ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 565 of 2678
« First < 65465515555561562563564565 56656756856957561566510651565 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Coogs 08:20 AM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Watched every play of his again.

The good
-he identified blitzes almost every time and knew
What to do. He knew to throw to the single covered WR (Robinson), he knew to change the play to a crossing route (Wilson) and he just seemed to understand the defensive alignments and scheme. This was by far his most impressive showing today as he didn’t do this at all in preseason.
-pocket presence was amazing. He just knows when to move around to buy extra time.
-He stayed in the pocket far more than he did in preseason. He didn’t look like his first reaction to pressure was rolling out of the pocket. Loved that.

The bad

-still needs to work on his mechhanics. He’ll get better but he needs to focus on improving those all offseason.
-he still tries too hard to make big plays when he doesn’t have to. The INT was a perfect example. 1st down and he’s trying to force something. It’s okay to throw it away if a play isn’t there.
Also the Harris deep throw on the last drive was his worst play of the game IMO. He just ran around in the pocket and just launched it 50 yards into double coverage and was almost picked off.
Relax my man. 1:30 left in the game and you are at the Denver 43 only needing a FG. No need to go for it all.

Overall I would give him a B. He is an amazing talent and I think he’ll be ready to go next year.
I was at the game. The pass with 1:30 left in the game. Harris was 2 steps in the clear about the 25 yard line or so. With no coverage behind him. It was an easy TD. Something must have happened on the pass/release, because it wasn't a poor decision. The end just looked bad.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:01 PM 01-01-2018

Mahomes graded a 79.9 yesterday. For some context, he was our highest graded QB in preseason (81.5), and his rating yesterday would put him QB18 on the year if he had enough snaps to qualify (Jared Goff current QB18 w/ 79.8).

— Tyler Buecher (@TylerBuecher) January 1, 2018

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:29 PM 01-01-2018
"After watching @Chiefs play the @Broncos, @PatrickMahomes5 was truly worth a #1 draft pick! Talent is undeniable - great aggressive throws! - @PhilSimmsQB"
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:44 PM 01-01-2018

[Reply]
SAUTO 05:49 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Watched every play of his again.

The good
-he identified blitzes almost every time and knew
What to do. He knew to throw to the single covered WR (Robinson), he knew to change the play to a crossing route (Wilson) and he just seemed to understand the defensive alignments and scheme. This was by far his most impressive showing today as he didn’t do this at all in preseason.
-pocket presence was amazing. He just knows when to move around to buy extra time.
-He stayed in the pocket far more than he did in preseason. He didn’t look like his first reaction to pressure was rolling out of the pocket. Loved that.

The bad

-still needs to work on his mechhanics. He’ll get better but he needs to focus on improving those all offseason.
-he still tries too hard to make big plays when he doesn’t have to. The INT was a perfect example. 1st down and he’s trying to force something. It’s okay to throw it away if a play isn’t there.
Also the Harris deep throw on the last drive was his worst play of the game IMO. He just ran around in the pocket and just launched it 50 yards into double coverage and was almost picked off.
Relax my man. 1:30 left in the game and you are at the Denver 43 only needing a FG. No need to go for it all.

Overall I would give him a B. He is an amazing talent and I think he’ll be ready to go next year.
On the int the play WAS there, the wr was wide open, the throw sailed on him. He wasn't forcing it, he was trying to take what the defense was giving him
[Reply]
frozenchief 05:53 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
On the int the play WAS there, the wr was wide open, the throw sailed on him. He wasn't forcing it, he was trying to take what the defense was giving him
I wonder if the ball was really cold and got away from him. I really don't know but it looked like the pass just got away from him.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:54 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
I wonder if the ball was really cold and got away from him. I really don't know but it looked like the pass just got away from him.
I think he was just overthrowing early on. He was amped up.
[Reply]
O.city 05:55 PM 01-01-2018
Looked like he was just pumped up and tried to throw it 2 million miles per hour
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:56 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Looked like he was just pumped up and tried to throw it 2 million miles per hour
Adrenaline
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:02 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
He did start showing some touch later, especially the pass near midfield to Wilson. The throw in the endzone to Robinson, with a hair of touch on it, was a TD.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:04 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I haven't seen a single report that even hints he's spoiled or sheltered. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just haven't heard anything at all like that.
Quit being a candyass with him, he is wrong as two Boy Scouts ****ing

He used to be somewhat entertaining, like watching a retard pet a dog for the first time... but its clearly time for the woodchipper for that little weasel
[Reply]
RedRaider56 06:10 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by Callaway:
We absolutely squandered his talent. I'm not even joking, our defense was ranked last in the FCS when he was there. Opposing team was virtually guaranteed to score each possession. I think we had at least three different DCs during his tenure. He literally carried the team on his back each game. Most of them were much, much closer than the final score indicates, due to his unwillingness to lose. Kingsbury can eval QB talent and coach them, and is one hell of an OC/offensive talent recruiter, but he still has way to go as a head coach. To his credit, he took over a cluster **** of a program that has been in disarray since we lost Mike Leach, and Tuberville subsequently ran it into the ground.

Ironically we finally turned the D around this year, just in time for the ship to have sailed. I truly believe we could have been a NC threat if Pat had stayed one more year. He made the right call though, and landed with the right team.
WORD...
I don't think Tech would have been a NC threat but we would have been in a helluva nice bowl game
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:46 PM 01-01-2018
"I just watched @Chiefs @PatrickMahomes5 NFL debut and I declare that he along with the young guns of @cj_wentz @JimmyG_10 @deshaunwatson @JaredGoff16 NFL loading up on QB talent." - @BaldyNFL (Brian Baldinger)

https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/947991661099016193
[Reply]
Black Bob 08:46 PM 01-01-2018
The good - he made the two best throws of the Chiefs season.

The bad - in a nustshell there was more bad than good. That's pretty much the story of Mahomes in every game I've watched. You could talk about footwork, mechanics, decision making etc. but, it was the same as always. More bad than good.

Maybe he's grown a little? Hard to tell honestly. I still think he needs to sit another year.

Right now he's as boom or bust as it gets. Time will help the odds for "boom" emmensely.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:47 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
The good - he made the two best throws of the Chiefs season.

The bad - there was more bad than good. That's pretty much the story of Mahomes in every game I've watched.

Maybe he's grown a little? Hard to tell honestly. I still think he needs to sit another year.

Right now he's as boom or bust as it gets. Time will help the odds for "boom" emmensely.
Troll and an idiot
[Reply]
Page 565 of 2678
« First < 65465515555561562563564565 56656756856957561566510651565 > Last »
Up