ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 145
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Gasoline over $4 coming to a pump near you because this thread is ass
Donger 08:40 AM 04-23-2007
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=afOlUzd30YOo

Pretty alarmist, IMO, but possible.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 12:02 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by Munson:
And we have a new record high national average of $4.37
By the simple dollar figure? Sure, but gasoline hit $4.14 in 2008. Adjusted for inflation, that's $5.37 in today's dollar.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:48 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by Donger:
By the simple dollar figure? Sure, but gasoline hit $4.14 in 2008. Adjusted for inflation, that's $5.37 in today's dollar.
Thanks Biden.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:50 PM 05-11-2022
During the pandemic, demand absolutely cratered and crude dropped with it. That led to significantly reduced production. Demand has increased and supply is having issues meeting that demand. See above:

According to new data from the Energy Information Administration (EIA), total domestic gasoline stocks decreased by 2.2 million bbl to 228.6 million bbl last week. However, gasoline demand increased slightly from 8.74 million b/d to 8.86 million b/d.

Throw in the war in Ukraine and the effects that it has had, and here we are.

I understand some people, probably including you, want to make everything about politics. And I'd be happy to discuss that in DC if you'd like. Please don't bring it in here.
The only real question here is if supply meets demand.

It does, and exceeds it.

However, we just keep paying the high prices so why would they not keep raising the price?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:51 PM 05-11-2022
How could the present situation have been avoided?
Cheap gasoline is an American right. It's one of those pesky unenumerated rights in the constitution.

Sorry, can't really say much more about it in this thread...
[Reply]
Donger 12:53 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Really?
[Reply]
Donger 12:54 PM 05-11-2022
The only real question here is if supply meets demand.

It does, and exceeds it.

However, we just keep paying the high prices so why would they not keep raising the price?
We should all be thankful that supply can still meet demand. I imagine that people would be a tad more upset if there was no gasoline compared to the present price.

Spare capacity has always been a key aspect of crude and gasoline pricing.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:55 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Cheap gasoline is an American right. It's one of those pesky unenumerated rights in the constitution.

Sorry, can't really say much more about it in this thread...
Cheap gas, muscle cars, baseball, poontang, and apple pie
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:01 PM 05-11-2022
Thanks Biden.
Be more subtle next time.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:43 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I'm driving; gas here is $3.99/gallon for regular so I'm expecting to see mid $4 on the drive out & back. Unfortunately for me, my car takes premium.
Yeah, drove from KC to Pigeon Forge, TN for the older son's weeding in March and I was very happy that I can run regular in the GMC 1500 and still got around 21mpg if I kept it at 70mph or less. That wasn't easy to do, I prefer to keep up with traffic. I felt like "that" guy... But at 67-68mph this truck can get 22.5mpg, so that's nice...

That said, being a 1500, I hook-up to the shop's scuba trailer or one of the High School's band trailers and I might as well take out a 2nd on the house...
[Reply]
notorious 04:44 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Yeah, drove from KC to Pigeon Forge, TN for the older son's weeding in March and I was very happy that I can run regular in the GMC 1500 and still got around 21mpg if I kept it at 70mph or less. That wasn't easy to do, I prefer to keep up with traffic. I felt like "that" guy... But at 67-68mph this truck can get 22.5mpg, so that's nice...

That said, being a 1500, I hook-up to the shop's scuba trailer or one of the High School's band trailers and I might as well take out a 2nd on the house...
If it's a 5.3 those things tank when hauling. You go from 20ish to 7-8 with the snap of a finger.
[Reply]
notorious 04:45 PM 05-11-2022
My fuel bill for business vehicles is around 2k a month. This shit has to end.

My customers are getting fisted.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:07 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Where do you recommend staying on Bonaire? We were supposed to go in 2020 but that got canceled. :-)
If you can, do a VRBO... Hands down a VBRO and a truck is my way to go. Especially if you dive a lot, and I will probably do at least three dives a day, so it's the cat's ass.

If you're not into that, I love the Plaza Resort Bonaire. The same three great boats they've always had, and a new Cat that sits just on the other side of the resort's foot bridge (draw too much draft to dock with the other three boats inside their mini-harbor.

Next is Buddy Dive. It's more central in Kralendijk that the Plaza, but it's pretty awesome too.

No matter what, seriously consider a truck. From getting up to Rincón to visit the Cadushy distillery, to getting over to the east side to dive the east coast dive experience , it's a must. And if you're an experienced diver, call that shop and leave them your number for a "good" day to dive the east coast any you won't regret it. There are no bad dives in BON, but the east coast, when conditions are favorable, KICKS ASS! But the Hilma Hooker and the Salt Pier are two must dives, but the truck opens all 90+ dive sites to you. Just be ready for shore entries that can, at times, be slightly challenging. I know the couple I'm meeting there want me to work with them on side mount as they progress toward their full cave certification, and I've told them getting in with two 80s will determine if you really like side mount, or not.

Next.... Start taking 250 - 500mb of B1 for at least a week before you go, prolly 2 weeks; the bugs hate it once it starts leeching from your skin (evidently), and take some serious DEET with you too. The noseeums are brutal this year... And, if you can, buy some of this Epoch Body Butter stuff, tales from the island is that it's showing promise in fending off the little fuckers. Words from the students I'm meeting there is that they're far worse than anything any of us have experienced, even in Roatan. That's saying something. We're loading-up on Vitamin B1, mega-% DEET sprays, and that body butter for us and them (they're there for another few months), and bug spray is hard to find right now...

PM me if you want more info.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:11 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Same. Luckily we bought our Jamaica and Mexico airfare a while ago. We’ve been looking into our tix to Trinidad in 2024, and the prices are nuts. Around 2-3k current. Hope that shit goes down drastically before I have to book.
Look into Granada. If you dive, like wrecks, and want to take it to the next level, you won't regret it. While BON is the shore diving capitol of the Carrib, GND offers some kick ass wrecks. If I have students looking for their wreck diving, or advanced wreck diving, certifications, GND is a fun place to do it.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:14 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
If it's a 5.3 those things tank when hauling. You go from 20ish to 7-8 with the snap of a finger.
It's like the receiver is attached to a aircraft fuel dump valve 'n shit... Ya yank on it and fuel just dumps! And it's not GMC, my neighbor's 2018 F150 have the same linkage from his receiver to his fuel tank. :-)
[Reply]
Munson 08:39 AM 05-15-2022
Another record new high, now at $4.47.

And diesel is at $5.56.

PUMP POCKET PUNCH: National gas price average hits new high on Sunday https://t.co/bTU9kChwJ4

— FOX Business (@FoxBusiness) May 15, 2022

[Reply]
Page 101 of 145
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111 > Last »
Up