ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 435
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:56 PM 09-18-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yet Chris Jones....
Yeah Frank took the double team to allow him to be one on one
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:04 PM 09-18-2019
Ravens have a good o-line. Especially on the outside. Chiefs are going to have their hands full chasing Jackson around. (Yes, he's fast.) Hope Spags has a good plan for outside contain on Sunday.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 02:05 PM 09-18-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Ravens have a good o-line. Especially on the outside. Chiefs are going to have their hands full chasing Jackson around. Hope they figure out outside contain on Sunday.
We got on them last year by sending tons of heat. They are improved offensively but I still think the same scheme could work against them, Stanley is good but I think Brown could be had.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:11 PM 09-18-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
We got on them last year by sending tons of heat. They are improved offensively but I still think the same scheme could work against them, Stanley is good but I think Brown could be had.
Hope you're right. Last year's game:

L. Jackson

C/ATT - 13/24
YDS - 147
TD - 2
INT - 0
Sacks - 2 (20yds)
QBR - 66.4

RUSH - 14 Carries for 67 yds, Long: 21
[Reply]
YontsRBake 02:19 PM 09-18-2019
Hope you're right. Last year's game:

L. Jackson

C/ATT - 13/24
YDS - 147
TD - 2
INT - 0
Sacks - 2 (20yds)
QBR - 66.4

RUSH - 14 Carries for 67 yds, Long: 21
If I remember correctly it took us until the 4th Q to finally be aggressive with the pressure, but we started bringing 5-6 on a lot of plays in the 4th Q and OT and he started struggling and it led to the sack fumble that won the game.

They are improved though so looking at that might be the wrong move. Will be a good test to see if we’re really improved on defense this year or not.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:46 PM 09-18-2019
I would much rather have Frank Clark than Dee Ford right now. Ford might have a couple of sacks as they would double Jones first, but they would also have gashed our right side C/D gap to frustrating levels.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:00 PM 09-18-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
He better hit double digits sacks and he probably will. But he hasn't played well these past two games. I don't know why grading players on a game by game basis is so difficult for you guys to comprehend.
Not seeing this as a problem really. Clark has compiled, not averaged, at least 10 sacks in the last three seasons. He'll get his sacks, and he'll get his average 'splash' plays by season's end. As others have said, sacks/splash plays come in bunches.

Derrick Thomas in the 1990 season had four games without a sack, and one game with less than one sack (0.5). That was the same season in which he set the NFL record for sacks in a game, on Nov. 11 1990, with seven.

Btw, the game before he only had one, and the two games after he didn't record a sack in either.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:21 PM 09-18-2019
Just saw practice photos from today—could tell that Clark is wearing an elbow brace again under his sleeves on the left arm.

I bet he never even had his UCLs repaired. Idk. Weird. Don’t like it.

But he wasn’t on the injury report.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:29 PM 09-18-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
If I remember correctly it took us until the 4th Q to finally be aggressive with the pressure, but we started bringing 5-6 on a lot of plays in the 4th Q and OT and he started struggling and it led to the sack fumble that won the game.

They are improved though so looking at that might be the wrong move. Will be a good test to see if we’re really improved on defense this year or not.
Your memory is better than mine. My main memory about the end of the game is RGIII coming in. That and thinking that one high pass was going to be called interference. Not because it necessarily was, but because Chiefs in playoffs. :-)
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:40 PM 09-18-2019
Ravens have a good o-line. Especially on the outside. Chiefs are going to have their hands full chasing Jackson around. (Yes, he's fast.) Hope Spags has a good plan for outside contain on Sunday.
Blitz all day and jam the crud out of his recievers. He'll come back down to earth.
[Reply]
-King- 06:45 PM 09-18-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Perhaps we should also look at Clark's history as well.
Is reading comprehension at an all time low? At no time have I said Clark sucks. But his two games this season have. I'm only talking about the two games we've seen. I'm not saying he sucks. I'm not saying he's going to be bad this season. But the past two games haven't been good. Same way I said Aaron Donald's 2 games haven't been good given his expectations.

I don't know how many more times or ways I can say that.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:53 PM 09-18-2019
:-)

Warrick is reeeeeally butthurt over this topic. He does NOT like people criticizing Frank Clark, let me tell you!
[Reply]
notorious 06:58 PM 09-18-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I would much rather have Frank Clark than Dee Ford right now. Ford might have a couple of sacks as they would double Jones first, but they would also have gashed our right side C/D gap to frustrating levels.
Hell yeah.

It's not even close.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:00 PM 09-18-2019
Ford has tendonitis in his knee, I think.
[Reply]
notorious 07:03 PM 09-18-2019
Speak of the Deevil.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/n...-ford/page124/
[Reply]
Page 18 of 435
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up