ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Hall of Classics>Girl defeeted by Six Flags ride
Sam Hall 09:00 PM 06-21-2007
Girl's feet severed on ride at Six Flags in Kentucky
POSTED: 10:36 p.m. EDT, June 21, 2007

(CNN) -- A girl's feet were cut off Thursday when a free-fall thrill ride malfunctioned at the Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park in Louisville, Kentucky, police said.

A cord wrapped around the 16-year-old's feet and severed them at her ankles while she was on the "Superman Tower of Power," a police dispatcher said. The girl was taken to a local hospital.

"That could have been all of us -- riding that ride," Whitney Sandfer, who witnessed the accident, told CNN affiliate WDRB/WMYO.

The incident took place shortly before 5 p.m. ET, according to Six Flags spokeswoman Wendy Goldberg. The park remained open, but the ride in question was shut down and will remain so until the full investigation is complete, Goldberg said.

During the ride, passengers are lifted to 177 feet, suspended momentarily and then dropped, according to the park's Web site.

Passengers drop 154 feet at 54 mph, stopping "just 20 terrifying feet above the pavement," it adds.

"I seen the car go up. Then, like, the cable broke, I heard -- pwchh -- and I heard a lot of people screaming," Chris Stinnett, who was at a ride next to the Superman Tower of Power, told WDRB/WMYO.

"The cable went under the car -- and I seen it pull up and hit a lot of people -- and I seen them bring their legs up," Stinnett said.

The ride was introduced in 1995.
[Reply]
Silock 10:17 AM 06-23-2007
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
heh...You're all going to hell...
Tell me about it. The poor girl is probably in pieces over the whole ordeal.
[Reply]
milkman 10:48 AM 06-23-2007
When the investigation is over, if they conclude that the accident was the result of operator error, will they fire the operator and give him severance pay?
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:42 PM 06-23-2007
Originally Posted by Silock:
Tell me about it. The poor girl is probably in pieces over the whole ordeal.
Actually, the hospital reported that she seemed strangely detached.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:31 PM 06-23-2007
Originally Posted by milkman:
When the investigation is over, if they conclude that the accident was the result of operator error, will they fire the operator and give him severance pay?
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:48 PM 06-23-2007
Originally Posted by Oh Snap:
Your opinion bub..... And your yelling into the wind.. Was what I said uncalled for? Maybe... but...Making fun of another persons misfortune of this magnitude is distasteful and uncalled for...any civilized person would know better....You would have a better arguement if you were saying im just as bad as the peeps that are having fun with this poor girls misfortune as you are...(however I wasnt the one who started it:-) I think its some what justified)I unlike many here in this very thread can think for myself...i didnt get off to torturing small animals when i was young either...still dont...I dont take pride and neither do i get off to making "funnys" about some girl getting both of her feet sawed off. Now how does that sound? Ya god dammed inbred hicks!
It's called Schadenfreude. Life is too short to not make funny jokes about a story like this.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:49 PM 06-23-2007
It wasn't the girl's fault, either. I hope she doesn't shoot herself in the foot over this
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:55 PM 06-23-2007
Originally Posted by SNR:
It's called Schadenfreude. Life is too short to not make funny jokes about a story like this.
So is the girl now.

(I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry.)
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 03:22 PM 06-23-2007
Originally Posted by Oh Snap:
No but im sure that wouldnt stop anyone here from poking fun at it..People here seem to like to see others in pain..
You can understand why to some extent. After all, we are Chief fans.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:37 PM 06-23-2007
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
So is the girl now.

(I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry.)
:-)
[Reply]
Sam Hall 05:09 PM 06-23-2007
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Elephantiasis?
DEAR GOD NO :-)
[Reply]
greg63 05:28 PM 06-23-2007
I wonder how long it took Six Flags attorneys to propose a settlement.
[Reply]
milkman 05:34 PM 06-23-2007
Originally Posted by greg63:
I wonder how long it took Six Flags attorneys to propose a settlement.
That's a defeetest attitude.
[Reply]
greg63 05:39 PM 06-23-2007
Originally Posted by milkman:
That's a defeetest attitude.
I would make reference to the "agony of de-feet", but I'm sure it has already been mentioned.
[Reply]
65 to Bust 06:09 PM 06-23-2007
This place just isn't the same since that Phil guy left. You guys are really slacking. Not one of you posted about what will happen if the operation does not succeed. When those medical freaks get done with her she'll be the queen of strapons.
[Reply]
unothadeal 06:12 PM 06-23-2007
Originally Posted by 65 to Bust:
This place just isn't the same since that Phil guy left. You guys are really slacking. Not one of you posted about what will happen if the operation does not succeed. When those medical freaks get done with her she'll be the queen of strapons.
Yeah. I miss that Phil guy. Wish he came back.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up