ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>KC and Reid are not following the "Dynasty" model...
petegz28 07:02 PM 10-24-2021
We are purely an offensive team. And offensive passing team at that. We depend on our QB to consistently make elite play after elite play to win. That works only so much. We got to two SBs, won one. But our model of team is not long lived as we are seeing this year.

Elite QB + strong defense is what wins consistently. We saw it with New England, Indy, Denver both with Elway and Manning, Tampa Bay has it right now. The Steelers and Big Ben go in there too.

Don't get me wrong, I love Reek and Kelce but Kelce is more important. Mahomes is an elite QB and can elevate the play of those around him.

This team has to move towards a strong defense. Run the ball more and let Pat drive the offense with Kelce.

Quit trying to win via shootout. That works some but more times that not it seems like it comes up short.

Elite QB + Good\Great defense is the formula.

Right now we are going the way of Seattle. Seattle has Wilson, Metcalf and Lockett but their D seems to have withered.
2 of the last 3 teams in the SB had elite defenses. The elite D with the elite QB won one. The elite QB and elite offense won the other showing the elite QB is a must.

But do you have to be a high flying, high scoring offense just because you have an elite QB?

Or can you still roll out an elite defense that consistently puts your elite QB in good positions and let him take advantage?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:04 PM 10-24-2021
Hill is more important than Kelce. Kelce doesn't require every team to run two high safeties to avoid decapitation.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:05 PM 10-24-2021
Kelce looks like he’s beaten up
[Reply]
petegz28 07:06 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Hill is more important than Kelce. Kelce doesn't require every team to run two high safeties to avoid decapitation.
I understand your point but I disagree to a large extent.

When we were down to Houston in the playoffs who took over?

Who takes over whenever we are down and have to come back?

Between the 2 I take Kelce over Reek.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:07 PM 10-24-2021
And there is no reason we can't have Reek and Kelce and an elite defense.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:07 PM 10-24-2021
Look, I fucking LOVE Mahomes. But did he elevate the players around him today? OL, and DL, and QB. That’s the sauce.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:08 PM 10-24-2021
I hate to say it but I’m afraid Kelce’s best days may be behind him. He’s 32. They need to think about what this offense will look like when Kelce is no longer at the top of his game.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:08 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I understand your point but I disagree to a large extent.

When we were down to Houston in the playoffs who took over?

Who takes over whenever we are down and have to come back?

Between the 2 I take Kelce over Reek.
Kelce is a better player but he doesn't affect defensive schemes the way Hill does. Teams literally can't play man because of Hill.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:09 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Kelce looks like he’s beaten up
he looks hurt on the sideline more and more. :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 07:10 PM 10-24-2021
Denver with Manning may have been a bit off but other than that the other thing we see from teams like NE, Indy, Denver with Elway, Tampa currently, is they can run the fucking ball and they do run the ball.

They have an elite QB but they almost still play a version of Marty ball by setting up the PA pass, etc. Seattle ran the ball with Lynch. Indy with James. Elway with Davis. Tampa with whomever.

Just saying that we seem to be approaching things from the Vermeil aspect. Problem was when Vermeil won with the Rams they had a top 5 defense.

Just going out trying to win shootouts is not going to work.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:11 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Look, I ****ing LOVE Mahomes. But did he elevate the players around him today? OL, and DL, and QB. That’s the sauce.
Seemed like Patrick was always able to do more with less in the past.

For whatever reason, we aren't seeing that with him this year.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:11 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Kelce is a better player but he doesn't affect defensive schemes the way Hill does. Teams literally can't play man because of Hill.
Well until we run the ball more they don't need too. What was Hill's stat line today? And he damn near had another ball bounce off his hands.

Just saying I will take an elite TE over an elite WR. We saw that with NE year after year. They went through WR's but their elite TE's were $.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:12 PM 10-24-2021
The day this team paid Chris Jones instead of trading him, they created a huge issue..
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:12 PM 10-24-2021
Rotating a high percentage of the roster to keep hungry players?
[Reply]
Kman34 07:14 PM 10-24-2021
Players get paid.. Win a lot and distractions mount... Success is nice but you get comfortable and complacent.. Not as hungry as the other teams for a Championship.. Its human nature..

We should have seen this coming... I blame myself... sad...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up