ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 21
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kelce cementing his HOF status
RunKC 11:02 AM 12-01-2019
Fastest TE in history to get 450 receptions and 6,000 yards. Needs 167 more to get 1,000 yards and become the first TE in history to get 1,000 receiving yards in 4 straight years.
[Reply]
O.city 10:13 AM 10-03-2022
Kelce isn't as physically gifted as some of the all time great TE's?

Did you really just type that?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:18 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

Yeah - we've talked about this before, but Kelce's size makes him look so much less athletic than he is.

That dude is just a massive man and he takes those looooong strides. So he eats up space with every stride and doesn't look lightning fast. And it makes his agility seem less impressive (or explicable) than it is because his build just makes him seem more normally sized than he is.

That guy is enormous and to be able to do the things he does at that size is just incredible. He's faster than you realize (well, he was - he's a little slower these day). He's impossibly agile for a person that size. His body control is damn near without peer. He's a truly incredible athlete.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:22 AM 10-03-2022

I believe he is every bit as good if not better than the all time greats. Overall.

He is physically gifted but we’re talking about the best of the best of the best. We are talking guys like Gonzalez who was unguardable. Gronk who was impossible to tackle. Gates who had elite ball skills. Or witten who was an elite blocker.

What makes kelce an all time great is how he plays the game. Matched with being terrific on every level. Of all the TEs in history there are few I’d want more on my team and in the locker room than kelce.
[Reply]
O.city 10:23 AM 10-03-2022
An elite blocker. Ok.

You've talked yourself off the rails. Just log out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:29 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I believe he is every bit as good if not better than the all time greats. Overall.

He is physically gifted but we’re talking about the best of the best of the best. We are talking guys like Gonzalez who was unguardable. Gronk who was impossible to tackle. Gates who had elite ball skills. Or witten who was an elite blocker.

What makes kelce an all time great is how he plays the game. Matched with being terrific on every level. Of all the TEs in history there are few I’d want more on my team and in the locker room than kelce.
Athletically what did Gonzalez, Gates or Witten bring to the table that Kelce doesn't? Sharpe?

This is nutty. "Elite ball skills" - jesus, you see Kelce turn and catch a back hip ball as he was going to the ground? "Unguardable" - have you SEEN the things that Kelce has done to some of the best Cornerbacks in the game? I mean he put Ward on his ASS on a simple dig route last year.

What in the what? Did he have Gronk's bulk? Of course not - but he's no easier to tackle because you can't square the guy up.

This is...an odd argument. I don't get anything at all you're trying to say here.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:34 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Athletically what did Gonzalez, Gates or Witten bring to the table that Kelce doesn't? Sharpe?

This is nutty. "Elite ball skills" - jesus, you see Kelce turn and catch a back hip ball as he was going to the ground? "Unguardable" - have you SEEN the things that Kelce has done to some of the best Cornerbacks in the game? I mean he put Ward on his ASS on a simple dig route last year.

What in the what? Did he have Gronk's bulk? Of course not - but he's no easier to tackle because you can't square the guy up.

This is...an odd argument. I don't get anything at all you're trying to say here.
Gates had amazing hands.

Gronk was just....big. Like trying guard Shaq in the paint.

But Kelce's fluidity, speed, route running, body control.....LONGEVITY....all elite.

Gonzalez never had the speed and quickness that Kelce has. And his hands were suspect at the start of his career. Witten was good, but i'd never rank him highly in terms of being some physically bad ass athlete. Gates got fucking fat in his last few seasons.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:35 AM 10-03-2022
Oh NOW I see what DJ was talking about in that other thread...

Good grief :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:38 AM 10-03-2022
An elite blocker. Ok.

You've talked yourself off the rails. Just log out.
Among the best of the best, there are several receiving tight ends who were way better blockers than kelce. Gronk and witten were way better. As receivers it’s hard to argue against Gonzalez or gates. Even today mark Andrew’s and a healthy kittle is a way better blocker. The reason kelce gets overlooked is because it is hard to compare kelce to the all time greats by talking about ability.

I would still take kelce over any of these guys. So why is that? Sometimes it isn’t just pure ability that defines a player.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:44 AM 10-03-2022
Yeah - we've talked about this before, but Kelce's size makes him look so much less athletic than he is.

That dude is just a massive man and he takes those looooong strides. So he eats up space with every stride and doesn't look lightning fast. And it makes his agility seem less impressive (or explicable) than it is because his build just makes him seem more normally sized than he is.

That guy is enormous and to be able to do the things he does at that size is just incredible. He's faster than you realize (well, he was - he's a little slower these day). He's impossibly agile for a person that size. His body control is damn near without peer. He's a truly incredible athlete.

[Reply]
O.city 10:46 AM 10-03-2022
Among the best of the best, there are several receiving tight ends who were way better blockers than kelce. Gronk and witten were way better. As receivers it’s hard to argue against Gonzalez or gates. Even today mark Andrew’s and a healthy kittle is a way better blocker. The reason kelce gets overlooked is because it is hard to compare kelce to the all time greats by talking about ability.

I would still take kelce over any of these guys. So why is that? Sometimes it isn’t just pure ability that defines a player.
The only person overlooking Kelce here....is you.

As a WR I'd take Gates. That's what you're saying here. Seriously saying that?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:48 AM 10-03-2022
Kelce is better than football than Mahomes is. Its just that Mahomes plays the most previous position in fewtbawl
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:48 AM 10-03-2022

I think people forget how unstoppable Gonzalez truly was. He was a physical freak. He was carrying offenses on his back where guys like huard and thigpen and cassel were constantly throwing him prayer balls.

None of this is to say kelce isn’t physically amazing. He is easily among the best of the best on ability alone. But sorry on physically ability alone if you step out of kc you’ll get plenty of understandable debate about if he is the most physically gifted of all time. And that’s why he is in my opinion criminally underrated when it comes to any GOAT discussion. I believe it is the combination of everything that in my mind puts him in the conversation for best of all time.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:49 AM 10-03-2022
I think people forget how unstoppable Gonzalez truly was.
Name the TE with the most 1000+ yard seasons in history that did it in consecutive seasons.
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:54 AM 10-03-2022
Tony was great but he was a bit of a douche. Kelce is the Goat.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:56 AM 10-03-2022
The only person overlooking Kelce here....is you.

As a WR I'd take Gates. That's what you're saying here. Seriously saying that?
Oversimplify much? Wow. In no way do I put gates in the same conversation.

I’d say gates in his prime was more physically gifted. But playing receiver involves more than that. Kelce always knows where to be, runs outstanding routes, maybe the smartest tight end as a receiver to play the game.

As a blocker, there are many who have a pretty fair point that whereas kelce is an elite receiver and a good blocker, you have a guy like gronk who was a great receiver and an elite blocker. Even today, you have people ranking andrews over kelce because he can both block and catch really really well. I would still take kelce over them and it’s not because of pure physical ability.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 21
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up