ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 57
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Broncos
RunKC 05:54 PM 11-28-2021
Coming in with a full head of steam. First place on the line.

Only to be raped by us. Let’s make it 12 straight!
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 07:22 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Ugh! Not this bullshit again! SMH. Only way that Gannon was taking the Chiefs to the Superbowl is if he had 2 hall of fame wide receivers to carry him there. He was nothing special. He just caught lightning in a bottle.
UMm... In KC in 97 he had Andre Rison and Tony G. Had Gannon taken over as the QB, he would have had decent weapons.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:41 PM 12-01-2021
Donks O line is barely practicing. We are going to steamroll these punks.

Their season effectively ends on Sunday.
[Reply]
TEX 07:56 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Let's hope! :-):-)
[Reply]
TEX 07:58 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Broncos haven’t played the Bills, Titans, or Packers. In no way is it “basically the same schedule” up until this point.
Exactly. And they have played the Jets and Jags...:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 08:35 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly. And they have played the Jets and Jags...:-)
Yea, apparently a 1st place schedule is basically the same as a last place one.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:02 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Andy Reid postseason record:

17-15

Marty Schottenheimer postseason record:

5-13
And Reid had 0 SBs to show for all it, just like Marty. How convenient of you to leave that out.

Just saying you can be a good HC and not win a SB. Marty was a good, not great HC. I think most logical Chief fans can agree w that.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:24 PM 12-01-2021
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by Kansas City Chiefs (@chiefs)

[Reply]
Stryker 09:47 PM 12-01-2021
We WIN! End this thread already! :-) Next...
[Reply]
Herewego 09:49 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

It will be hard not to run up the score. Just keep everyone healthy for the real games down the road.
[Reply]
TEX 09:51 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
And Reid had 0 SBs to show for all it, just like Marty. How convenient of you to leave that out.

Just saying you can be a good HC and not win a SB. Marty was a good, not great HC. I think most logical Chief fans can agree w that.
I think Marty was a great regular season HC. He had his issues in the playoffs, where he was below average. Give me Andy Reid all day every day over Marty, especially in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:10 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Herewego:
It will be hard not to run up the score. Just keep everyone healthy for the real games down the road.
The media narrative seems to be-the Donks have nothing to lose (except a 12th time in a row) and so all the pressure is on the Chiefs.

I guess that it is best not to mention their terrible QB play and a banged-up O line. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:39 PM 12-01-2021
This would be the most embarrassing loss in the Mahomes era. Denver is an awful football team that I have no idea how they have 6 wins
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:47 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

I think Marty frequently got his players/team to overachieve during the regular season and beat more talented teams just by playing harder, especially at home.

It is hard to beat more talented teams during the playoffs just by wanting it more and by playing harder.

And it's really hard to win it all with an average QB (at best) against an elite QB, even back in the day. Even if you can match touchdown for touchdown: when your touchdowns take 7+ minutes and your opponents touchdowns can be done in less than 2 minutes [cough, Elway, cough], when needed. The odds are stacked against you.

So was it that Marty was a coach that came up short in the playoffs or was it that he didn't get enough credit for what he managed to do with the level of talent he had during the regular season?

Probably some of both.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:53 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
So was it that Marty was a coach that came up short in the playoffs or one that didn't get enough credit for what he managed to do with the level of talent he had during the regular season?

Probably some of both.
Marty had the worst luck I have ever seen. Like, if he were in a work of fiction the author would have been criticized for the deus ex machinas that prevented Marty from getting to the title game. As bad as his time with the Chiefs was, nothing tops Marlon not going to a freaking slide. That 06 Chargers team was historically elite and perhaps the best team Marty ever assembled.

Marty recounting his career in "A Football Life" made Se7en look like a Disney movie. Woof that was a rough watch.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 10:55 PM 12-01-2021
Fuck Donk Forever.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 57
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up