ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>NFBT: Any guitarists out there?
nmt1 01:42 PM 03-05-2002
Hey guys:

Just starting out on the guitar and I'm wanting to buy an electric. I don't have much money and would like to find one that would be cheap and good for a beginner. I've seen some Fender and Ibanez guitars that aren't expensive. Any suggestions?
[Reply]
headsnap 10:21 AM 05-01-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Lzen
Can't go wrong with a Marshall. :-)

Chad,
wishes he had a Marshall. :-)
what do you have in your rig?
[Reply]
Pennywise 10:29 AM 05-01-2002
you are dangerous now man...

i bet that little bastard will still get loud enough to piss the neighbors off
[Reply]
nmt1 10:32 AM 05-01-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by PennyWise
you are dangerous now man...

i bet that little bastard will still get loud enough to piss the neighbors off
It is pretty loud. I try to play when they aren't home. No complaints yet. I got some headphones yesterday. I'll probably plug them in if I'm gonna practice later in the evening.
[Reply]
Pennywise 01:15 PM 05-01-2002
Movie
[Reply]
HC_Chief 01:21 PM 05-01-2002
Marshall?

Blecch. They sound like crap. If you want a real amp, go w/ Mesa Boogie! :-)

Triple Rectifier is the baddest tube amp on the market.
Stay away from solid-state garbage... sounds 'tinny'.
[Reply]
nmt1 01:40 PM 05-01-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by HC_Chief
Marshall?

Blecch. They sound like crap. If you want a real amp, go w/ Mesa Boogie! :-)

Triple Rectifier is the baddest tube amp on the market.
Stay away from solid-state garbage... sounds 'tinny'.
When I'm in the market for a big one, I'll keep that in mind. The Marshall is just for practicing.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 02:26 PM 05-01-2002
Yeah, I saw that... those mini-amps are pretty kewl :-)

When you're ready for a head/cabinet combo(ie 'stack'), definitely save your pennies & invest in Mesa Boogie. They may cost a little bit more, but they're worth it. By far the best equipment in the biz (excluding custom design)
[Reply]
Lzen 02:39 PM 05-01-2002
HC,
I've played on Marshall and I've heard Mesa. I like Marshall but, I'd have to agree with you on the Mesa Boogie. Of course, that triple rectifier runs about $2500 for a half stack. I don't have that kinda dough. :-)

Headsnap,
My practice amp is a little Peavey Blazer(don't remember how many watts). Solid state kinda sucks arse. I have a Rogue Tube Rider 100 watt half stack. Nice power and decent sound. Its no Marshall or Mesa but, it rocks. I also play through a Digitech RP2000 effects processor.
Attached: rogue tube rider half stack.jpg (21.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Pennywise 09:07 AM 05-11-2002
To hell with the guitar, be a roadie...

www.roadie.net
[Reply]
philfree 01:42 PM 06-15-2002
I'm no Guitarist....I can play a couple of bar chords and a riff or two but after about ten minutes I've exhuasted my repitiour. (sp)

My wife and daughter........they do spoil me..........for Fathers Day I just a got a Gibson Les Paul Epiphone and a Marshall Valvestate 2000 Amp.........Wow I still haven't gotten my jaw off the floor where it landed when they told me to open my eyes.......:-)

PhilFree:-)
~vows to learn to play pretty love songs for his wife~
[Reply]
DaMook 01:59 PM 06-15-2002
Phill log onto http://www.guitartabs.cc/home.php they have just about every kind of music trancribed to simple chords and tablature, very easy to read. You could be wowing your wife with that love song tonight.

Try this one, my Fiance loves it:In Your Eyes
[Reply]
philfree 02:10 PM 06-15-2002
Thanks DaMook, I will definately check it out.

PhilFree:-)
~"Giddy as a school girl"~
[Reply]
melbar 04:00 PM 06-15-2002
I know I'm getting in here late, but I own several guitars, and although the Ibanez and Fender guitars are both great , I would lean toward the Fender. Its a little "chunkier" for learning chords whethere you go with the strat or a tele. I would say the Strat is probably one of the most versitile guitars around. Thats why its been around so long , and coppied so often.

Of course it doesnt hurt to learn on an acoustic....
[Reply]
tk13 04:14 PM 06-15-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by DaMook
Phill log onto http://www.guitartabs.cc/home.php they have just about every kind of music trancribed to simple chords and tablature, very easy to read. You could be wowing your wife with that love song tonight.

Try this one, my Fiance loves it:In Your Eyes
Who's the Jeffrey Gaines that's the artist of this song? The original version of this song was done by Peter Gabriel. I'm a big Gabriel fan, but I wasn't aware that someone had done a cover of that song.
[Reply]
DaMook 01:33 AM 06-16-2002
QUOTE]Who's the Jeffrey Gaines that's the artist of this song? The original version of this song was done by Peter Gabriel. I'm a big Gabriel fan, but I wasn't aware that someone had done a cover of that song.[/QUOTE]

It is a pretty good cover, IMO, just Gaines in a bar or something with a guitar picking and grinning. I have never heard any of his other work. And it is easy to play, but sounds quite impressive.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up