ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 74
« First < 15556162636465 66676869 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL Chiefs @ Steelers Week 2 Preseason Game Thread****
Hammock Parties 12:01 AM 08-17-2019
Let's score touchdowns and shit.

We got the keys to this crib now.
[Reply]
TEX 09:51 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
im a bit bummed about kemp, as he was a different type of receiver. Hopefully, HB is ok as well.
This is what happens with HB. He gets banged up a LOT. He's a small dude who plays aggressively and pays a price.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:53 PM 08-17-2019
Not completely unrelated, Marcus Lucas has 4 catches for the Cowboys as a TE. Dude played forever ago as a WR at Mizzou.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:54 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
im a bit bummed about kemp, as he was a different type of receiver. Hopefully, HB is ok as well.
Agreed. Sounds like Yelder is in a boot too, so he’s down for awhile. I don’t trust Bell at all with TE2... and now we’ve really gotta find a better answer there. Hopefully cuts will give us that option.
[Reply]
TEX 09:54 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Not sure what defense you were watching. The Chiefs first team defense played 4 drives that went:

Punt
Punt
Fumble
Punt

Those drives were for a total of 30 yards. Clark, Mathieu, Jones, Okafor were long gone by the time the Steelers Offense got anything going.

The deep depth on the defense sucks, but if those guys are playing meaningful plays in the regular season we’re ****ed anyway.
Might have had something to do woth no Big Ben
also. Regardless, they improved over last week.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:56 PM 08-17-2019
Thornhill had really nice coverage on a deep ball (that was overthrown)

Corner was beat in the slot and it looked like Thornhill was playing single-high; he ran over and immediately provided help coverage over the top.

Really impressed with Thornhill so far.
[Reply]
O.city 09:59 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Agreed. Sounds like Yelder is in a boot too, so he’s down for awhile. I don’t trust Bell at all with TE2... and now we’ve really gotta find a better answer there. Hopefully cuts will give us that option.
I’ve actually been kinda happy with Bell. He fumbled tonight which sucked but that was a bang bang play and that’ll happen. But he gets open, will block and is good after the catch
[Reply]
BottomShelfBoose 09:59 PM 08-17-2019
When mahomes was sat I dipped out, had more fun changing the oil in my car than the game but i dunno.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:01 PM 08-17-2019
Well, that was a boring and counterproductive game. Here's what I learned:

1. Games at the Steelers stadium will involve cheating on the clock timer and on the replays.

2. Preseason injuries stink.

3. Darwin Thompson and Kpass are really shooting up the value charts, and Mecole Hardman seems like a keeper.

4. Ragland did not get faster this offseason.

5. Khalen Suanders is not wowing me, and Byron Pringle does not appear to be the second coming of Jerry Rice.

6. Chase Litton has won the #3 job, but he sure has a weird throwing motion.
[Reply]
O.city 10:02 PM 08-17-2019
Ragland was playing well into the 3rd quarter at what appeared to be SLB

He ain’t making it
[Reply]
O.city 10:02 PM 08-17-2019
Starting OL struggled a little bit I thought
[Reply]
O.city 10:03 PM 08-17-2019
Grunhard i think it was brought it up on twitter but the Steelers were doing a lot of funky blitzes for a 2nd preseason game so he thinks andy didn’t feel comfortable with Mahomes still in so he took him out early
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:04 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Might have had something to do woth no Big Ben
also. Regardless, they improved over last week.
No one is expecting a top 5 defense or anything like that. The expectation is that they’ve somewhat significantly upgraded from last year.

We saw a back up QB absolutely torch our defense in preseason last year. This back up QB did not.

I think that’s an indication that we’re clearly ahead of where we were last year at this time.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:05 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Starting OL struggled a little bit I thought
I thought they opened up some big holes for Hyde, but he was just too damn slow to get more than 5-6 yards.

Mahomes is a big part of our OL’s success. He makes them a lot better.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:08 PM 08-17-2019
Grunhard i think it was brought it up on twitter but the Steelers were doing a lot of funky blitzes for a 2nd preseason game so he thinks andy didn’t feel comfortable with Mahomes still in so he took him out early
I think he's right. Tomlin is an asshole who probably held a grudge after Mahomes embarrassed his last season.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:11 PM 08-17-2019
I’ve actually been kinda happy with Bell. He fumbled tonight which sucked but that was a bang bang play and that’ll happen. But he gets open, will block and is good after the catch
That’s fair, but still probably need to add another guy to replace Yelder. Hopefully they can upgrade altogether.

Regarding Ragland playing into late 3rd—I don’t think it means much. They also had Lee out there, Watts, Ward, Lucas, etc. I think they all make it.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 74
« First < 15556162636465 66676869 > Last »
Up