ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 38
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Yellowstone
srvy 09:22 AM 06-13-2018
New series to debut on Paramount network staring Kevin Costner. Trailer looks pretty good writer is Taylor Sheridan of the Sicario film series. Just my opinion but seams a loose take on Cliven Bundy.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:00 PM 07-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Just getting on this train. So far, I hate the entire Dutton family, every single one. There is not one character on this show that is a sympathetic character, except possibly Dan Jenkins and "maybe" Rip, but fucking hell, even those guys will shoot you straight in the back. John is basically a mob boss, Jamie is a spineless coward that refuses to stand on his own in spite of being the most able, Kayce is noble guy that chooses to take the loser route no matter where he goes, and Beth is the smoking hot bitchy girl that is easy to hate because she hates everyone.

Great show though, haha.

*EDIT - Jimmy might be the sympathetic character, but he has GOT to get his shit together, lol.
**EDIT pt.2 - I'm halfway through the second season
I think this is in part purposeful.

The 'saga' of the Duttons in the mind of Sheridan is to tell the story of a family with some harsh and uncompromising perspectives, then let you decide for yourself whether those perspectives are merited.

Whether John is right to be a mob boss. Whether Jamie is right to try to find a weaselly way out. Whether Beth is right to be openly angry and resentful at the whole mess. Whether Kayce's idealistic rejection is the right way to respond, etc.

With land and power comes pushback, opposition, usurpers, etc. Is it worth it to try to hold it all together, and how far will you go.

That's the story.

You're not supposed to automatically like anyone, so much as see how complex the situation is, and how realistically drawn people might respond.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:15 PM 07-04-2021
Yeah, he just wants to get back to life, but he picked the wrong ranch lol. I get the feeling he's going to make a re-appearance down the road at some point.
Keep watching...
[Reply]
Bowser 10:08 AM 07-05-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

The 'saga' of the Duttons in the mind of Sheridan is to tell the story of a family with some harsh and uncompromising perspectives, then let you decide for yourself whether those perspectives are merited.

Whether John is right to be a mob boss. Whether Jamie is right to try to find a weaselly way out. Whether Beth is right to be openly angry and resentful at the whole mess. Whether Kayce's idealistic rejection is the right way to respond, etc.

With land and power comes pushback, opposition, usurpers, etc. Is it worth it to try to hold it all together, and how far will you go.

That's the story.

You're not supposed to automatically like anyone, so much as see how complex the situation is, and how realistically drawn people might respond.
Good post, and agree.

It's probably a credit to the writing and direction that I can't quite remember a show that made me not want to like a single one of the leads, but can't stop watching and be completely drawn in. Love the story of how ranch life is intermixed with big business and politics in the 21st century. Very raw and has the feel of truth in it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:50 AM 07-05-2021
They need to make one about HOG RANCHIN.

HEY BOY" GET IN THERE WITH THAT BOAR. WHEN YOU COME OUT YOU BETTER HAVE A BAG FULL OF SEMEN IN YOUR HAND"
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:29 PM 07-05-2021
You in on this marathon today, Bowz?

We're currently on season 3 episode 4, and things are heating up...
[Reply]
Bowser 03:10 PM 07-05-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You in on this marathon today, Bowz?

We're currently on season 3 episode 4, and things are heating up...
Only made it halfway through season 2, and they aren't showing that season on In Demand while the marathon is going on. I got to the point where Beth got the ever living shit beat out of her in her office.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:52 PM 07-05-2021
Only made it halfway through season 2, and they aren't showing that season on In Demand while the marathon is going on. I got to the point where Beth got the ever living shit beat out of her in her office.
Oh crap I'm a spoiler SOB, I'll shut up now until you catch up
[Reply]
Bwana 06:56 PM 07-05-2021

Heh, that's about where season 2 starts getting good. :-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 07:24 PM 07-05-2021
You have to suspend reality a LOT with Yellowstone. If 1% of the stuff that happens in that show actually happened it would be the headline story on every news channel in America every night.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:09 AM 07-12-2021
No spoilers here.
I read a story about season 4. I should not have.
Have not finished season 3.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:00 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

That's the story.

It's basically the Godfather on a ranch, at its most basic level.

All the characters have their good and bad moments, and that's what makes me love them, they are all...human. No caricatures, mustache twirling villians vs knights in shining armor. Again, a lot like the Godfather.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:24 PM 07-24-2021
Binged this finally. Thank goodness for the July 4th marathon. I had tried to find it on demand and finally just set the dvr and luckily marathon.

This is a really good show. Like all the other series you have to suspend disbelief, because frankly now of this shit would ever happen like this. But whatever. Same with most other shows.

The cinematography is beautiful. First class.

I’m no cowboy but they did the cowboying portions pretty right according to my grain producer eye. Credit for caring. And it really does add a lot of credibility to the story.

Costner is soooo good. Same with Reilly and Hauser. Grimes and Bentley are a step down but fine. Lots of good performances in here.

They hand waive most aspects of business, but they did do a nice job of expressing scale of equity. Dutton has a mountain of equity in farm land. But he can’t move anywhere near the money Jenkins can and Jenkins can’t move anywhere near the equity group can. That’s pretty well done actually. Most of the rest is plot devices but it would have been real easy to hand waive that one too.

Rip Wheeler is my spirit animal.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:04 AM 07-25-2021
Finished S3 last night. No spoilers here. But I was stunned.

Great show.

I dont know if it is the way things today are written-but I think some of the stories could be stretched out more. They gloss over some things. Some are kind of thin. Like with Tate in Season 2 and what happens to him.

E/R could move a story over a few episodes-make them thicker. But they did 22 or so per season. Today's world is different. Maybe they are trying to focus more on main characters not ancillary characters.
[Reply]
Old Dog 08:21 AM 07-25-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
It's basically the Godfather on a ranch, at its most basic level.
My thought was Sons of Anarchy with a rancher rather than motorcycle club
[Reply]
sully1983 08:24 AM 07-25-2021
It sucks that we have to wait until November for Season 4 but there is that old saying "Good things come to those who wait"

So I am sure it'll be worth the wait. Easily one of my favorite shows on TV right now.
Beth Dutton (played by Kelly Reilly ) is my favorite character as the bitchy/feisty red head. She is hot as hell , drinks a lot and funny too. What's not to like?

[Reply]
Page 9 of 38
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up