ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3265 of 3903
« First < 2265276531653215325532613262326332643265 32663267326832693275331533653765 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 09:15 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
...if we don't get immunity up high enough to eliminate it.
Serious question here. How long are we just delaying the inevitable decline caused by overpopulation and or another massive war or event that causes a massive human life loss on Earth?

We are long overdue for a near extinction event. :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:16 PM 12-08-2020
So something I've been pondering in regards to COVID-19 (C19) and Spanish Flu (SF) is what would happen if these 2 viruses were to switch years. Instead of SF hitting in 1918 it hits in 2019 and C19 hits in 1918.

How deadly would SF be today as opposed to Covid? In 1918 they basically had nothing to fight the flu or anything that came from it. How much more deadly would C19 have been in 1918. I think C19 would have easily killed and effected more people.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:16 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
MAtt Cassel will win a SB before we eliminate Covid.
And the Chiefs won't sniff the playoffs.
[Reply]
O.city 09:16 PM 12-08-2020
That's your opinion. You don't get to tell other people how to think about something. Get vaccinated and you don't have to worry about it. See how that works?
Me eating a cheeseburger and giving myself heart disease is similar to me spreading a disease to someone else?

Interesting
[Reply]
O.city 09:18 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
So something I've been pondering in regards to COVID-19 (C19) and Spanish Flu (SF) is what would happen if these 2 viruses were to switch years. Instead of SF hitting in 1918 it hits in 2019 and C19 hits in 1918.

How deadly would SF be today as opposed to Covid? In 1918 they basically had nothing to fight the flu or anything that came from it. How much more deadly would C19 have been in 1918. I think C19 would have easily killed and effected more people.
Interesting

A lot of factors would go into that I’d think. I’m on my phone, I’ll mark it and come back when I am in front of a computer
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:18 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Me eating a cheeseburger and giving myself heart disease is similar to me spreading a disease to someone else?

Interesting
You working out and taking care of yourself eating a cheeseburger (with the vaccine)

does not put you at risk because 450lb fat ass eating 4 cheeseburgers wants to (no vaccine).
[Reply]
petegz28 09:19 PM 12-08-2020

Interesting
Financial disease if you want to look at it that way. You are increasing health care costs for everyone else but I digress....

Get the vaccine and you don't have to worry about getting infected.

See, this isn't about you getting infected. This is about wanting everyone else to do what you think they should do when in reality if you get the vaccine what they decide is of no consequence to you.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:19 PM 12-08-2020
Personal choices are a bit different than an infectious disease
But what you might be missing is you are appealing to altruism for the sake of society to deal with infectious disease to people acutely aware that the society they're being altruistic towards will exert personal choices to fuck them right back without thinking twice about it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:23 PM 12-08-2020
Financial disease if you want to look at it that way. You are increasing health care costs for everyone else but I digress....

Get the vaccine and you don't have to worry about getting infected.

See, this isn't about you getting infected. This is about wanting everyone else to do what you think they should do when in reality if you get the vaccine what they decide is of no consequence to you.
Increases in vaccine uptake will limit strain on hospitals and health care, which helps everyone who needs it for other reasons.

It’s not all about infected or not. There are so many downstream things that can come from this.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:23 PM 12-08-2020
Covid is not going away. Did the measles go away? And when you say people should do what they are "supposed to do" who crowned you King to decide what others are "supposed to do"?

I think what you mean to say is people should do what you think they should do.

I will say this again. Get the vaccine if you want and leave others the fuck alone. If you choose not to get the vaccine that's on you. This is the mentality many political arguments are rooted in, people telling others what they must do. You take care of you. Once the vaccine is available then you don't need to worry about someone else.

If I didn't already have Covid I would get the vaccine and that's my choice. But it's not my place to tell everyone else what they have to do. Just like I don't tell you that you can't drink or smoke or anything like that.
The measles was pretty much eradicated from the US until antivaxxers started their shit.

Really? Then why is the common cold, which is a corona virus, still alive and very contagious?
This isn't serious is it? Who would pour billions into finding a vaccine for the common cold? Are you really asking this?
[Reply]
O.city 09:24 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
But what you might be missing is you are appealing to altruism for the sake of society to deal with infectious disease to people acutely aware that the society they're being altruistic towards will exert personal choices to **** them right back without thinking twice about it.
That’s interesting. Also true in some cases.

I’d like to hope everyone isn’t that dejected by society and it’s issues.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:26 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
And the Chiefs won't sniff the playoffs.
Damn it I downvoted sorry

That was hilarious. I wish I was witty. :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 09:27 PM 12-08-2020
Increases in vaccine uptake will limit strain on hospitals and health care, which helps everyone who needs it for other reasons.

It’s not all about infected or not. There are so many downstream things that can come from this.
Dude, you keep getting off on these tangents that frankly are irrelevant. People eating healthier and exercising would limit strain on our entire medical system.

You don't get to tell someone else they have to do something just because you think it's right. I don't disagree with where you are coming from but we are a free country. All I can do is take care of me. What you do is your business. And yes, that means you getting fat and stroking out from too many double baco-cheeses increases my health care costs.

So this "you have to do it for the good of everyone else" is noble and sounds good but in the end it's bullshit.

Get the vaccine or don't. Live with the consequences of your decisions.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:28 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
The measles was pretty much eradicated from the US until antivaxxers started their shit.

This isn't serious is it? Who would pour billions into finding a vaccine for the common cold? Are you really asking this?
Pretty much but not so......
[Reply]
petegz28 09:30 PM 12-08-2020
That’s interesting. Also true in some cases.

I’d like to hope everyone isn’t that dejected by society and it’s issues.
A lot of good people are in no hurry to go take a vaccine that was made inside of a year. Including a lot of medical people. They don't trust it. Doesn't matter what you and I think or whether it is safe or isn't. They are making the choice they think is best and safest for them.
[Reply]
Page 3265 of 3903
« First < 2265276531653215325532613262326332643265 32663267326832693275331533653765 > Last »
Up