6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Coach 06:17 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You know it'd be nice if Moore would admit this team sucks by making moves but I don't see that happening.
The only move I want to see is Sherman canning Moore.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:18 PM 07-02-2021
You know it'd be nice if Moore would admit this team sucks by making moves but I don't see that happening.
Ask and you may receive....

Sources: The Nationals are in the process of acquiring veteran shortstop Alcides Escobar from the Royals. Escobar is on his way to Washington with the team needing middle infield help. The 34-year-old last played in the majors in 2018.

— Jesse Dougherty (@dougherty_jesse) July 2, 2021

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:19 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
This.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 06:22 PM 07-02-2021
Singer is a great example why "let's just draft tons of pitching and trade the excess for bats!!!1!" Was/is a dumb idea. We don't have any established pitchers so now we have to wait out all of them to hope some hit. Meanwhile singer has tanked all value he might of had a year ago. A 5 ERA pitcher can't be traded for anything useful.

I just pray we don't take rocker. Can't keep doubling down and ignore why our offense is so awful.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:37 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
Assume be resigns and takes a FO spot
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:44 PM 07-02-2021
Brady seems broken and unfortunately, there is no one on this current Royals coaching staff that can fix him.

Time for some changes!
[Reply]
kstater 06:50 PM 07-02-2021
Those 4th of July hats are sexy AF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RustShack 06:53 PM 07-02-2021
Hopefully they at least win the Orioles game I’m going to.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 07:20 PM 07-02-2021
At the Naturals game in Springfield again tonight. Amazing catch by LF Brhet Bewley. Shades of Alex Gordon.

WHAT A GRAB FROM BRHET BEWLEY IN LEFT FIELD!

A spectacular catch from @brhet_bewley2 ends the bottom of the first inning! ������

E1 | #NWANaturals 2 Springfield 0 pic.twitter.com/DEyxAohfd3

— NW Arkansas Naturals (@nwanaturals) July 3, 2021

[Reply]
tk13 07:53 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
Singer is a great example why "let's just draft tons of pitching and trade the excess for bats!!!1!" Was/is a dumb idea. We don't have any established pitchers so now we have to wait out all of them to hope some hit. Meanwhile singer has tanked all value he might of had a year ago. A 5 ERA pitcher can't be traded for anything useful.

I just pray we don't take rocker. Can't keep doubling down and ignore why our offense is so awful.
Hard to believe we'd ever get to the point people were wishing we don't draft Rocker. Two years ago you would have been called crazy for that.

That said, it wasn't like they got super aggressive to get all of those arms, Singer was a top of the draft talent and fell all the way to the middle of the first round. They were definitely trying to take advantage of inefficiencies, which is pretty much Moneyball in a nutshell. All the other teams were going all-in on position players so instead of settling they went the other direction and stocked up on the high end arms that fell in the draft.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:00 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:

It's really hard to be a good starter with 2 pitches.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:02 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
Hard to believe we'd ever get to the point people were wishing we don't draft Rocker. Two years ago you would have been called crazy for that.

That said, it wasn't like they got super aggressive to get all of those arms, Singer was a top of the draft talent and fell all the way to the middle of the first round. They were definitely trying to take advantage of inefficiencies, which is pretty much Moneyball in a nutshell. All the other teams were going all-in on position players so instead of settling they went the other direction and stocked up on the high end arms that fell in the draft.
That's fine to a degree, if the pitcher is far and away the top player you graded. But at the same time hitters historically pan out at a much higher rate, building your farm around 85% pitching is risky, it's even more risky with this organization.

The Royals under Dayton Moore's ability to develop pitching is about on par with a rooster laying an egg.
[Reply]
tk13 09:33 PM 07-02-2021
That's fine to a degree, if the pitcher is far and away the top player you graded. But at the same time hitters historically pan out at a much higher rate, building your farm around 85% pitching is risky, it's even more risky with this organization.

The Royals under Dayton Moore's ability to develop pitching is about on par with a rooster laying an egg.
It's 100% true that they haven't done a good job of developing pitchers, but the Tigers literally had Singer on their short list to draft at #1 and he was at one time probably a top 5 prospect in the draft. You can't fault Dayton for drafting him all the way down at 18. There's no way he should be passing on talent like that.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:51 PM 07-02-2021
Hey, we won! Whoo Hoo!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:25 PM 07-02-2021
That 2018 draft has completely mind fucked some of you thinking all the Royals draft is pitchers.

Here is the first 3 rounds since 2017:
1) Nick Pratto, 1B
2) MJ Melendez, C
2) Evan Steele, P
3) Daniel Tillo, P

1) Brady Singer, P
1) Jackson Kowar, P
1) Daniel Lynch, P
1) Kris Bubic, P
2) Jonathan Bowlan, P
3) Kyle Isbel, OF

1) Bobby Witt, SS
2) Brady McConnell, SS
2) Alec Marsh, P
3) Grant Gambrell, P

1) Asa Lacy, P
1) Nick Loftin, SS
2) Ben Herendez, P
3) Tyler Gentry, OF

11 - pitchers
7 - fielders

Witt, Pratto, and Melendez look to be a darn good core coming up. There is your SS, 1B, and C for 5 to 6 years when they come up.
[Reply]
Page 217 of 440
« First < 117167207213214215216217 218219220221227267317 > Last »
Up