ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2245 of 2687
« First < 1245174521452195223522412242224322442245 2246224722482249225522952345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:31 PM 08-24-2022
Seth Keysor: Patrick Mahomes film review; Methodology for QB play and the fire-breathing dragon

A primer on how we'll examine Mahomes' snaps this year and looking at his absurdly high level of play Saturday.
Spoiler!

https://mnchiefsfan.substack.com/p/p...ew-methodology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Wallymo 01:34 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
It feels so great to know we're going to be in contention pretty much every year.

Wouldn't trade places with any other fanbase. We're going to be so spoiled after Mahomes' run is over
I'm 51 and waited my whole life for football Jesus. #blest
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:01 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
wylie looks better

Wylie looked exceptional on Saturday.

Not in a 'hey, this G is making it work okay at RT!" sort of way but rather in a "Damn, are we gonna be able afford this guy next season if he keeps playing like this?" sort of way.

He looked like a genuinely good RT against a DL that is no joke. Washington isn't a good team, but they have a hell of a talented defensive line and Wylie stood out in a big way against them.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:08 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Not in a 'hey, this G is making it work okay at RT!" sort of way but rather in a "Damn, are we gonna be able afford this guy next season if he keeps playing like this?" sort of way.

He looked like a genuinely good RT against a DL that is no joke. Washington isn't a good team, but they have a hell of a talented defensive line and Wylie stood out in a big way against them.
:-) O'City posted yesterday, I think in the Pacheco thread, that KC cant afford to keep running Wylie out there at RT and I was thinking WTF is he talking about.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:09 PM 08-24-2022

Yeah I think Wylie and Watson might be some key guys to extend if they keep up their trajectory. Wylie just turned 28 a few days ago so he’s not exactly old by any means. Maybe a nice 3 year extension would be best if he’s worth it.

Give ‘Em a nice pay raise which would still be a steal.
[Reply]
TLO 02:10 PM 08-24-2022
I for one am glad for the lack of Jackson Mahomes posts in this thread. At least recently.
[Reply]
O.city 02:12 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-) O'City posted yesterday, I think in the Pacheco thread, that KC cant afford to keep running Wylie out there at RT and I was thinking WTF is he talking about.
He wasn't very good in Chicago in game 1. Limited action though.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:29 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
It feels so great to know we're going to be in contention pretty much every year.

Wouldn't trade places with any other fanbase. We're going to be so spoiled after Mahomes' run is over
And just think, he has a boy bun in the oven.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:34 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
He wasn't very good in Chicago in game 1. Limited action though.
I think it was Eli that once said "My bad just can't be that bad...."

Ultimately that's the difference between solid players and roster fodder. Great players are just good all the time. Solid players are occasionally good, occasionally below average.

But even BAD NFL players are capable of occasionally being good. The issue is that when they aren't good, they're a disaster. Whereas when Wylie isn't good, he's just kinda meh.

Who's that guy the Cowboys signed from us a few years back? Former 1st rounder that Direkshun I believe had a hard-on for and we ended up trading like a 5th for him 2 years later. Cameron Erving, right? He's a perfect example.

Erving, when he was good, was just fine. But man, when he wasn't good, he was a damn turnstile out there. He couldn't lose gracefully. Wylie can. Wylie is occasionally good and when he isn't, he's still largely tolerable.

That's an adequate NFL player and if his good reps continue to outweight his 'meh' reps, that's an NFL starting caliber player.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:35 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
He just wants to trade draft picks for for an expensive veteran and simultaneously pump off a 7th round RB.

Pay him no nevermind.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:54 PM 08-24-2022
Pre-Season pass attempts….

Rogers, Wilson, Carr, Herbert, Allen and Dak = 3

Mahomes = 26

Reid does it differently
[Reply]
O.city 03:55 PM 08-24-2022
I think it was Eli that once said "My bad just can't be that bad...."

Ultimately that's the difference between solid players and roster fodder. Great players are just good all the time. Solid players are occasionally good, occasionally below average.

But even BAD NFL players are capable of occasionally being good. The issue is that when they aren't good, they're a disaster. Whereas when Wylie isn't good, he's just kinda meh.

Who's that guy the Cowboys signed from us a few years back? Former 1st rounder that Direkshun I believe had a hard-on for and we ended up trading like a 5th for him 2 years later. Cameron Erving, right? He's a perfect example.

Erving, when he was good, was just fine. But man, when he wasn't good, he was a damn turnstile out there. He couldn't lose gracefully. Wylie can. Wylie is occasionally good and when he isn't, he's still largely tolerable.

That's an adequate NFL player and if his good reps continue to outweight his 'meh' reps, that's an NFL starting caliber player.
Yeah, I think he's fine. I was wrong before, I'd still look at upgrades if one presented itself.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:04 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Pre-Season pass attempts….

Rogers, Wilson, Carr, Herbert, Allen and Dak = 3

Mahomes = 26

Reid does it differently
I think he threw like 16 passes against Washington. Reid was just letting it hang out there...
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:29 PM 08-24-2022
QB for the KC Chiefs
[Reply]
KC Hawks 04:35 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
QB for the KC Chiefs
That's true now that you mention it
[Reply]
Page 2245 of 2687
« First < 1245174521452195223522412242224322442245 2246224722482249225522952345 > Last »
Up