ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 2678
« First < 25657172737475 76777879851251755751075 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:58 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
Using a teams win loss record to judge a QB is a faulty way of looking at them. Media like to give the QB all the credit for wins and it's stupid. Numerous national champ QBs couldn't make it the NFL and numerous great NFL QBs have had bad records some years. Lately Bree's and Rivers don't have great records but are very good? Hell yes. Luck is not having a good record the last two years but he is shit? Hell no. Tebow, Leak and Mclarin damn near never lost but are they NFL studs. Hell no. The list goes on and on.
Luck had a great winning record in college. Brees and Rivers won more games than Mahomes in college.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:59 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Just want to point out, because I haven't seen it anywhere on here and it's valuable info IMO... but last year Mahomes played the majority of the season with a broken left wrist. The year before he played through a knee injury.

He's a tough, gutsy SOB.
Also messed up his throwing shoulder during a running play against Kansas last year and it seemed to bother him the rest of the year. This is an area of the game he can improve on very easily. Stop lowering your shoulder and trying to run over people, etc.

I was glad to see Gruden make a big deal of that in the TV show with Pat. Take care of your body. It's the very least you can do to give yourself and your team a chance at success.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:01 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Help me see the big picture, I love the Mahomes pic but isn't our defense still suspect at defensive line and linebacker? I'm seeing the Dick Vermeil years all over again.
Mostly at ILB but Mauga returns and supposedly DJ will be back before camp. We'll have two semi-decent backups behind them.

Coaching staff must like Mitchell* considering we made no adjustments in the secondary
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:02 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That's the difference between Paxton Lynch and Pat Mahomes. IIRC Lynch didn't know anything about the pro style offense and was really really bad on the board at combine meetings. He also seemed aloof and spaced out.

Kingsbury was great for Pat and really helped him prepare for the NFL by doing full filed reads, changing plays/coverages and lining everybody up.
Link? You make a lot of crap up.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:02 PM 04-30-2017
Just want to point out, because I haven't seen it anywhere on here and it's valuable info IMO... but last year Mahomes played the majority of the season with a broken left wrist. The year before he played through a knee injury.

He's a tough, gutsy SOB.
But will he play with a lacerated spleen if it came to it? :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:02 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Mostly at ILB but Mauga returns and supposedly DJ will be back before camp. We'll have two semi-decent backups behind them.

Coaching staff must like Acker considering we made no adjustments in the secondary
Mauga isn't on the roster.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:03 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
But will he play with a lacerated spleen if it came to it? :-)
I don't know, I doubt it. Alex didn't, so who gives a f**k?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:07 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Link? You make a lot of crap up.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mob-art-vid-16

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...nderlic-2016-4
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:08 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Lynch is a joke.

Thus draft should slso end the notion that they wanted that turd last year. They saw a stud and went and got him.
Gonna be fun when the Broncos start clowning kc again. Kelly is a better prospect than Mahomes and we got him in the 7th round.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:09 PM 04-30-2017
I don't know, I doubt it. Alex didn't, so who gives a f**k?
I'm just playing dude. I like you Pugs don't get me wrong with all the debating we've had.

It's Clay I love Geno Smith, Dayze, sweet dumbass hate, Inmem, Pawn, Buns, Coochise, RunKC that I think are the uneducated morons
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:09 PM 04-30-2017

Clutch finds. I thought I remembered those reports too.

To me, that's the difference in Dorsey and Reid pulling the trigger on the trade this year and not doing it in previous years. Mahomes must have checked all their boxes.
[Reply]
notorious 09:09 PM 04-30-2017
Come on RJ, you can troll better than that. Get creative. You know we appreciate a noble effort.
[Reply]
Buzz 09:12 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You see talent like Eric Warfield as our #1 CB, Duane Clemons as our best pass rusher, and John Browning as our best DT? You see old farts Ray Crockett and Glenn Cadrez? You see Greg ****ing Robinson? You see illustrious draft picks like Eric Downing, Ryan Sims, Junior Siavii? You see fans going apeshit over shitty free agents like Shaun Barber and Dexter McCleon? You see fans SCREAMING at the team to put in preseason heroes like Rich Scanlon and R-Kal Truluck just because they look great in preseason and because they can't be any worse than the shit we've currently got on the field?

You have no hope of seeing the big picture, dude. You're blind as a bat.

Yes, I see an aging defense right now with the hope of injured returning players to shore it up. It concerns me going forward.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:15 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Yes, I see an aging defense right now with the hope of injured returning players to shore it up. It concerns me going forward.
I'm worried about OLB/ILB, special teams going into 2018. The D-line is going without Poe and Howard but I'm hopeful that Logan and Jones will carry most of the weight. What this team needs is for Houston to play up to his expectation/salary. And Maclin to return to form. You get those two things and everything else falls into place.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:17 PM 04-30-2017

He seemed aloof and didn't do well on the white board according to some scouts. Aloof is a lot different than spaced out.
[Reply]
Page 75 of 2678
« First < 25657172737475 76777879851251755751075 > Last »
Up