ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 173
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:32 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Man, this is hitting me hard. I just threw up a lot, for the third time today, and it really burned. I wonder if I should ring the doc?
They get paid a lot to answer your questions and concerns, and more information is always good on their side...
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 07:36 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
I would. Certainly time to adjust something.
I read my instruction sheet and it said to call if I puke 4 to 6 different sessions in 24 hours. So, I am at 3.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:56 PM 09-23-2015
I read my instruction sheet and it said to call if I puke 4 to 6 different sessions in 24 hours. So, I am at 3.
Re-watch the Chiefs Indy game, or just the second half, you'll get the medical attention you seek...
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:04 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Re-watch the Chiefs Indy game, or just the second half, you'll get the medical attention you seek...
I don't think I have the endurance to survive that!
[Reply]
cdcox 08:18 PM 09-23-2015
Ed, thanks for sharing. I've been following your journey. Your positive attitude is a real inspiration.

One of my coworkers had knee surgery in July. A couple of weeks ago, he got a growth on that knee. No big deal at first, then is started getting tender and sore. Turned out to be a very rare and aggressive form of cancer that loves to head for the lungs. We were all worried for him. Monday he got the good news that the cancer was confined to his knee. They are going to carve it up again, look for cancer free margins, radiate him and hopefully he will be good to go.

Stay strong. Octoberfest keeps really well. Sock a couple of sixes away and it will be waiting for you when you are ready.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:09 PM 09-23-2015
Said it before and I'm gonna say it again... hair grows back, dookie and puke can be cleaned up, and aches eventually subside.

Easy for me to say, I know.

But theres only ONE "Fast Eddie," and that guy can handle anything... because he has too many things left to do.

Get it?

Got it?

Good.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:07 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Ed, thanks for sharing. I've been following your journey. Your positive attitude is a real inspiration.

One of my coworkers had knee surgery in July. A couple of weeks ago, he got a growth on that knee. No big deal at first, then is started getting tender and sore. Turned out to be a very rare and aggressive form of cancer that loves to head for the lungs. We were all worried for him. Monday he got the good news that the cancer was confined to his knee. They are going to carve it up again, look for cancer free margins, radiate him and hopefully he will be good to go.

Stay strong. Octoberfest keeps really well. Sock a couple of sixes away and it will be waiting for you when you are ready.
I hope he gets even better news and that cancer is killed off and he gets back to normal. Please feel free to relate anything to him you have seen me post if you think it will help. Having a massive support group is crucial!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:07 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Said it before and I'm gonna say it again... hair grows back, dookie and puke can be cleaned up, and aches eventually subside.

Easy for me to say, I know.

But theres only ONE "Fast Eddie," and that guy can handle anything... because he has too many things left to do.

Get it?

Got it?

Good.
Thanks, brother!
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:04 PM 09-23-2015
Man, this is hitting me hard. I just threw up a lot, for the third time today, and it really burned. I wonder if I should ring the doc?
Fuck the instructions. Call that dude. The worst case scenario you interrupted sexy time with his wife. You'd hate to be late to the party on addressing a major medical issue. There is a lot of shit going on in your body. There are times to be tough and push through. I don't think chemo is one of those times.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:05 PM 09-23-2015
Stay safe big man.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:16 AM 09-24-2015
Good morning, Ed. Sorry to hear about the body fluid fiesta. I guess Sacc would call it the "golden era" of treatment.

In any event, I'm still praying for your health.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:37 AM 09-24-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
**** the instructions. Call that dude. The worst case scenario you interrupted sexy time with his wife. You'd hate to be late to the party on addressing a major medical issue. There is a lot of shit going on in your body. There are times to be tough and push through. I don't think chemo is one of those times.
I didn't hurl again after the third session. I ate some chicken noodle soup and jello. The annoying thing now is when I drink water, I get the hiccups. I just got up to take some meds, one of which I have to avoid dairy for 2 hours, so it will be a late breakfast for me. Milk, yogurt, and cheese are normal parts of my breakfast, so I will wait. Hopefully, everything stays down today. I get the pump removed at 4:45 pm and will tell the nurse about my vomiting sessions.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:55 AM 09-24-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
**** the instructions. Call that dude. The worst case scenario you interrupted sexy time with his wife. You'd hate to be late to the party on addressing a major medical issue. There is a lot of shit going on in your body. There are times to be tough and push through. I don't think chemo is one of those times.
THIS
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:28 AM 09-24-2015
I threw out a prayer for you this morning. Have a great day and fight on...
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:24 AM 09-24-2015
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I threw out a prayer for you this morning. Have a great day and fight on...
Thanks. I feel pretty good today and am about to make breakfast. I can take some steroid med with it, but no anti-nausea ones. I put down two of those a few hours ago. It's strange, I have not throw up from eating; it has been hours after eating that I did. The first time was 16 hours after dinner. So, it is the chemo poisoning that was getting to me. I hope I don't puke in the cancer center today since I get my pump off at 4:45 pm. Or maybe it would serve 'em right!
[Reply]
Page 55 of 173
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up