ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Media Center>Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever (2022)
Tribal Warfare 09:04 PM 07-23-2022

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:40 AM 02-09-2023
It was okay. Same Issues others have mentioned.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:56 AM 02-09-2023
Saw it at the theater and watched it again the other nite.. Still just meh for me.. Especially don’t like the take off on the Ironman or woman suit.. If they are replacing Ironman with this bullshit I am out..
[Reply]
Fish 11:34 AM 02-09-2023
Well, it wasn't as bad as Eternals. But it was close. For a superhero movie, this movie lacked heroism. Shuri just didn't really cut it as a protagonist. No other superheroes around, which felt really strange. Namor was a weird antagonist. I've always laughed at the idea that the ruler of the ocean has tiny wings on his ankles. Even for comic standards that's just such a head scratcher. Not to mention being probably the most awkward and uncontrollable way to use wings to fly. But anyway... The acting was pretty dull in many spots. Overall, I thought it was disappointing compared to the original.

Would have liked to see a Killmonger resurrection/redemption storyline instead. That would have been much better.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:05 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Saw it at the theater and watched it again the other nite.. Still just meh for me.. Especially don’t like the take off on the Ironman or woman suit.. If they are replacing Ironman with this bullshit I am out..
Riri is iron heart in the comics ahs is a likable character that will get her own series. If you're talking about the Wakanda suits yeah I'm not a fan.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:06 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Well, it wasn't as bad as Eternals. But it was close. For a superhero movie, this movie lacked heroism. Shuri just didn't really cut it as a protagonist. No other superheroes around, which felt really strange. Namor was a weird antagonist. I've always laughed at the idea that the ruler of the ocean has tiny wings on his ankles. Even for comic standards that's just such a head scratcher. Not to mention being probably the most awkward and uncontrollable way to use wings to fly. But anyway... The acting was pretty dull in many spots. Overall, I thought it was disappointing compared to the original.

Would have liked to see a Killmonger resurrection/redemption storyline instead. That would have been much better.
I liked Namor, but also didn't care for shuri as BP even though she is in the comics at one point. I still think she's best in the spot she's at and would've preferred Nakia or someone else take over BP. Definitely missed Boseman...and hope they recast in the future.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:21 PM 02-09-2023
I did enjoy the first meeting between Namor and Shuri/the Queen.

I thought he was spitting some facts. You revealed the existence of vibranium to the world, which caused the surface world to attempt to find it in the ocean, endangering my people. I need you to help me fix it by killing this scientist.

Their reaction was like no, straight up, we will murder you right now for even being here.

I mean, it's kind of fucked up, but not an unreasonable request. We sacrifice the few for the needs of the many all the time.

I was sympathetic but then he just totally flipped at the end and wanted to genocide the surface world.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up