ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Fixing KC Chiefs’ defense can start with playing Juan Thornhill over Daniel Sorensen
TEX 05:58 AM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Andy/Spags will lose the locker room at least on defense if they don’t bench Sorensen for Thornhill.

You can see the visible frustration with the Honey Badger’s on the field disgust with Sorensen’s continued incompetence.
No they won't. And HB is a diva. This is the part of his personality that I had hoped not to see in KC. But right when extreme adversity is in play, it surfaces. But, I do agree that we need to see more of Thornhill and less if Sorensen. Also need to see more of CJ inside and less outside. Less Neiman would be nice also.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:20 AM 10-16-2021
Hitchens is playing every bit as bad as Sorensen. Need a change there ASA (Reasonably) P.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:08 AM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Hitchens is playing every bit as bad as Sorensen. Need a change there ASA (Reasonably) P.
Hitchens is slow and not the best tackler. Agree completely. Time to move on
[Reply]
oldman 08:46 AM 10-16-2021
Benching Sorenson for Thornhill will not fix this D. Benching Hitchens for (name LB of the week) will not fix this D. Moving Jones back inside will not fix this D. I'm all for playing Dirty Dan as a nickel safety/LB, but not 100% of the snaps but is Thornhill ready? Would a new extension for HB make him a happy camper? I wonder how a slimmed down Jones would do on the inside. Is the duo of Bolton and Gay ready to take on the NFL? I can't answer any of those questions but somethings have to change or we have no chance for a playoff spot, much less a SB run.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:54 AM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by Nickhead:

absolutely disgraceful of hitchens!
Originally Posted by oldman:
Benching Sorenson for Thornhill will not fix this D. Benching Hitchens for (name LB of the week) will not fix this D. Moving Jones back inside will not fix this D. I'm all for playing Dirty Dan as a nickel safety/LB, but not 100% of the snaps but is Thornhill ready? Would a new extension for HB make him a happy camper? I wonder how a slimmed down Jones would do on the inside. Is the duo of Bolton and Gay ready to take on the NFL? I can't answer any of those questions but somethings have to change or we have no chance for a playoff spot, much less a SB run.
Have you seen this video and watched the Hitchen's play? It's worth your time too watch.
[Reply]
oldman 09:03 AM 10-16-2021
My point was Hitchens isn't the only problem.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:16 AM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
My point was Hitchens isn't the only problem.
I knew that. This video and analysis of a play goes a long way to explaining some things. No receiver on Hitchens side, yet he bails out... while seeing the pass being made to the back right in front of him.

Sorensen abandoing coverage responsibilities on TD pass to come up in run support when guys were in position to defend the run.

No pass rush.

Problems are multiple.

Watch this video breakdown by Simm's. It is damning of many issues.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:18 AM 10-16-2021
Jesus Christ.

One thing about the Sorensen/Thornhill dynamic that is so puzzling...Thornhill has played 142 snaps and only has given up one completion in three targets, with one missed tackle.

Sorensen though, with these numbers, has been on the field for 325 snaps.

Even Thornhill's mediocre 2020 season puts Dan to shame.

In 2021, Sorensen has already allowed more TDs and has more missed tackles than Thornhill had all of last season.

[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:36 AM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Jesus Christ.

One thing about the Sorensen/Thornhill dynamic that is so puzzling...Thornhill has played 142 snaps and only has given up one completion in three targets, with one missed tackle.

Sorensen though, with these numbers, has been on the field for 325 snaps.

Even Thornhill's mediocre 2020 season puts Dan to shame.

In 2021, Sorensen has already allowed more TDs and has more missed tackles than Thornhill had all of last season.

If Spags was trying to prove a point by putting Thornhill in the doghouse ala Todd Haley that's something that needs to be addressed in the offseason. A good Thornhill on the field could have absolutely changed the outcome of the Ravens and Chargers games.
[Reply]
seamonster 10:25 AM 10-16-2021
Sunday's a litmus test for Sorensen. Henike has excellent anticipation and makes throws but his #1 is out. So it's up to some rookies and practice squad players to run Scot Turners scheme. If Sorenson can't disrupt plays or get's burned by these receivers he should be outright cut.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 10-16-2021
I’ve been told Thornhill will start tomorrow. They are switching roles.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:17 PM 10-16-2021
Heard that on 610 yesterday. Hope it’s true.
[Reply]
Grit for Brains 12:57 PM 10-16-2021
Sweet. Now what about the non existent pass rush?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:57 PM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by Grit for Brains:
Gotta start somewhere.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:46 PM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by Grit for Brains:
Not facing elite QBs and OLs will help. Gotta get Jones back.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up