ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 198 of 435
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200201202208248298 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:19 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Why would one feel the need to call it out? New player, new coordinator, new scheme, new teammates, fighting injury and illness. Is it too much to ask to give him a half season or so before calling him out? What good does it do to jump the gun?
A 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, $100 million and the guy sucking complete shit for 7 weeks is reason enough in my book. The guys was supposed to be a stud, so I don't think he deserved any benefit of doubt. I don't think SNR was out of line in the least.

Thankfully, Clark turned back into what the Chiefs paid for in the 2nd half of the season because the entire deal looked pretty silly for a long while. That performance is what's expected of him every year for the entire season. That's how you end up being worth $100 million - getting near 15 sacks and shutting down the run. I hope he continues to bust his ass and be that player, going to need it in the playoffs.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:56 AM 12-30-2019
Lmao. All you dumb shits acting like Clark was playing good the first 2/3 of the season are clueless. You all notice now that he is playing like we hoped he would, you guys aren't coming up with a bunch of different excuses and posting absurd stats to prove he was good.

20% healthy? Gtfoh with that shit Frank
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:09 AM 12-30-2019
clark is a redass as well. He seemed really pissed how he was playing and playing hurt early. It seems like we got plenty of guys who love to play
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 01:21 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lmao. All you dumb shits acting like Clark was playing good the first 2/3 of the season are clueless. You all notice now that he is playing like we hoped he would, you guys aren't coming up with a bunch of different excuses and posting absurd stats to prove he was good.

20% healthy? Gtfoh with that shit Frank
Lmao at the dipshits that were declaring that he sucks way too early. Does he suck now? Gtfoh with that shit.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 09:26 AM 12-30-2019
spags has done a great job scheming to get him more 1v1's. A lost of protection schemes have focused on Jones which is letting the ends eat well. Having suggs/jones/clark plus spags sending an extra is a lot for any protection to handle.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:50 AM 12-30-2019
Sone of you guys will never be happy in life.

“But he didn’t wreck shit every week”

Dude was clearly hurting and was hurt in camp. He didn’t sit on the sideline for several weeks and milk it like Berry or Ford. He fucking played as much as he could until they forced him to sit out.
He fucking played through nerve damage AND severe sickness. The guy lost 12 lbs and played a few days later.

This defense has changed and a major part of it is bc of goddamn leadership. Veach fucking killed it with Clark and HB. They are 100% worth every penny.

They aren’t sitting on the couch saying “I’m not playing this week” for the 10th fuck all time. They aren’t having to be motivated by fucking JAG’s like Justin Houston’s sorry ass.

They are warriors and we needed warriors.

But hey guys. By all means. Tell us about how late 1st rd picks like LJ Collier would have been better than Frank :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 09:53 AM 12-30-2019
I had the integrity to admit I was wrong about the Chiefs not making the playoffs and took my lumps for it.

Some of you need to step up and do the same with Clark. You were just plain fucking wrong. Just like I was about going to the playoffs, largely based on how the defense was playing.
[Reply]
O.city 10:11 AM 12-30-2019
They weren't really wrong though, he wasn't good early.

Now, he was hurt and we know that now, so with that info, it changes things a bit. He's been awesome once he's healthy, so it's great.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:27 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Now, he was hurt and we know that now, so with that info, it changes things a bit. He's been awesome once he's healthy, so it's great.
Yes, they were. I said out defense was so shitty it would keep us out of the playoffs. That was before the first Denver game. Which coincidentally was the game Clark started balling.

I was wrong and so were they.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:31 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yes, they were. I said out defense was so shitty it would keep us out of the playoffs. That was before the first Denver game. Which coincidentally was the game Clark started balling.

But you were wrong-er. Wrong-est, really.
[Reply]
O.city 10:53 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:

They said he sucked early. He did suck early. It was because he was hurt, so they didn't have all the info.

You were wrong cause..well, I dunno why.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:09 PM 12-30-2019
It was too early to say he sucks. Same on Veach.

But I mean, the Chiefs have a history of talking up players that suck and trying to sell it to us as they are good. We're just a bunch of PTSD fans because of it.

Like for instance, I think Breeland Speaks sucks and will continue to think this until he plays well. But I gave it a year
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:18 PM 12-30-2019
A lot of things have gone about as good we could have hoped for since the early part of the season:

[Reply]
Eleazar 01:24 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Certainly he was not playing well the first half of the season but Clark was a proven commodity on the strength of his accomplishments in Seattle. He had 30+ sacks in 3 seasons coming in here. There was no question about whether he was good or not.

This is Overreaction Planet obviously, but there's a huge difference between someone who is struggling out of the gate with a new team and someone who ****ing sucks
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:32 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
A lot of things have gone about as good we could have hoped for since the early part of the season:
  • Clark apparently "doesn't suck" and won't be a huge free agent bust
  • Ward has developed into a very good corner
  • Our draft class is looking like one of the best ever - even w/o a first round pick
  • Kpass apparently is a decent player
  • Mahomes' miraculous recovery
  • Spags has our D playing at a level few would have predicted 2 months ago
  • No more o-line injuries
  • Mike Pennel came out of nowhere
  • We got Suggs
Should probably add Honey Badger to that list. Lot of CPers were unhappy about acquiring Tyrann at the beginning of the season, and more shit on him regularly after every game, citing ridiculous ideas such as "business decisions" until very recently.

As for the this thread, at this point I think it's become a rallying cry (at least it has for myself) rather than a disparagement. Now I'm inclined to post "Clark Sux!" after he makes a play in jest as often as I might post "Frank rocks" or whatever.

At any rate, I'm really glad that Frank's splash-play production has risen up to a CP-respectable level, and that the defense overall has also become a unit that the team can lean on. They've become a group that I want to see on the field rather than one that scares me when they have to go out there.
[Reply]
Page 198 of 435
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200201202208248298 > Last »
Up