ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 74
« First < 18586465666768 69707172 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL Chiefs @ Steelers Week 2 Preseason Game Thread****
Hammock Parties 12:01 AM 08-17-2019
Let's score touchdowns and shit.

We got the keys to this crib now.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:48 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Yeah, with the rules protecting QB's, an 18 game season seems like a realistic option.

-Expand the rosters to 60
-Play 18 regular season games
-Add one more playoff round.

Get rid of the pre-season entirely, or make it 1-2 games with low ticket prices, where you only play your backups to figure out who you want to keep.
The NFL needs to think outside of the box. I hate the idea of an 18 game season. Especially one where qbs sit. Last thing we want is teams being strategic about when to tank games.

Here's a better solution. Starters play scrimmage like games to prepare for the season. Rest of your team plays tournament style games that include international competition. 1) you get a better look at your backups. 2) you play international games without ****ing up travel schedules and taking away home games.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:50 AM 08-18-2019
fuck that 18 game schedule shit.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:54 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Bring on the 18-game reg season..that was painful.

Agreed
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:56 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
The NFL is making its case for an 18-game regular season. I don't know which part is more pathetic; the games or the punditry trying to "analyze" the games.

At this point, I'm simply hoping that some of the young players are benefiting from the playing time.

FAX

18 games w/one preseason game. Expand the rosters & add another playoff round.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:04 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
18 games w/one preseason game. Expand the rosters & add another playoff round.
To add a playoff "round", you would have nearly every single team in the NFL making the playoffs.
[Reply]
penchief 08:15 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Grunhard i think it was brought it up on twitter but the Steelers were doing a lot of funky blitzes for a 2nd preseason game so he thinks andy didn’t feel comfortable with Mahomes still in so he took him out early
I was worried about Tomlin when Andy said the starters would be playing the entire first half. That guy is a total douche who is not above strategically ending Pat's season.
[Reply]
penchief 08:21 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by prhom:
What’s the deal with Shurmur getting playing time over Litton? He reminds me of Tyler Palko. Maybe he understands the game, but doesn’t seem to have the arm to make it in the NFL.
I think they know Litton is the 3rd and are maybe hoping some other team is intrigued enough by Shurmur or desperate enough for a back-up to flip some depth our way.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:27 AM 08-18-2019
18 games is just too much football for these guys on top of potential playoffs.

IF they did do that, they would have to give each player a couple of breaks just to keep them physically able, and I hate the thought of having to strategically tank a couple of games essentially.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it... and the NFL’s schedule is far from broke.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:39 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Coogs:
To add a playoff "round", you would have nearly every single team in the NFL making the playoffs.

Sorry.
I guess I should have said add one more team instead. My plan is...

#1 seed - bye
#7 seed @ #2 seed
#6 seed @ #3 seed
#5 seed @ #4 seed
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:41 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
18 games is just too much football for these guys on top of potential playoffs.

IF they did do that, they would have to give each player a couple of breaks just to keep them physically able, and I hate the thought of having to strategically tank a couple of games essentially.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it... and the NFL’s schedule is far from broke.

2 bye weeks.
[Reply]
oldman 08:43 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by wasi:
QB (3) PM2, Henne, Shurmur
RB (5) Williams, Williams, Hyde, Thompson, Sherman
TE (2) Kelce, Bell
WR (6) Hill, Watkins, Hardman, Robinson, Pringle, Thompson
OL (10) Fisher, Wylie, Rieter, LDT, Schwartz, Erving, Allegretti, Murphy, McKenzie, Boyde

DL (7) Clark, Okafor, Kpass, Nnadi, Jones, Ivie, Saunders
LB (5) Hitchens, Wilson, Lee, Niemann, Attaochu
DB (12) HB, Thornhill, Breeland, Fuller, Ward, Sorenson, Watts, Miller, Lucas, Fenton, Wade, Fields

ST (3)

I assume Kemp and Yelder are going to IR.

I take Erving over Ragland only because I value him at interior OL and that helps the offense and QB.
I think you're 1 long on OL, 1 short on DL and LB, and 2 long on DB. That leaves 1 spot and I'd like that to be a front 7 guy.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:43 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Bring on the 18-game reg season..that was painful.
Four preseason games is a joke, and the NFL knows this. They're just afraid fans will catch-on to the season ticket premium. Right now, the preseason games hide that a little bit, but eliminate the pre-season, and it becomes a bit more obvious.
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 08-18-2019
https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/...660938240?s=21
[Reply]
PHOG 08:45 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Sorry.
I guess I should have said add one more team instead. My plan is...

#1 seed - bye
#7 seed @ #2 seed
#6 seed @ #3 seed
#5 seed @ #4 seed
Just add another team to that, and do away with the byes. 4 div. winners and 4 wildcards. Excellent :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:47 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by penchief:
I think they know Litton is the 3rd and are maybe hoping some other team is intrigued enough by Shurmur or desperate enough for a back-up to flip some depth our way.
It's turning out to be a mistake. I hate to put too much stock in preseason. But does anyone have any confidence in Henne if we need him for a few games? I don't think the #2 qb is even close to an open shut case.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 74
« First < 18586465666768 69707172 > Last »
Up