ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 37
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020-21 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread***
comochiefsfan 10:08 PM 12-02-2020
Apologies if someone else already started this, but thought I would get the conversation going if not.

Hell of a win tonight. Pinson is a stud. Tilmon looks to have finally learned how to defend without fouling.

Definitely a promising start to the season. 2-0 and looks like this has a chance to be the best team of the Cuonzo era up to this point.
[Reply]
F150 01:28 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
The expectation with a healthy and senior laden team was being much improved and hopefully towards the top of the SEC. They are admittedly improved, but not as much as I would have hoped and they seem to have regressed throughout late in the season. It is what it is, he’s stuck here even longer now due to making the tournament and our brilliant AD is even looking into extending Cuonzo Martin.
Hes what, $3million a year? will they up that?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 06:58 PM 03-12-2021
Let’s finish these little piggies!

[Reply]
kepp 07:37 PM 03-12-2021
These refs are charge happy
[Reply]
kepp 07:45 PM 03-12-2021
And a flop to get #5 on Tilmon
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 08:02 PM 03-12-2021
Shitty officiating hurting both teams.
[Reply]
kepp 08:07 PM 03-12-2021
Bad officiating for sure, but our patented 2nd half drought killed us.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:16 PM 03-12-2021
The problem is that Martin recruits toughness and grit first.

Size second.

Then one of athletic ability, basketball skill (ball handling, passing).

Then, a distant last place, ability to shoot.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:55 PM 03-12-2021
Need a new coach. stop blaming officials

Maybe a new AD first
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:27 PM 03-12-2021
I didn't watch. Knew they'd blow it.
[Reply]
crispystl 02:40 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I didn't watch. Knew they'd blow it.

It really just seems likes it the same recycled product (polished turd) rolled out ever year. Same but different.

It’s a shame because I LOVED Missouri basketball growing up in Mid Mo, but the lack of success and imop the move the the SEC have made it hard to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Dartgod 04:04 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by crispystl:
It really just seems likes it the same recycled product (polished turd) rolled out ever year. Same but different.

It’s a shame because I LOVED Missouri basketball growing up in Mid Mo, but the lack of success and imop the move the the SEC have made it hard to watch.

The difference is that this turd is far shinier than any of those from the past several years. I've watched more Mizzou BB this year than the last 5 combined. I don't expect them to do anything and figure they'll be a one and done in the tournament, but at least they've kept my interest this year.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:26 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The problem is that Martin recruits toughness and grit first.

Size second.

Then one of athletic ability, basketball skill (ball handling, passing).

Then, a distant last place, ability to shoot.
And the fucking moron still hasn't learned that his way is trash and doesn't translate to any success, outside of a one and done tourney appearance every few years.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 05:45 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by crispystl:

Yeah I can't lie I'm not as huge of a Mizzou basketball fan as I used to be. The last decade has been rough.

2011-2012 season was great but ended terribly and then we moved to the SEC and haven't been good since. 1 one and done tournament appearance since then.

And not alot of hope going forward right now. I like Cuonzo but we'll always be mediocre at best with him. Atleast he's better than Kim.

The move to the SEC was still the right move financially but I really really miss the Big 12 rivalries. Like alot. I miss them in football but especially basketball. Conference play just isn't the same anymore.

Football and basketball have both been below average since 2014. 7 years of not much to cheer for or look forward to.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:40 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Need a new coach. stop blaming officials

Maybe a new AD first
Agreed.

Drinkwitz was a HR hire but everyone else sucks. Basketball & baseball head coaches are awful.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:01 PM 03-14-2021
Yep, they'll never get anywhere with Martin. They've been OK but inconsistent this year. I look for them to make the tourney and be one and done.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 37
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up