Page 4830 of 4830
« First < 3830433047304780482048264827482848294830
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:35 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I guess I am in the minority of Chiefs fans who hate that Denver drafted Nix and Franklin.

I look at Nix, and I think about Drew Brees. There isn't a single thing that Brees could do physically, that Nix doesn't do as well or better.

I am not saying that Nix is going to be Drew Brees, but Sean Payton took a relatively weak armed, short QB with little mobility, and turned him into a HOFer who may be the best player in NFL history to never win an MVP, so I don't get why people are so confident Nix won't be successful.
I think Bo Nix will be a decently productive QB bc he has Sean Payton. But they aren’t getting over us, and it’s iffy if they get past the Chargers too.

Remember 2013 and 2014 when Andy had Alex and couldn’t beat Peyton Manning? Yeah it’s gonna look like that. They’ll eventually be a wild card playoff team that is capped at the divisional rd like we were with Alex bc Stroud and Mahomes aren’t getting beaten by Nix in January and that’s not including Burrow and Allen.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 10:41 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think Bo Nix will be a decently productive QB bc he has Sean Payton. But they aren’t getting over us, and it’s iffy if they get past the Chargers too.

Remember 2013 and 2014 when Andy had Alex and couldn’t beat Peyton Manning? Yeah it’s gonna look like that. They’ll eventually be a wild card playoff team that is capped at the divisional rd like we were with Alex bc Stroud and Mahomes aren’t getting beaten by Nix in January and that’s not including Burrow and Allen.
Noted. :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:32 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Noted. :-)
Noted indeed.

Mahomes would get his shit pushed in and you would be begging for Alex. That's not a knock on Mahomes (I am sure he'll have a fine career), but just stating the obvious that rookies are fugging rookies. And rookies do rookie things, and any rookie doing otherwise is an outlier.
I'm going to chuckle when you guys put Deuce in and he doesn't light it up right away seemingly performs worse than Smith and then you guys lose patience with him.

[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Who are they going to bring in to significantly address the pass rush? What are they going to do with Peters? Who is going to replace DJ?

The Chiefs were built to compete in 2015-2017. Just like Denver went all-out from 2012-2015. The Chiefs are going to need to have one or two down years to restock/develop before they're ready to compete again.
Lmfao.

This take came right before Mahomes took over as starter.

Those “down years” were the Chiefs winning the West and going to the AFCCG EVERY year with 3 Lombardis.

Hell of a prediction.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Lmfao.

Those “down years” were the Chiefs winning the West and going to the AFCCG EVERY year with 3 Lombardis.

Hell of a prediction.
He's CP's very own Nostradumbass
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:55 AM Today
Uhoh :-)

Dungvers draft got the 31st of 32 teams draft grade.

31. Denver Broncos

Favorite pick: Jonah Elliss, Edge, Utah

The Broncos have a glut of pass rushers in their rotation, but Elliss makes the unit even stronger. Although he was a little “out of sight, out of mind” this process after undergoing shoulder surgery in the fall, he is a disruptive presence with upfield explosion and violent hands.

Day 3 pick who could surprise: Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon

Although I wasn’t a fan of what the Broncos did in the first round, reuniting Franklin with his college quarterback is smart drafting. Franklin, who has inconsistencies in his game, was overrated by many throughout the process, but there’s a good chance he winds up looking like a steal. He has legit speed before and after the catch and can make an immediate impact as a rookie.

https://theathletic.com/5454505/2024...picks-by-team/

So many glowing reviews of the Dollar General’s draft. I think they should offer him a 10 year extension at this point.

:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:25 AM Today
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Lmfao.

Hell of a prediction.
Broncos have needed 8 down years of tanking to get them a roster of Bo Nix and a bag of turds
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:39 AM Today
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Nix was 62 of 91 on passes of 10-19 yards for 1,169 yards, 16 touchdowns and one interception for a passing grade of 94.7. His passing grade on attempts 20+ yards downfield was 95.5 (26 of 51 for 999 yards, 13 TD, 2 INT).

His passing grade on deep throws (20+ yards) was tied with Caleb Williams. He was No. 1 in college football on intermediate throws (10-19 yards) with a 94.7 grade. For context, Drake Maye's grade on intermediate throws was 83.8 and Williams' grade was 78.0.

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringme...at-quarterback
Didn’t you learn from the times you compared stats between Mahomes and Wilson? :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:45 AM Today
College stats :-)

I knew Mahomes would be great due to the insane plays he made on a team that had far less talent most weeks than their opponent. Dude was out there playing out of his mind every week. Bo played on a team that could win with Clay at QB most weeks. Dude was a laughinstock in the SEC against superior teams
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Uhoh :-)

Dungvers draft got the 31st of 32 teams draft grade.

31. Denver Broncos

Favorite pick: Jonah Elliss, Edge, Utah

The Broncos have a glut of pass rushers in their rotation, but Elliss makes the unit even stronger. Although he was a little “out of sight, out of mind” this process after undergoing shoulder surgery in the fall, he is a disruptive presence with upfield explosion and violent hands.

Day 3 pick who could surprise: Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon

Although I wasn’t a fan of what the Broncos did in the first round, reuniting Franklin with his college quarterback is smart drafting. Franklin, who has inconsistencies in his game, was overrated by many throughout the process, but there’s a good chance he winds up looking like a steal. He has legit speed before and after the catch and can make an immediate impact as a rookie.

https://theathletic.com/5454505/2024...picks-by-team/

So many glowing reviews of the Dollar General’s draft. I think they should offer him a 10 year extension at this point.

I’ve heard that General Pay a Ton wasn’t happy that his name is tied to Nix. Clips I’ve seen in their draft room seem to back that up. Dude just stood there with a grimace while Payton was celebrating. Even the guy who hired Hackett and orchestrated the Russell Wilson trade knows it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:19 AM Today
:-) Knowmo is so stupid he genuinely believed the Broncos would get Pickens in return for what would essentially be a salary dump of Sutton.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:20 AM Today
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I’ve heard that General Pay a Ton wasn’t happy that his name is tied to Nix. Clips I’ve seen in their draft room seem to back that up. Dude just stood there with a grimace while Payton was celebrating. Even the guy who hired Hackett and orchestrated the Russell Wilson trade knows it.
One could say that if the GM did not like it… that’s a good thing. Paton sucks.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:29 AM Today
Don't know if Payton can sell it to ownership but they really need to let Nix sit for a year and let Wilson be cannon fodder for the 2024 season. The chances of Nix amounting to anything decrease significantly if he's thrown out there with such a depleted roster.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:35 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Don't know if Payton can sell it to ownership but they really need to let Nix sit for a year and let Wilson be cannon fodder for the 2024 season. The chances of Nix amounting to anything decrease significantly if he's thrown out there with such a depleted roster.
They have no choice but to throw him to the wolves. I almost feel bad for him, almost.
[Reply]
TEX 07:38 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
One could say that if the GM did not like it… that’s a good thing. Paton sucks.
True.
#PatonArchitectOfSuck
[Reply]
Page 4830 of 4830
« First < 3830433047304780482048264827482848294830
Up