ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Media Center>Great older movies you really like that NEVER get replayed on TV
scho63 08:44 AM 04-12-2022
Let it Ride - this is a VASTYLY underrated movie.
Richard Dreyfuss, David Johansen, Teri Garr, Jennifer Tilly
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:45 AM 04-12-2022
The Princess Bride...
[Reply]
scho63 08:45 AM 04-12-2022
Broken Flowers - Huge cast and one of Murray's most underrated performances
Bill Murray, Jeffrey Wright, Sharon Stone, Frances Conroy, Jessica Lange, Tilda Swinton, Julie Delpy, Mark Webber, Chloë Sevigny, Christopher McDonald, and Alexis Dziena.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:29 PM 04-12-2022
Brazil

In a dystopian, polluted, hyper-consumerist, overbearing bureaucratic totalitarian future somewhere in the 20th century, Sam Lowry is a low-level government employee who frequently dreams of himself as a winged warrior saving a damsel in distress. One day, shortly before Christmas, a fly becomes jammed in a teleprinter, which misprints a copy of an arrest warrant it was receiving. This leads to the arrest and death during interrogation of cobbler Archibald Buttle instead of renegade heating engineer and suspected terrorist Archibald Tuttle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_(1985_film)
[Reply]
Rausch 06:05 PM 04-16-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Brazil

In a dystopian, polluted, hyper-consumerist, overbearing bureaucratic totalitarian future somewhere in the 20th century, Sam Lowry is a low-level government employee who frequently dreams of himself as a winged warrior saving a damsel in distress. One day, shortly before Christmas, a fly becomes jammed in a teleprinter, which misprints a copy of an arrest warrant it was receiving. This leads to the arrest and death during interrogation of cobbler Archibald Buttle instead of renegade heating engineer and suspected terrorist Archibald Tuttle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_(1985_film)
I always loved Time Bandits. I could watch that flick every single time it came on HBO back when...
[Reply]
scho63 08:43 AM 04-17-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I always loved Time Bandits. I could watch that flick every single time it came on HBO back when...
Haven't heard that movie mentioned in YEARS :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:37 PM 04-12-2022
William Hurt's recent passing made me think about Altered States. There's another great movie that has kind of faded into history. It had some great special effects that would still hold up well today, as well as some very well done body altering scenes that, while not nearly as extensive, predate the transformation scene from American Werewolf in London.

Serpent and the Rainbow is another good one.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:56 PM 04-12-2022
As for shows themselves, I'm currently enjoying the fact that I found My Name is Earl and Malcolm in the Middle on Amazon. I'll let myself watch one episode of each on the weekends (okay, maybe two). Those shows are awesome.

I found Third Rock from the Sun a couple of years ago and binge-watched the series. I really enjoyed that show when it was on the air, but as I binge-watched it I could see a noticeable drop in creativity and quality the last couple of seasons. It was a good show, but also a good decision to cancel it.
[Reply]
scho63 04:01 PM 04-17-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
As for shows themselves, I'm currently enjoying the fact that I found My Name is Earl and Malcolm in the Middle on Amazon. I'll let myself watch one episode of each on the weekends (okay, maybe two). Those shows are awesome.

I found Third Rock from the Sun a couple of years ago and binge-watched the series. I really enjoyed that show when it was on the air, but as I binge-watched it I could see a noticeable drop in creativity and quality the last couple of seasons. It was a good show, but also a good decision to cancel it.
Malcolm in the Middle and Third Rock from the Sun are both on TV now.

My Name is Earl I have NEVER seen on any station replayed in the last 10-15 years
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:04 PM 04-12-2022
Oh, I'm talking TV shows and not movies. I'll recalibrate.

I want to go find Kelly's Heroes. And Pleasantville. Maybe The Great Escape.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:57 PM 04-13-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Oh, I'm talking TV shows and not movies. I'll recalibrate.

I want to go find Kelly's Heroes. And Pleasantville. Maybe The Great Escape.
Kelly's Heroes and The Great Escape are almost always replayed during the Memorial Day weekend on TCM. If you have access to it.
[Reply]
smith11 01:03 AM 04-13-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
I really wish that TV stations expanded their horizons and played movies we haven't seen in years or cult classics that deserve a shot.

So many of the same shit over and over and over and over. Worse is the stupid remakes that suck balls or worse yet the horrible prequels/sequels.

I'll start with two:

One on One
starred: Robby Benson, Annette O Toole and GD Spradlin.
Plot: High School All Star BB players goes to college and is not so special anymore

Divorcing Jack
only known actor/actress is Rachel Griffiths
Divorcing Jack is a 1998 satirical black comedy. The plot is set around the Northern Irish reporter Dan Starkey who gets entangled in a web of political intrigue and Irish sectarian violence, at the same time as Northern Ireland is set to elect a new Prime Minister. Writer Colin Bateman adapted his own 1995 book as the screenplay.

I would also love to see "The White Shadow", "James at 15" and "Family" television series replayed from start to finish.
I would like to see again a movie called Go Tell The Spartans, about military advisers early in US involvement in vietnam, with burt lancaster
[Reply]
Stewie 09:00 AM 04-13-2022
After Hours

Breaking Away
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:55 AM 04-13-2022
Originally Posted by Stewie:
After Hours

Breaking Away
You know, I've NEVER seen Breaking Away, and it's one of those films where everyone whose taste I value has raved about and I've wanted to watch forever. It just never comes to mind when I'm in the mood for a movie and when it does come to mind I'm too busy to sit down for that long.

It might be the most highly acclaimed movie that I know I'd probably like that I've never seen.

Some day. . . .
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:41 AM 04-13-2022
Some good old movies that don't get played enough? I reserve the right to add to this list but I'll start with

Big Country - great Western
Cat Ballou - not a big Jane Fonda fan but its really funny
Seems Like Old Times
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up