Page 2 of 44
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:55 PM 02-10-2022
Serious question...

If depictions like this bother you so much, how in the world do you find ANYTHING to watch?

Not saying I agree with it but I've pretty much come to accept it because it's literally in EVERYTHING now, including commercials.

If you truly want to avoid all of it, there's pretty much nothing you can watch.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:06 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

If you truly want to avoid all of it, there's pretty much nothing you can watch.

And I know a few guys who actually do avoid it all together. They watch documentaries, and that's it
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:12 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
And I know a few guys who actually do avoid it all together. They watch documentaries, and that's it
Yuck!
[Reply]
tredadda 03:37 PM 02-10-2022
Yuck!
Oh my. Outside of Chiefs football, about all I watch are documentaries. My favorites are the history ones like Timeline. Might make me a nerd/dork, or whatever, but I love documentaries and especially ones about historical stuff.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:39 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Oh my. Outside of Chiefs football, about all I watch are documentaries. My favorites are the history ones like Timeline. Might make me a nerd/dork, or whatever, but I love documentaries and especially ones about historical stuff.
The problem is that a lot of historical documentaries are full of white-washing and post-modern revisionism too. You literally can't escape it anymore.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:54 PM 02-10-2022
Just seems dumb. They're not going to top those movies. What's the fucking point? :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:56 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just seems dumb. They're not going to top those movies. What's the fucking point? :-)
$$$
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:57 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just seems dumb. They're not going to top those movies. What's the ****ing point? :-)
Bezo has $187 Billion and he is a fan?:-)

He loses $1 billion on this, he shrugs. I still have $186 billion left.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:59 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Bezo has $100 Billion and he is a fan?:-)
Millions will watch and they won't care if it's accurate, woke, stupid, brilliant, etc.

It's Middle Earth. It's like churning out Star Wars or Marvel shows. Not all of them are great but all of them are popular. It's a top tier franchise.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:06 PM 02-10-2022
Millions will watch and they won't care if it's accurate, woke, stupid, brilliant, etc.

It's Middle Earth. It's like churning out Star Wars or Marvel shows. Not all of them are great but all of them are popular. It's a top tier franchise.
Yup. Plus with not a ton of source material, they can be loose with the story. Look at the abomination that Peter Jackson put out known as the Hobbit trilogy. He's excellent and still put out that trash in spite of source material. I fully expect this series to be just as bad, yet just as popular.
[Reply]
Third Eye 06:50 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Cant wait to see how "Woke" things were back in the dawn of creation...

They are going to royally **** this up...

It looks like the Dwarf queen is African American......you know, since dwarfs were pale-skinned with red hair....makes perfect casting sense.... maybe we can get a lecture on social equity overtly embedded in the story too. Cant wait...another "Wheel of Time" Amazon flop in the making.
Care to cite where Tolkien ever described the skin or hair color of dwarves? I don’t think you’re going to have much luck.

Even if he had, which he didn’t, how does that change anything with regards to the story? It has the same impact as a different color shirt. The fact that people care about the skin color of made up races is fucking bizarre.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:06 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Care to cite where Tolkien ever described the skin or hair color of dwarves? I don’t think you’re going to have much luck.

Even if he had, which he didn’t, how does that change anything with regards to the story? It has the same impact as a different color shirt. The fact that people care about the skin color of made up races is ****ing bizarre.
I dont care about their skin color per se...it's that they made obvious castings decisions BASED on race...which is "woke' behavior/equity.

Amazon did this with Wheel of Time also...and it didn't work. It felt forced and distracting...had to have a lesbian scene, gay characters...every racial demographic accounted for. Social inclusivity trumped making a quality product. It was propaganda embedded into a fantasy series..

I realize this concept may be confusing to some...
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:15 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I dont care about their skin color per se...it's that they made obvious castings decisions BASED on race...which is "woke' behavior/equity.

Amazon did this with Wheel of Time also...and it didn't work. It felt forced and distracting...had to have a lesbian scene, gay characters...every racial demographic accounted for. Social inclusivity trumped making a quality product. It was propaganda embedded into a fantasy series..

I realize this concept may be confusing to some...
Were you at the auditions? Do you know how each actor performed? How else can you be sure that the casting is based on race otherwise? Or are you suggesting that the non-white actors are inherently not as good and so them getting the role has to be based on wokeness?
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:23 PM 02-10-2022
Serious question...

If depictions like this bother you so much, how in the world do you find ANYTHING to watch?

Not saying I agree with it but I've pretty much come to accept it because it's literally in EVERYTHING now, including commercials.

I'm watching movies by A24...their current HBO series Euphoria has a black woman as the lead and doesn't feel forced. They actually have a hermaphrodite character...and a multi-cultural cast. Deals with homosexual aspects in a realistic way...

It's only when it's obviously forced and out of context...that it becomes racism veiled as inclusion/woke.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:27 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Were you at the auditions? Do you know how each actor performed? How else can you be sure that the casting is based on race otherwise? Or are you suggesting that the non-white actors are inherently not as good and so them getting the role has to be based on wokeness?
I'm not going to argue this further...watch it, I dont care. **** Amazon..

I'm just telling you, that miscasting is a red flare for calculated "wokeness".

Dont say you weren't warned...and temper your expectations.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 44
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up