ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 21
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kelce cementing his HOF status
RunKC 11:02 AM 12-01-2019
Fastest TE in history to get 450 receptions and 6,000 yards. Needs 167 more to get 1,000 yards and become the first TE in history to get 1,000 receiving yards in 4 straight years.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:38 PM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Kelce certainly did. There's no way KC wins the Super Bowl without him.
Agreed, but that's not my argument.

Simplest way to look at it..

Kelce in the four seasons prior to Mahomes:

2014: Missed playoffs entirely
2015: 128 yards and 0 TDs in win @ HOU followed by 23 yards and 0 TDs @ NE (loss)
2016: 77 yards and 0 TDs vs PIT (loss)
2017: 66 yards and 0 TDs vs TEN (loss)

I don't even need to show the stats after Mahomes. They're basically night and day.

Gonzalez was a victim of playing for a shitty team for many years. You swap them magically and the late 90s-late 00s Chiefs don't fare any better in the postseason while I'm not sure we don't still end up with a Super Bowl win in 2019.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:57 PM 07-20-2022
He should be in the HOF just for his orchestration drive of 13 seconds. That's legendary. How well him and Pat were on the same page.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 05:30 AM 07-21-2022
And he masterbated in the general direction of a ref.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:40 AM 07-21-2022
Originally Posted by TimeForWasp:
And he masterbated in the general direction of a ref.
HOF worthy in and of itself
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:40 AM 07-21-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Agreed, but that's not my argument.

Simplest way to look at it..

2014: Missed playoffs entirely
2015: 128 yards and 0 TDs in win @ HOU followed by 23 yards and 0 TDs @ NE (loss)
2016: 77 yards and 0 TDs vs PIT (loss)
2017: 66 yards and 0 TDs vs TEN (loss)

I don't even need to show the stats after Mahomes. They're basically night and day.

Gonzalez was a victim of playing for a shitty team for many years. You swap them magically and the late 90s-late 00s Chiefs don't fare any better in the postseason while I'm not sure we don't still end up with a Super Bowl win in 2019.
Gonzalez had more talent than kelce. But I don’t know that Gonzalez had the leadership to match kelces playoff success. And kelces numbers above are very good disregarding the fact that we had a qb who was allergic to the end zone. Even if I think gonzo was a better player I’ll take kelce over gonzo every day of the week.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:55 AM 07-21-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Gonzalez had more talent than kelce. But I don’t know that Gonzalez had the leadership to match kelces playoff success. And kelces numbers above are very good disregarding the fact that we had a qb who was allergic to the end zone. Even if I think gonzo was a better player I’ll take kelce over gonzo every day of the week.
OK, so apparently I do need to show the stats before and after Mahomes lol..

Four games total. 294 yards and 1 TD. 1-3 record. One Wild Card Round win. Never made it past the Divisional Round.

Kelce in four seasons with Mahomes:

Eleven games total. 997 yards and 11 TDs. 8-3 record. One Super Bowl win. Never failed to advance to at least the AFC Championship game.

This isn't about some bullshit like leadership. It's about opportunity.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:18 AM 10-03-2022
Is a world without Travis Kelce absolutely dominating the NFL really worth living in? :-)

Praying for the second coming happening before Kelce hangs 'em up, because I don't ever want to have to watch him give a retirement speech.
[Reply]
irafreak 09:22 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Is a world without Travis Kelce absolutely dominating the NFL really worth living in? :-)

Praying for the second coming happening before Kelce hangs 'em up, because I don't ever want to have to watch him give a retirement speech.
I don't know, his hof speech should be pretty good.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:24 AM 10-03-2022
only his way to another 1400 yard, 12 td season
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:24 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:

Right there with ya. 5 years later though we can celebrate him getting a gold jacket.

We can cry together in Canton.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:31 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
only his way to another 1400 yard, 12 td season
Dude just keeps getting up.

What's every fat pitcher say? "You can't pull fat...."

Well...maybe that's why the ol' boy never gets his bell rung...

I love Kelce and I'm damn near as nervous when he gets hit as I am when Mahomes does. What's allowed him to keep these streaks alive is that the guy is just a tank out there. His durability is just incredible.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:57 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Dude just keeps getting up.

What's every fat pitcher say? "You can't pull fat...."

Well...maybe that's why the ol' boy never gets his bell rung...

I love Kelce and I'm damn near as nervous when he gets hit as I am when Mahomes does. What's allowed him to keep these streaks alive is that the guy is just a tank out there. His durability is just incredible.
mahomes put one on his BACK HIP last night on that key third down late in the game

HIS BACK FUCKING HIP

mahomes may not be the GOAT yet but Kelce is right there
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 10-03-2022
Look at the games played to get to the numbers. It's wild how many more those guys played than Trav.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:00 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
mahomes put one on his BACK HIP last night on that key third down late in the game

HIS BACK ****ING HIP

mahomes may not be the GOAT yet but Kelce is right there
That catch was insane for anyone, let alone a 6'5 250 pound dude.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:04 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
OK, so apparently I do need to show the stats before and after Mahomes lol..

Four games total. 294 yards and 1 TD. 1-3 record. One Wild Card Round win. Never made it past the Divisional Round.

Kelce in four seasons with Mahomes:

Eleven games total. 997 yards and 11 TDs. 8-3 record. One Super Bowl win. Never failed to advance to at least the AFC Championship game.

This isn't about some bullshit like leadership. It's about opportunity.
Kelce was a beast without mahomes and with him. Even with Alex smith we’d be having the same damn conversation.

Sorry, but I 100% disagree on intangibles. Leadership is the difference between mahomes pumping his team up and grinding out tough wins vs Lamar sulking when adversity hits. It absolutely is what separates him from Gonzalez who was a more gifted player than kelce on a number of levels. I don’t know that there has ever in chiefs history been a better example of a player who plays every damn snap the right way than kelce. He does it with ability, intelligence and max effort. And I don’t know that there’s ever been a player who wants to win more then kelce, and that’s putting him up against mahomes who is insanely competitive.

In the end, that’s why kelce - a guy who isn’t as physically gifted as some of the all time great TEs including in his own teams history - still belongs in the conversation of all time greatest.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 21
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up