight end among the best tight ends IN HISTORY.

I think people are misremembering history. The homer in me believes kelce is the GOAT. But there is nothing wrong with anyone who thinks it’s gonzo or gronk.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:40 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up