ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 156 of 2680
« First < 56106146152153154155156 1571581591601662062566561156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Dante84 09:44 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
No it's a terrible song please stop suggesting it
AH
AHHH
AHHHH

AHHHHHHH
AHH
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:45 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Man I hope mahones turns into at least a serviceable starter or some of you brothers are going to be on suicide watch.
Oh dont you worry, he'll do all of that and more :-)
[Reply]
BossChief 09:47 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Man I hope mahones turns into at least a serviceable starter or some of you brothers are going to be on suicide watch.
I'm expecting a ton of INTs in the first year he starts and for that # to be cut in half his second year on the field.
[Reply]
threebag 09:52 AM 05-12-2017
Good thing we have Alex so we can win a lot of games while we wait.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:56 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Please never use Blacklege and PM2 in the same sentence again- it took us 34 years to break that curse. :-)
I'm curious as to why we have a filter for "the kicker who shall go nameless" or whatever and not one for brokedick, er, I mean Blackledge
[Reply]
vailpass 09:59 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I'm expecting a ton of INTs in the first year he starts and for that # to be cut in half his second year on the field.
Only way to learn it is to do it. Pro QB needs 2-3 years as a starter to find his stride and slow the game down.
[Reply]
threebag 10:01 AM 05-12-2017
Todd was suppose to be the second coming of Christ.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:56 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I'm curious as to why we have a filter for "the kicker who shall go nameless" or whatever and not one for brokedick, er, I mean Blackledge
Blackledge was drafted by a team that was not relevant for a decade, lacked talent, poor coaching and will always be linked to the mistake of not taking Marino. There were a lot of factors in his demise.

That kicker, who stills haunts my nightmares- was playing on a SB caliber team. He single-footedly lost us a home playoff game against a lesser opponent that had no business winning that game. All the fans, like myself, that stood out there during the arctic weather (one of the coldest games on record) were almost too stunned to feel the cold. Our defense was ferocious and would have ranked as one of the best in SB history. :-) It is the most heartbreaking loss I have ever experienced at Arrowhead- and that says a lot considering our history of choking in the playoffs. Worst of the worst and not a close second.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:19 PM 05-12-2017
Blackledge was drafted by a team that was not relevant for a decade, lacked talent, poor coaching and will always be linked to the mistake of not taking Marino. There were a lot of factors in his demise.

That kicker, who stills haunts my nightmares- was playing on a SB caliber team. He single-footedly lost us a home playoff game against a lesser opponent that had no business winning that game. All the fans, like myself, that stood out there during the arctic weather (one of the coldest games on record) were almost too stunned to feel the cold. Our defense was ferocious and would have ranked as one of the best in SB history. :-) It is the most heartbreaking loss I have ever experienced at Arrowhead- and that says a lot considering our history of choking in the playoffs. Worst of the worst and not a close second.
Good take. I personally will never forgive Marty for not rolling with Gannon in 97. He was kicking ass but of course instead of thinking about the moment he chose the investment. We would have won it all that year in my opinion.

I have stopped cussing Marty's name every day since he has medical problems. He doesn't deserve them.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:27 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Hmm back tracking on your assessment already

Originally Posted by threebag02:
Good thing we have Alex so we can win a lot of games while we wait.
:-)
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:32 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by nychief:
Can I just say...2PM is an idiotic nickname.
Agreed.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:37 PM 05-12-2017
Halfcan, I am full aware of the history. Just hate them both equally I guess? :-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:39 PM 05-12-2017

As much as I despise that kicker, I also will never forgive Marty/Hackett for putting the ball in the hands of Bono on an arctic day instead of feeding Marcus Allen more, especially when the Colts were without their run-stopper Tony Siragusa. Give Allen more carries (and Bono fewer INTs), and maybe we don't need to line up for FGs to win that game, especially since EVERYBODY already knew going into the game that the kicker was struggling.

And yeah, that loss is my second all-time worst sports memory, behind the Royals' 1977 ALCS Game 5 choke.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:42 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
Good take. I personally will never forgive Marty for not rolling with Gannon in 97. He was kicking ass but of course instead of thinking about the moment he chose the investment. We would have won it all that year in my opinion.

I have stopped cussing Marty's name every day since he has medical problems. He doesn't deserve them.
Gannon had the "It" quality that many say PM2 has. I agree with Everything in your post! It was a hard pill to swallow watching him go to the Faiders and make them a SB team.

In the history of the Chiefs- dumping Gannon has to be a top five worst mistake by the franchise.

When you look at the DT years- it is amazing that we ended up with Zero rings. I mean they used to just punish teams.

Remember when DT hit Steve Young so hard he was puking on the field?

Remember when DT sacked Horseface in the snow and made him limp off the field. Remember that little bitch crying about the crowd noise because he was so scared of our Defense?

Remember the flyover game when DT dominated and set a new sack record?

Remember the games where our Defense basically ended the careers of Leaf and Marinobitch?

Yep- Zero rings for it. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:51 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
As much as I despise that kicker, I also will never forgive Marty/Hackett for putting the ball in the hands of Bono on an arctic day instead of feeding Marcus Allen more, especially when the Colts were without their run-stopper Tony Siragusa. Give Allen more carries (and Bono fewer INTs), and maybe we don't need to line up for FGs to win that game, especially since EVERYBODY already knew going into the game that the kicker was struggling.

And yeah, that loss is my second all-time worst sports memory, behind the Royals' 1977 ALCS Game 5 choke.
Exactly, I never understood the whole game plan from the start. The wind was awful and not conducive to a breakout passing day for Bono. Plus you have -IMO one of the greatest 3rd down backs in history with Marcus and he is Not getting the ball as much as the weather should have dictated.

We should have grounded and pounded the Colts to a win- instead, of...well you know the end of the story. :-)
[Reply]
Page 156 of 2680
« First < 56106146152153154155156 1571581591601662062566561156 > Last »
Up