ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 21
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kelce cementing his HOF status
RunKC 11:02 AM 12-01-2019
Fastest TE in history to get 450 receptions and 6,000 yards. Needs 167 more to get 1,000 yards and become the first TE in history to get 1,000 receiving yards in 4 straight years.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:58 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Even today, you have people ranking andrews over kelce because he can both block and catch really really well.
Have you ever heard of the term "clickbait?"
[Reply]
BWillie 10:58 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Tony was great but he was a bit of a douche. Kelce is the Goat.
Dude saved someones life at a restaurant by giving them the Heimlich. He can be as big of a douche as he wants if he csme to someones aide like that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:00 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Name the TE with the most 1000+ yard seasons in history that did it in consecutive seasons.
Do you think cooper kupp is the most physically gifted wr in the game today? Jesus how are people interpreting any of this that any of this makes kelce anything short of a dominant receiver? You seem to be stuck on this idea that any hint of homerism is a criticism.

Again, I’d take kelce every single day of the week over any tight end in history. That doesn’t mean he’s the most physically gifted player of all time.
[Reply]
Otter 11:00 AM 10-03-2022
Every game I watch I realize how much of a pillar Kelce is to this team. He is Patrick's foundation.

We're a luck fanbase right now. :-)
[Reply]
kcpasco 11:01 AM 10-03-2022
There are still people who would rank that can’t stay healthy Kittle over Kelce. They are doucebags.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:02 AM 10-03-2022
Do you think cooper kupp is the most physically gifted wr in the game today? Jesus how are people interpreting any of this that any of this makes kelce anything short of a dominant receiver? You seem to be stuck on this idea that any hint of homerism is a criticism.

Again, I’d take kelce every single day of the week over any tight end in history. That doesn’t mean he’s the most physically gifted player of all time.
Do you think Cooper Kupp has had even close to the sustained success of Travis Kelce?

This is what makes you stupid.

You sit here and talk about how physically gifted and unstoppable these other TEs are yet NONE of them have had the career success of Travis Kelce through this point in his career. He is easily on his way to being the best TE to ever put on pads and here you are talking about how all these other guys were just clearly more dominant. It's pure fucking ignorance.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:06 AM 10-03-2022
Have you ever heard of the term "clickbait?"
Mark Andrews is an elite blocker who is also plenty good as a receiver. Kelce is an elite receiver who is plenty good as a blocker. Again I’m taking kelce every day of the week but Andrews absolutely belongs in the conversation

That is always going to be a hard conversation point when you’re comparing him to a guy like gronk who was elite on both levels. Kelce is a better receiver but gronk is a hall of fame level blocker.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:08 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Otter:
Every game I watch I realize how much of a pillar Kelce is to this team. He is Patrick's foundation.

We're a luck fanbase right now. :-)
100%

Must really suck for the Doom & Gloom Brigade who shit up every gameday thread, they're missing all the fun.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:11 AM 10-03-2022
Do you think Cooper Kupp has had even close to the sustained success of Travis Kelce?

This is what makes you stupid.

You sit here and talk about how physically gifted and unstoppable these other TEs are yet NONE of them have had the career success of Travis Kelce through this point in his career. He is easily on his way to being the best TE to ever put on pads and here you are talking about how all these other guys were just clearly more dominant. It's pure ****ing ignorance.
Fucking hell

I’ve said kelce is probably the GOAT.

Stop spinning this because I’m trying to look at this objectively. I said other guys were clearly more dominant? Go fuck yourself. I’ve said repeatedly I’d take kelce over any of these guys. But in terms of pure physical talent when comparing him to the best of the best of the best there are plenty who don’t wear rose covered glasses who know there is plenty of competition. Of course there is. We’re comparing him to the very best of all time.
[Reply]
Otter 11:17 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
100%

Must really suck for the Doom & Gloom Brigade who shit up every gameday thread, they're missing all the fun.
If you're doom and gloom at this point you haven't been around long enough.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:18 AM 10-03-2022
Fucking hell

I’ve said kelce is probably the GOAT.

Stop spinning this because I’m trying to look at this objectively. I said other guys were clearly more dominant? Go fuck yourself. I’ve said repeatedly I’d take kelce over any of these guys. But in terms of pure physical talent when comparing him to the best of the best of the best there are plenty who don’t wear rose covered glasses who know there is plenty of competition. Of course there is. We’re comparing him to the very best of all time.
The only reason there is competition is because Kelce doesnt have the years accumulated yet. He is the best TE to ever suit up without question. The only question is will he remain healthy to play enough years to completely shit all over the career numbers of a Tony Gonzalez.

On Kelce's current pace, if you gave him Gonzalez's 270 games played Kelce would beat him by 12 TDs and 4,000 yards. It's not even fucking close.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:23 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
100%

I don’t think there’s nearly as wild of swings as there used to be where people went from believing our players were infallible to thinking they are terrible. Led to fans and even the players getting cocky to where we felt we were going to win every game in blowouts for 10 years. Last season brought us down to earth. I think we’ve learned to recognize we have absurdly good talent but that it’s ok to be critical every now and then. even the best are not perfect.

I feel like fans are in a way better place about loving the hell out of this team while also staying grounded in reality.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:24 AM 10-03-2022
Every time that Kelce reaches a statistical milestone, it’s worth noting he basically didn’t play his entire rookie season due to injury.

Crazy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:26 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Every time that Kelce reaches a statistical milestone, it’s worth noting he basically didn’t play his entire rookie season due to injury.

Crazy.
Same for Mahomes.

Any time they throw up the stats by season, Herbert is always ahead of Mahomes and it bugs me because Mahomes has done it all in less GAMES but because he didn't start his first year and guys like Herbert did, they get credit for a "season" he doesn't.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:29 AM 10-03-2022
The only reason there is competition is because Kelce doesnt have the years accumulated yet. He is the best TE to ever suit up without question. The only question is will he remain healthy to play enough years to completely shit all over the career numbers of a Tony Gonzalez.

On Kelce's current pace, if you gave him Gonzalez's 270 games played Kelce would beat him by 12 TDs and 4,000 yards. It's not even ****ing close.
Again, when did I ever deny that kelce has a good chance of being the most productive tight end of all time? That doesn’t mean he’s more physically gifted as a receiver than Gonzalez. That doesn’t mean you can ignore that gronk was productive while also being an extraordinarily good blocker.

My point all along is that it isn’t physical talent alone. And that’s why with the eyeball test kelce is surprisingly underrated if anything. He does everything the right way. He has hall of fame level physical talent but he also has extraordinary football iq and has Tim Duncan like fundamental execution, in addition to being one of the hardest workers on the field on every damn snap. That is something I didn’t feel we had from Gonzalez. Hell, gronk does those things but I still feel kelces entire package is better.

What puts kelce in the conversation as one of the best of all time is physical talent. What puts him over the top is a lot of those underappreciated intangibles.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 21
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up