ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 97
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>JuJu to Kansas City
Dante84 02:20 PM 03-18-2022

#ChiefsKingdom Let’s Go!

— JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) March 18, 2022

JuJu Smith-Schuster is getting a one-year, $10.75M deal with the Chiefs, per source.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 18, 2022

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:52 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
People have become infatuated with a 4.2 40 time. They think you can't be a great WR in the NFL unless you run like a ****ing gazelle. Oh my God, we don't have Tyreek blazing down the field anymore, whatever shall we do! Our WRs will suck!

Meanwhile, Cooper Kupp ran a 4.62, Davante Adams ran a 4.56, Diontae Johnson ran a 4.53. Stefon Diggs ran a 4.46, Deebo Samuel ran a 4.48, Mike Williams ran a 4.54, CeeDee Lamb ran a 4.50, and the list goes on and on...

Every one of our WRs runs at least in that range.
And Hardman is just below Hill speed.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:59 AM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
And Hardman is just below Hill speed.
hardman is skinny fast, not muscularly fast.

i wont miss tyreek per se, and hardman is going to get his opportunity, but ...

reek can go from 1-100 in any direction at any time.

hardman can only get to 100 after a run up in a straight-ish line.

he won't dante hall ya like tyreek does.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:32 AM 05-28-2022

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:34 AM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
hardman is skinny fast, not muscularly fast.

i wont miss tyreek per se, and hardman is going to get his opportunity, but ...

reek can go from 1-100 in any direction at any time.

hardman can only get to 100 after a run up in a straight-ish line.

he won't dante hall ya like tyreek does.
There’s a reason that he’s Hardman and Hill is Hill. Tyreek is a little faster and shiftier, and he tracks the deep ball better. But Hardman is pretty elusive in his own right, and he can get you a lot of YAC and get open downfield. I think people will be surprised by how effective Hardman can be without a player like Hill taking most of his opportunities.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:53 AM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
And I've heard that other teams can generate a pass rush without spending 25% of their salary cap on the DL but I haven't seen it.
You gotta have guys on their rookie deals.

I mean, that's it, really.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:11 AM 05-28-2022
There’s a reason that he’s Hardman and Hill is Hill. Tyreek is a little faster and shiftier, and he tracks the deep ball better. But Hardman is pretty elusive in his own right, and he can get you a lot of YAC and get open downfield. I think people will be surprised by how effective Hardman can be without a player like Hill taking most of his opportunities.
I don't think there's any question that Hardman was drafted in a bit of a panic move to fill Hill's spot when it looked like Hill was going to be removed during the whole baby-mama drama.

And the physical reality is this: They're similar players in their usage. At their size, you kind of need to have them at 'Z'. They don't line up ON the line, but a yard OFF so that they can get an extra space for their release. Neither is going to be big enough to power through press man.

Hill is more muscular, and might be the most well conditioned athlete we've ever seen. I mean, seriously. It's ridiculous. But functionally speaking, Hardman has a very similar skill-set.

Both have had and Hardman will continue to have a lot of manufactured touches; jet sweeps, WR screens, etc. Both are very good runners with the ball in their hands. They do it differently, but we saw last season down the stretch what Hardman can do. He's less of a jitterbug, and more of a cut once and fly runner, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Hardman is not the deep ball tracker that Hill is; and that's the biggest functional difference. If teams sit in two deep shells, that doesn't really matter anymore-we saw last year that it's possible to just flat remove that part of the arsenal if a defense is willing to commit to it.
[Reply]
Nickhead 08:18 PM 05-28-2022
i am on record that the top four receivers for KC could each average up to and over 80 catches :-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:45 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You gotta have guys on their rookie deals.

I mean, that's it, really.
Well ya. You got to hit on enough of your rookie deals and not whiff on too many big time veterans.

I get that and I was mostly being sarcastic.

I think trading Hill was the right move and I am cautiously optimistic about the WR group down the road. I am nervous about it starting out the year slow, but nothing to do about that now. Bringing in another player wouldn't really change that. I guess another veteran could probably learn faster than a rookie but whatever.

I think JuJu is likely being drafted too late in fantasy football although that could change with pre season. I think he will finish the year strong and people will be saying, duh Mahomes, high ceiling duh, why didn't I...

On the other hand, I don't see that with Skyy. If he breaks the precedent of rookie WR's in Andy's offense... Great. But I ain't drafting Skyy on my fantasy team...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:44 AM 05-29-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't think there's any question that Hardman was drafted in a bit of a panic move to fill Hill's spot when it looked like Hill was going to be removed during the whole baby-mama drama.

And the physical reality is this: They're similar players in their usage. At their size, you kind of need to have them at 'Z'. They don't line up ON the line, but a yard OFF so that they can get an extra space for their release. Neither is going to be big enough to power through press man.

Hill is more muscular, and might be the most well conditioned athlete we've ever seen. I mean, seriously. It's ridiculous. But functionally speaking, Hardman has a very similar skill-set.

Both have had and Hardman will continue to have a lot of manufactured touches; jet sweeps, WR screens, etc. Both are very good runners with the ball in their hands. They do it differently, but we saw last season down the stretch what Hardman can do. He's less of a jitterbug, and more of a cut once and fly runner, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Hardman is not the deep ball tracker that Hill is; and that's the biggest functional difference. If teams sit in two deep shells, that doesn't really matter anymore-we saw last year that it's possible to just flat remove that part of the arsenal if a defense is willing to commit to it.
There is no doubt to me they drafted him to get a receiver who could do the special Hill things in the offense if they didn’t have Hill.

And he also was most productive as a rookie in the stretch where Hill was out.

Count me interested and optimistic to see what he can do when used that way for all his snaps.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:27 PM 06-05-2022
POLL:
Who will lead Chiefs WRs in receiving yards in 2022?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:41 PM 06-05-2022
It's a reasonable projection that Juju would have a near career year with an actual stud QB should he stay healthy.

It's reasonable to expect that Hardman would see an uptick in production due to not having Hill in front of him for all the specialty play stuff that is designed for that position.

It's reasonable to expect MVS to at least maintain what he's already done on average.

Moore is a question, but he certainly has talent. Same with Ross.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:28 PM 06-05-2022
Looking forward to hearing all the opposing fan bases bitching about how this was supposed to be a down year for us. Cuz it’s gonna be far from a down year.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:39 PM 06-05-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Looking forward to hearing all the opposing fan bases bitching about how this was supposed to be a down year for us. Cuz it’s gonna be far from a down year.
TROOF
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:01 PM 06-05-2022
I’m guessing Coleman hasn’t impressed?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06-05-2022, 08:40 PM
This message has been deleted by RaidersOftheCellar. Reason: DP
Abba-Dabba 07:07 PM 06-27-2022
Free for the kids and free photos for the adults. Good people.
Not that 350/250 divadoodoo.

[Reply]
Page 59 of 97
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up